OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always a big fan of these comics over the years.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chadwick Boseman's last Marvel project before his death.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
One of the best Marvel comics back when I used to read them. Loved the stories, animated is probably the only way they could get it done and from the trailer it looks awesome.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the best Marvel comics back when I used to read them. Loved the stories, animated is probably the only way they could get it done and from the trailer it looks awesome.

Those stories always had a vibe to them that was so unique. I think it allowed the writers to stretch their legs a bit and really explore some avenues that just weren't available to them in the standard universe. Probably a real fun change of pace for them and that showed on the pages.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Those stories always had a vibe to them that was so unique. I think it allowed the writers to stretch their legs a bit and really explore some avenues that just weren't available to them in the standard universe. Probably a real fun change of pace for them and that showed on the pages.

I am willing to bet that some of the stories that ended up in What If? Might have been rejected storylines for the main titles. I’ve always been a sucker for alternate universe type of tales and What If? probably started it for me as a kid.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I always wanted marvel cartoons to be better. I was always left disappointed because they weren’t as good, as beautiful, as nuanced, as the comic books. This actually looks like something I’ll watch and enjoy.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of this first episode. I just seems to thrown together and not alot behind it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rewatched Captain America First Avenger and this What If had so much of that movie in there. Just little twists that changed everything.

I also really liked the Peggy still went for skinny Steve. It was about the man inside not the man outside.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool concept. Liked the first episode.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the second episode. Love the animation, and I think having most of the actors doing the voices is really cool. But man, these are horrible and cringe inducing. Just my opinion. MCU hasn't been good since Endgame, and it doesn't look like it will improve anytime soon.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just watched the second episode. Love the animation, and I think having most of the actors doing the voices is really cool. But man, these are horrible and cringe inducing. Just my opinion. MCU hasn't been good since Endgame, and it doesn't look like it will improve anytime soon.
You don’t have high hopes for Shang-Chi or the Eternals?

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worry that Shang-Chi is going to be just a modern kung-fu type movie with Marvel accents (but I have to admit the trailer looks cool). Marvel essentially abandoning it before it comes out doesn't bode well. I have no faith in the Eternals.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I worry that Shang-Chi is going to be just a modern kung-fu type movie with Marvel accents (but I have to admit the trailer looks cool). Marvel essentially abandoning it before it comes out doesn't bode well. I have no faith in the Eternals.
How is Marvel abandoning it?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Question about What if.. Do you all think these different realities are going to be the same reality in this show, meaning these new characters will come together at the end?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I didn't enjoy the second episode as much as the first, not sure how that twist would all of a sudden make Thanos so different.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Question about What if.. Do you all think these different realities are going to be the same reality in this show, meaning these new characters will come together at the end?

I don't think so, I think these are all one offs that is the way the comic book series was. It allows them to put the same character in multiple stories with no restrictions.