Folktales

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, saw the commercial about it before the game and looks really interesting.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks painful. I in no way, shape, or form want to relive the Super Bowl loss or the MNF loss to the Bears (I was at that game). This looks like a series for those who are a glutton for punishment.

Happy I'll watch the "happy" episodes.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Remember that little speedster we drafted a few years ago from Texas A/M I think. Believe we were high on him to be a kick returner and I can't remember if part time RB, slot, or WR. But whichever....and he went out and got hurt the first game or maybe it was preseason even. Did his name begin with Mc? Whatever happened to that guy, another wasted draft pick, short, small, fast guy we thought we would be creative in taking and ending up with our head in the sand again.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember that little speedster we drafted a few years ago from Texas A/M I think. Believe we were high on him to be a kick returner and I can't remember if part time RB, slot, or WR. But whichever....and he went out and got hurt the first game or maybe it was preseason even. Did his name begin with Mc? Whatever happened to that guy, another wasted draft pick, short, small, fast guy we thought we would be creative in taking and ending up with our head in the sand again.
Ryan Swope. I don’t think he even suited or played a down for us. I think we drafted him injured and he never got off the IR

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Ryan Swope. I don’t think he even suited or played a down for us. I think we drafted him injured and he never got off the IR
the injury issue was concussions

and he got a concussion in his first minicamp, and that was it

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The players recently drafted by cardinals from Texas, A&M
Ryan Swoope, never played in the NFL
Brandon Williams, former rb converted cb, kick off returner
Christian Kirk, slot wr, supposed to be the new golden tate, but he prefers running out of bound then get tackled

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is who I was thinking of too but that was more than a "few years ago"(over 20!) and I don't think he got hurt in preseason or was ever a slot WR. He just wasn't a very good RB and just an average kickoff guy.

He was great in college. Still hold's the A&M record for yards per game and I think the NCAA record on return yards, return TD's and most return TD's per game but he's another of these dumb kids who declared too early and wasn't ready for the NFL.

I often wish they would remove that rule and only let them enter their draft after their senior year or if they completed their degree. Or some third party body has to rubber stamp it as a smart move.

Every draft I shake my head several times at some of the players that declare who would be far better served staying in school.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That is who I was thinking of too but that was more than a "few years ago"(over 20!) and I don't think he got hurt in preseason or was ever a slot WR. He just wasn't a very good RB and just an average kickoff guy.
Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane.

He was one of those guys who runs a 4.3 without pads, but in games looked slow and small.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Remember that little speedster we drafted a few years ago from Texas A/M I think.
Leeland McElroy? that was a long time ago

long enough i can tell this story (mostly)

used to go to the Cardinals Charity Dinner pretty regularly. McElroy came in with big hopes, but never really did much

i think during his second year, i was at a table with a Cardinals offensive lineman. I asked about Leeland. Surprised by the answer: "Afraid..... "

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a fun series to watch. Good or bad, major moments in history with huge implications.