Who’s your favorite non 1st rounder?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Every team knew the Chiefs were hot on Mahomes, so with all these things in mind why would you stand pat at 13 and hope for the best?

i dont think this is true at all. Lots of sourced reporting on how even within the Chiefs building the interest was kept very close to the vest.

the Saints wanted him badly as well -- and they didnt move up either FWIW.

BA has talked openly about how they loved both Watson and Mahomes, and truly thought at least one would fall to them

the one thing you could accuse the Cards of is being incompetent as it relates to the draft that year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dont think this is true at all. Lots of sourced reporting on how even within the Chiefs building the interest was kept very close to the vest.

the Saints wanted him badly as well -- and they didnt move up either FWIW.

BA has talked openly about how they loved both Watson and Mahomes, and truly thought at least one would fall to them

the one thing you could accuse the Cards of is being incompetent as it relates to the draft that year.

There are several articles about it that confirm everything I said. they had the trade with the Bills locked in before the draft. His agent confirms the Chiefs were hot on him early. A number of guys have said it was well known at the combine that the Chiefs were hot and heavy for Mahomes. Chiefs confirmed they spoke to 6 or 7 teams about trading up.