2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to look forward to next season.

The mention of Christmas Day games solidified it is time to start a new thread.

From ESPN:

A showdown between the Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers will highlight the NBA's Christmas Day schedule, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joel Embiid has agreed to a four-year, $196 million super max extension.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's time to look forward to next season.

The mention of Christmas Day games solidified it is time to start a new thread.

From ESPN:

A showdown between the Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers will highlight the NBA's Christmas Day schedule, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

No Suns on Christmas Day. Slap in the face to the West Champions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is any consolation, it appears the Bucks will not be playing on Christmas Day either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is any consolation, it appears the Bucks will not be playing on Christmas Day either.

neither of the Finals teams on Christmas? That def surprises me. I thought we’d be on this year.

reality is... most people are going to look at last year as a fluke. Hell, when we were up 2-0 in the Finals, there was a mass of talk about how if we win it would be looked at a little sideways with all the injuries. Of course, no one says that after the Bucks won having faced hurt Nets/Hawks teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither of the Finals teams on Christmas? That def surprises me. I thought we’d be on this year.

reality is... most people are going to look at last year as a fluke. Hell, when we were up 2-0 in the Finals, there was a mass of talk about how if we win it would be looked at a little sideways with all the injuries. Of course, no one says that after the Bucks won having faced hurt Nets/Hawks teams.

Yeah, it doesn't feel like the Suns get the respect they deserve. It's unlikely to change any time soon.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score

Add an injured Suns team to that list.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it doesn't feel like the Suns get the respect they deserve. It's unlikely to change any time soon.

they’ll have to have another really good to great season for people to buy in. I also think if we have a great start to the year, people will start taking us more seriously. As is, most of the chatter I hear is that we’re in the top 3 in the West right now.

I also think we will get a bunch of National TV games on Cable this year.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And hurt Suns team

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they’ll have to have another really good to great season for people to buy in. I also think if we have a great start to the year, people will start taking us more seriously. As is, most of the chatter I hear is that we’re in the top 3 in the West right now.

I also think we will get a bunch of National TV games on Cable this year.

It will take a really good team to be top three or four in the West. I will take it. Top four in the West was what Monty was saying last season.

If the Suns can boost the depth at power forward so much the better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like we are getting a Christmas Game:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just about to post the above. Here is what it looks like.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was just about to post the above. Here is what it looks like.

Yessir!!!! Can’t wait to watch us on Christmas. Should be a highly entertaining game. Curious of the matchups if Klay is back. Bridges will probably start on Curry since I don’t think we want CP3 chasing him around lol. Book vs. Thompson is going to be a lot of fun. Crowder/Draymond matchup but Ayton needs to dominate inside. I could even see Book spend some time on Wiggins. Just like all of us, bummed about the Finals but the future is bright. 10 years of no playoffs and we go the Finals. Next season can’t come soon enough. And we got Cards on Christmas as well. LFG!!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the opening week schedule for October.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad we start against the Nuggets. They're a tough matchup for us when they're healthy but they won't have Murray for that opener.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terry Rozier gets a 4 year, $97 million max contract extension.

Some of these contracts are off the wall. There better be a lot of television money.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taj Gibson agrees to a 2 year, $10.1 million contract.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terry Rozier gets a 4 year, $97 million max contract extension.

Some of these contracts are off the wall. There better be a lot of television money.

Charlotte is pretty dumb when it comes to free agents and extensions. I wish we could benefit from it somehow. We only have 1 bad franchise in our division now since the Clippers ditched Sterling and the Warriors finally turned the corner.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We now live in a world where Terry Rozier gets the max.

Its his max not the league max. He signed for $20 million a year or something a couple years back so the max extension he can is 120% of what he was making, I believe. League max for him would have 30% of the cap, which is a few million more. He's still making just under $25 million a year, which isn't the true max.

Its still an overpay though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose