Who’s your favorite non 1st rounder?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What guy would you like the Cards to land after round 1.

mine is Pat Freiermuth, the TE from Penn St. Pitts is getting all the attention, and rightfully so, but Freiermuth is a great player.

He could be the Cards Kittle or Kelce. He’s that good a prospect. He’s big , athletic, great hands, can run after the catch, and can block. Plus, he’d fill a big hole on the Cards roster. It would be a steal to get him at 49.
Like I said in the mock I posted, when he was playing in 2019, he was as good a player I saw that year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
with no 3rd or 4th, im actually thinking about players available at #160:

Hunter Long, TE Boston College (comp upside = Austin Hooper)
Shakur Brown, CB, Mich St (surly, gritty corner)
Dwayne Eskridge, WR, West Mich (Antonio Brown -like)
Jordan Smith, Edge, UAB (6-7, 255 !)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough question as the guys I like I think will go in the 1st even though they are mocked later

I think Freiermuth and Creed Humphrey both go round 1. I think Jamin Davis goes round 1. I think there's a strong chance Ifeatu Melifonwu goes round 1, if not he would be my pick.

I guy I think who will slip into round 2 because it's a deep position is Joseph Ossai so I will go with him. I just like his motor. The guy never quits. Easy to root for a guy like that.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What guy would you like the Cards to land after round 1.

mine is Pat Freiermuth, the TE from Penn St. Pitts is getting all the attention, and rightfully so, but Freiermuth is a great player.

He could be the Cards Kittle or Kelce. He’s that good a prospect. He’s big , athletic, great hands, can run after the catch, and can block. Plus, he’d fill a big hole on the Cards roster. It would be a steal to get him at 49.
Like I said in the mock I posted, when he was playing in 2019, he was as good a player I saw that year.
He would be a phenomenal choice. Just not sure he’d be around for our 2nd pick. I watched that kid @ PSU. He’s a stud.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He would be a phenomenal choice. Just not sure he’d be around for our 2nd pick. I watched that kid @ PSU. He’s a stud.

Did we ever get any updates on his injury? From what I recall it was kind of undisclosed....so depending on his recovery...he could very well slide to the 2nd.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My favorite: Quinn Meinerz - OL - Small school dude who didn't play for a year due to covid and then showed up at an all-star game was a star.

Guy I think will crush his draft position: Kenneth Gainwell - RB - He is going to be a really good RB for someone.

Reaction score
Likely a 4th rd pick...he sat out 2020, but I like him. 6-3 200ish:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Great choice, Loyalty!

Only I'd take him with the Cardinals 2nd Rd. pick, just to be certain I land him. Runs good routes, knows how to use and position his body, adequate speed, very good hands! Coxie is going to be a star in the NFL!

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alright, I’ve jumped on the Najee Harris bandwagon at 16. I can’t tell you how many times last year I remember thinking to my myself - if we only had a competent running game it would open things up so much more. I know a lot of that falls on the oline’s shoulders, but having a back like Harris will help compensate. Besides a legit speed receiver, an RB like him is the missing piece on offense. One of the little nuggets I’ve come across while coming to this conclusion:
“Per Bob McGinn of The Athletic, an anonymous NFL scout called Harris the best player in the draft and brought up Derrick Henry's name.

"Reminds me of Derrick Henry," the scout told McGinn. "I have a feeling he'll run in the 4.5 [in the 40] because he runs away from people in that league [the SEC], and that league I know has speed. Only negative I had was he absorbs punishment because he likes to run through tacklers instead of going around them."

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Jabril Cox, LSU, middle linebacker. hes got the size, speed and experience to be the leader of our defense for the next 12 years. we keep trying to convert players to MLB, time draft one that IS is MLB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Agreed, if Horn is there you almost have to take the gamble on being able to nab Williams in the 2nd. I could see us getting poached though based on it being a telegraphed selection.
Yep, that’s my concern on both positions. We have no flexibility to maneuver and everyone in the league is aware of what we need. Prime position to be jumped in both rounds.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose