2021 NFL COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But will it truly be enforced? My guess is...not.
My buddy who lives in Tampa went to Bucs games last season and he said the security staff were on people like hawks. And if you got told more than twice to put on your mask, your ass was gonzo.

Now, that was last year when there were much fewer fans and no vaccines and the country hadn’t gotten through, thought it got over Covid and now could be back deep in the throws of it by football season, but we’ll see if that happens this year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy who lives in Tampa went to Bucs games last season and he said the security staff were on people like hawks. And if you got told more than twice to put on your mask, your ass was gonzo.

Now, that was last year when there were much fewer fans and no vaccines and the country hadn’t gotten through, thought it got over Covid and now could be back deep in the throws of it by football season, but we’ll see if that happens this year.

I went to a Trailblazer playoff game and they had 50% capacity and vaxxed sections (yes, they checked) and we still had to wear masks. Security was enforcing it too. Can't have the cameras pan and see no masks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to a Trailblazer playoff game and they had 50% capacity and vaxxed sections (yes, they checked) and we still had to wear masks. Security was enforcing it too. Can't have the cameras pan and see no masks.

that didn’t seem to be the case in any of the Suns playoffs games or Milwaukee in the finals.

its funny, a lot of people made a big deal out of the Deer District being a breeding ground for Covid, but at least those people were outside. The crowds packed together indoors in the stadium might have led to more cases than the crowd outside did.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that didn’t seem to be the case in any of the Suns playoffs games or Milwaukee in the finals.

its funny, a lot of people made a big deal out of the Deer District being a breeding ground for Covid, but at least those people were outside. The crowds packed together indoors in the stadium might have led to more cases than the crowd outside did.
They have traced at least 500 cases back to the Deer District

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Israel's health ministry reports that the Pfizer vaccine is just 39% effective against Delta Variant, but still retains a high effectiveness against serious illness. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/del...ective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

19% of California covid cases are breakthrough. https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/07/borenstein-19-of-california-covid-cases-are-breakthroughs/

There hasn't been a Variant of High Consequence yet. If something worse comes along we could see forfeits this season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps slightly off topic but I think it is related. Have to take the virus very seriously or games can be lost.

The NBA Wizards did not have enough players to play a summer league game due to contact tracing pertaining to health and safety protocols.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps slightly off topic but I think it is related. Have to take the virus very seriously or games can be lost.

The NBA Wizards did not have enough players to play a summer league game due to contact tracing pertaining to health and safety protocols.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Seems odd that the summer league can't be in a bubble. It's what, 5 games and in two locations work no travel?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that the summer league can't be in a bubble. It's what, 5 games and in two locations work no travel?

I don't think going back to the bubble is the preferred direction. In the NBA Finals large crowds attended games. It could be we are headed in the wrong direction with the new variants.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Is State Farm Stadium requiring masks again? This article suggests so, but haven’t seen anything official. Either way, my family will be masked up tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose