Suns @ Lakers Sunday Playoff thread 5-30- 2021 - Game 4

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can tell you're going through the whole thread

SPOILER ALERT

He makes a nice apology at the end for his takes and owns the mistakes he made.
Eh. No apologies needed in the heat of the moment imo. I stand by all my crap earlier... It's what makes it fun. You get proven wrong in the best way possible. Haha

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns were down by 11, (36-25) in the 2nd quarter the door could have fallen off but the Suns sucked it up.

That was a huge turning point in the game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns were down by 11, (36-25) in the 2nd quarter the door could have fallen off but the Suns sucked it up.

That was a huge turning point in the game.

True but Monty and CP3 helped keep the team poised and ready to rally back. I'm glad they didn't freak out and try over compensating for anything. That's how they've succeeded all year.

Monty doesn't seem to make adjustments on the fly. He's good at reacting to things and implementing some small adjustments at halftime but that's about it for in game adjusting. He does make changes game to game but he seems to allow players to correct their issues in game rather than running a tight ship and keeping everyone on a short leash.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
but that’s gonna be the entire story as far as the media is concerned

Paul goes down and guys like Shannon Sharpe act a fool talking bout Lebron took the Suns heart

now it’s gonna be this don’t count AD hurt
Boo hoo. It will be forgotten in the history books.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True but Monty and CP3 helped keep the team poised and ready to rally back. I'm glad they didn't freak out and try over compensating for anything. That's how they've succeeded all year.

Monty doesn't seem to make adjustments on the fly. He's good at reacting to things and implementing some small adjustments at halftime but that's about it for in game adjusting. He does make changes game to game but he seems to allow players to correct their issues in game rather than running a tight ship and keeping everyone on a short leash.

Yeah, Monty sails a stable ship.

I'd make more changes but he knows what works for the team. In the end, it's hard to argue with that. He has done it that way all season and it's paid off.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, Monty sails a stable ship.

I'd make more changes but he knows what works for the team. In the end, it's hard to argue with that. He has done it that way all season and it's paid off.
His steadiness was pretty poor for the previous 2.5 games. Glad he was able to come out of it I. The second half today.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His steadiness was pretty poor for the previous 2.5 games. Glad he was able to come out of it I. The second half today.

How was he unsteady? It seemed everyone was coming down on him for not making changes and adjustments.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think that's more the players lacking poise. They stumble when Chris Paul is not effective. I wish it were different. Maybe it's because the Suns are not an experienced playoff team.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
lol... I know. Prisoner of the moment.

that was actually the most impressive part of the game. The Lakers looked like they were about to kick us to the curb and we totally turned it around to end the half.
And to be honest, that's what we like about you. You wear your emotions on your sleeve.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap... Barkley just guaranteed us to win the series!

Bold prediction.

Has a 2nd seed ever beaten a 7th seed before in the history of the NBA?

This would be right up there with the time that 1st seed came back beat an 8th seed.