Random draft gurus tidbits 2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh no, I know who you met. I just don’t understand how you come to that conclusion when DK has dominated in the NFL already and Pitts is not even yet an unproven rookie. And Pitts’ speed pales in comparison to DK’s.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

2021 NFL draft: Wake Forest's Carlos Basham Jr. fits the power-rush mold
(2020), North Carolina (2020), Wake Forest (2020)

The skinny: A 3-star Rivals recruit, Basham was a 215-pound rush end who joined the Demon Deacons and redshirted his first year in 2016. He made 24 tackles (two for losses), one fumble recovery, three passes defended and a safety in 13 games (one start) in 2017. As a full-time starter in 2018 (12 games), Basham made 64 tackles (11 for losses), 4.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries (one returned for a TD), one pass defended and one blocked kick. He was named first-team all-ACC in 2019, making 57 tackles (18 for losses), 11 sacks, three pass breakups and three forced fumbles. In 2020, Basham logged 28 tackles (5.5 for losses), five sacks, one pass defended and one forced fumble in seven games despite missing time to come back from COVID-19. He opted out of the team’s bowl game to begin his draft prep and attended the 2021 Senior Bowl.
https://sports.yahoo.com/2021-nfl-d...am-jr-fits-the-power-rush-mold-124145376.html

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you want you can just turn down the volume and watch the tape.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
:)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no, I know who you met. I just don’t understand how you come to that conclusion when DK has dominated in the NFL already and Pitts is not even yet an unproven rookie. And Pitts’ speed pales in comparison to DK’s.
Well , we don’t know of anybody who will make in the Nfl. I just think we need a big fast wr and not another slot guy.
Metcalf was much better in year 2 and I think he will continue to improve. The attraction to Pitts is he’s huge and unbelievably fast. Two of his strides covers about 18 ft. They question his ability to block but I would only want him to do that occasionally.
He would have to be used like Kelce or Kittle.
Ain’t never gonna happen anyway.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well , we don’t know of anybody who will make in the Nfl. I just think we need a big fast wr and not another slot guy.
Metcalf was much better in year 2 and I think he will continue to improve. The attraction to Pitts is he’s huge and unbelievably fast. Two of his strides covers about 18 ft. They question his ability to block but I would only want him to do that occasionally.
He would have to be used like Kelce or Kittle.
Ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
That’s kinda my point. I don’t know how anyone can say Pitts is going to be better than DK at this point.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s kinda my point. I don’t know how anyone can say Pitts is going to be better than DK at this point.
Can we say any draftee is going to be great? Teams draft of conjecture and analysis of what they see. The film is there. The talent is there. You can teach 6’6 , 240 and can run 4.4. That’s all we got to go on. Like I ssid it doesn’t matter cause it’s never gonna happen. And even if it did he would need to be used in the right way. Can’t say for sure that would happen here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can we say any draftee is going to be great? Teams draft of conjecture and analysis of what they see. The film is there. The talent is there. You can teach 6’6 , 240 and can run 4.4. That’s all we got to go on. Like I ssid it doesn’t matter cause it’s never gonna happen. And even if it did he would need to be used in the right way. Can’t say for sure that would happen here.
I think there’s a difference between saying someone is going to be great and saying someone is going to be better than a dude who’s already proven himself a stud. You’re moving the goalposts there. I guess what I want to know is why do you think he’ll be better than DK. He’s taller, but only by 1 5/8 inches, but that’s about it. DK is much much faster.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there’s a difference between saying someone is going to be great and saying someone is going to be better than a dude who’s already proven himself a stud. You’re moving the goalposts there. I guess what I want to know is why do you think he’ll be better than DK. He’s taller, but only by 1 5/8 inches, but that’s about it. DK is much much faster.
Maybe I’m just clamouring for a big fast receiver. But what do I know. I was whooping it up when we drafted Issabella! Lol!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ben Fennell

@BenFennell_NFL

·
1h

Gerrid Doaks - Cincinnati 5'11 228 4.57 39.5 VJ Physical, Bruising RB. Lacks Breakaway/Open Field Juice. Tough to Bring Down. Consistently Falls Forward. Averaged 5.0/Carry. Strong in Pass Pro. Short Yardage. Screen Game. 190lbs in HS (Track Background) NFL Comp: Isaiah Crowell

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose