2021 Training Camp Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
sweet. If Watt and Jones live up to their potential and past play, this D could really wreak havoc.
I'm cautiously excited about the group. I like some of what I saw from Fotu, Allen, and Lawrence at times last year.

Golden is always going to bring it. And if Simmons takes the next step and Collins can make a positive impact, this group could be pretty good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm cautiously excited about the group. I like some of what I saw from Fotu, Allen, and Lawrence at times last year.

Golden is always going to bring it. And if Simmons takes the next step and Collins can make a positive impact, this group could be pretty good.

Im not really sure what you saw in those three guys last year. They all looked like... guys. And you value Golden a lot more than I do. He’s slow, he never keeps contain and isn’t the best wrapping up guys even when he does get to the QB.

but I do think having 3 big difference makers in the front 7 can mask a lot of deficiencies elsewhere and I think there’s a better than average chance Watt, Jones and Simmons can all be difference makers. And I have high hopes for Zaven as well. If he can join them, four very good players up front can go a long way towards creating a good defense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Im not really sure what you saw in those three guys last year. They all looked like... guys. And you value Golden a lot more than I do. He’s slow, he never keeps contain and isn’t the best wrapping up guys even when he does get to the QB.

but I do think having 3 big difference makers in the front 7 can mask a lot of deficiencies elsewhere and I think there’s a better than average chance Watt, Jones and Simmons can all be difference makers. And I have high hopes for Zaven as well. If he can join them, four very good players up front can go a long way towards creating a good defense.
They flashed at times but none looked like difference makers, only decent rotational players, which is what the base of a defensive line is built on.

Golden still gets pressure, and pressure is a good thing.

Also having Baker clean up some of the issues upfront will help.

More than anything it will be great to see as little of Jordan Hicks and none of Devondre Campbell. Those dudes sucked royally.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They flashed at times but none looked like difference makers, only decent rotational players, which is what the base of a defensive line is built on.

Golden still gets pressure, and pressure is a good thing.

Also having Baker clean up some of the issues upfront will help.

More than anything it will be great to see as little of Jordan Hicks and none of Devondre Campbell. Those dudes sucked royally.

I got no quibble with that last statement. Those guys were awful.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I will say that Phillips and Fotu getting one-on-one opportunities is going to be a potential nightmare for opposing teams to handle. Golden gets the same benefit. Teams are going to have to pick and choose how they go about blocking this group and that should result in opportunities for these guys to make an impact.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I will say that Phillips and Fotu getting one-on-one opportunities is going to be a potential nightmare for opposing teams to handle. Golden gets the same benefit. Teams are going to have to pick and choose how they go about blocking this group and that should result in opportunities for these guys to make an impact.
JJ Watt signed and if Jones comes back and plays at a reasonable clip, all of the front seven will benefit. JJ Watt was the most double teamed edge player last year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose