Suns @ Lakers Sunday Playoff thread 5-30- 2021 - Game 4

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitchell, in his second playoff year, against the Rockets, had one of the the worst EFG% I have ever seen. It happens. You just named 4 primary ball-handlers and compared them to a shooting guard getting double and triple-teamed. While Booker handles the ball, he is not a ball-handler in the same sense. I wish he were as he would be more well-rounded. Booker acknowledges that he has not shot the ball well.

I can't recall who said at the beginning of the game, I think it was Jalen Rose, but they said something like Booker needs to explode like Tatum did the other night. Tatum is a fair comparison, IMO. I know he plays some PF now but he's a wing and scorer like Booker. I remember talk of Tatum being too similar to Booker as a reason we shouldn't draft him. Of course we didn't have the chance to draft him but whatever. I think its fair to compare him to Mitchell but Trae, Fox, and Morant are totally different players.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I can't recall who said at the beginning of the game, I think it was Jalen Rose, but they said something like Booker needs to explode like Tatum did the other night. Tatum is a fair comparison, IMO. I know he plays some PF now but he's a wing and scorer like Booker. I remember talk of Tatum being too similar to Booker as a reason we shouldn't draft him. Of course we didn't have the chance to draft him but whatever. I think its fair to compare him to Mitchell but Trae, Fox, and Morant are totally different players.

Tatum is nearly 6’9” and has a very high release point. He doesn’t have to work as hard to score as Book. Honestly Tatum looks like the next T-Mac.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
his turnovers are really hurting us too. 5 per game, while building houses has been a tough combo to overcome.
On the other hand, he's averaged a good number of rebounds and assists. His assists at least match his turnovers. But yeah, really needs to cut down on them to take the next step. The irony of him complaining about double teams in pick up games is coming back to haunt him. He needs to learn how to navigate them correctly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On the other hand, he's averaged a good number of rebounds and assists. His assists at least match his turnovers. But yeah, really needs to cut down on them to take the next step. The irony of him complaining about double teams in pick up games is coming back to haunt him. He needs to learn how to navigate them correctly.
Yup, good point. That would’ve been a great opp to work on that part of his game.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
If your string of posts was a joke it was completely lost on me.
OK, now I'm lost. My post #759 was in reference to the 3 posts before me. They were posts about game 5 and this is the game 4 thread. I thought is was funny.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tatum is nearly 6’9” and has a very high release point. He doesn’t have to work as hard to score as Book. Honestly Tatum looks like the next T-Mac.

Booker was effortless last night. Against the best defense in the league (#1 when LeBron and AD were hurt, too).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose