Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree… what would I need to go anywhere?

you calling him a second rounder is a passive aggressive slam that we’re getting beat by a scrub. We’re not.

role players will play better at home. We’ll win Game 5.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no he wasn’t. He missed easy shots and was nowhere to be found on the boards in the 4th when the Bucks kept getting offensive rebounds.
I call this..... Ayton float mode. Amazing for a NBA finals game. Must be a chill Bahamas mindset. All for it outside of being in between the lines.....but d amn... Act like you want it man.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sit him for who? Payne hasn't been very good either and Booker had to sit a lot with foul trouble. Not much choice but to play Paul.
At this stage Monty will ride the horse that got him here and that is Paul. Wouldn’t mind to see Tucker get physical with Holiday and Same with Nader on Middleton

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea… I’ve played baseball and football with sprained wrists and broken fingers.
I am not saying his hand/wrist isn’t “an” issue. But it’s not “the” issue.
If he and Monty feel he’s good to go, I can assure you whatever he has going on, while nagging, is not the primary cause for his all-world choke job tonight.
I've never seen Paul fumble dribble like that every possession ever before. It's like watching Gheorghe Muresan trying to run a fast break. That's not choking, he simply can't control the ball right now.

Before his injury, he was the most in-control PG in the game. He wasn't the most exciting, the most dynamic but his value came from his intelligence and his ability to control the game. Now, he's proving that BBIQ alone isn't enough to overcome all limitations.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... this was tough. We controlled that game and lead for pretty much 44 minutes and then just choked at the end. No one stepped up next to Book.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
you calling him a second rounder is a passive aggressive slam thy we’re getting beat by a scrub. We’re not.

role players will play better T home. We’ll win Game 5.
Actually, I’m stunned that a second rounder has risen to the level he’s achieved. I know I only watch 10 games a year… but, I believe it’s quite rare to see a second rounder do what Middleton is doing…

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did Monty even call a timeout in the last 5 minutes?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call this..... Ayton float mode. Amazing for a NBA finals game. Must be a chill Bahamas mindset. All for it outside of being in between the lines.....but d amn... Act like you want it man.

he was slow getting back on D a lot also tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I’m stunned that a second rounder has risen to the level he’s achieved. I know I only watch 10 games a year… but, I believe it’s quite rare to see a second rounder do what Middleton is doing…

really? You’re gonna keep banging this drum?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So in the finals we’ve gotten:

One the worst games of the season from Ayton (game 2 until last two minutes)

the worst game of the season from Booker (game 3)

the worst game of the season from Paul (game 4)

that’s really disheartening.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I've never seen Paul fumble dribble like that every possession ever before. It's like watching Gheorghe Muresan trying to run a fast break. That's not choking, he simply can't control the ball right now.

Before his injury, he was the most in-control PG in the game. He wasn't the most exciting, the most dynamic but his value came from his intelligence and his ability to control the game. Now, he's proving that BBIQ alone isn't enough to overcome all limitations.
As I mentioned earlier… fumbled… poor handling… poor decisions (which were as big of an issue as his fumbling & bumbling routine), come on strong when you are mentally and physically beaten down.
He’s reached rarified air with respect to post-season minutes (only two other point guards have ever reached the amount of mins Paul has played, in their 16th season). And Holiday is now pummeling the old man against the ropes, and Paul is out of bullets.
We can disagree… but this is how I see it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So unbelievably disappointing. We should have won this one.

Our turnover differential is a serious problem.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Man... this was tough. We controlled that game and lead for pretty much 44 minutes and then just choked at the end. No one stepped up next to Book.
I was sitting next to two of the employees the Suns flew in...... Said the same thing to them. THis should have been Chris's 4th quarter when Book got into foul trouble.

And we seem to be doing a lot of complaining to the refs. That has to stop.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We were begging Milwaukee to win the game
Yup. Ayton was a force through 3 quarters on the boards and then he disappeared down the stretch. And he hasn’t been effective on offensive boards as he’s been all other rounds of the playoff.

we out shot them by 11% from the field (51-40%) and from 3. But we gave them NINETEEN more shots. NINETEEN! You’ll never win a game when you the opposition 20 more chances to score.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort