Larry/Kyler Beef

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've heard 1 or 2 lines about it on local radio but they never talk about it in depth... is this real? does anyone have the details or heard anything about this?

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like local radio rumors. No one else has mentioned this.
yeah Bickley is the wreckless one in that regard. I cant remember who said it but I almost lost my ish on the 202 hearing that a while back.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
news to me. I heard local radio chatter about how Kyler doesnt listen to Larry or something but thats the most ive heard and it was on here/nowhere else.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've heard some allusions to Kyler not really taking advice from Larry about how to hold himself as a professional. Not sure about how true it is.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I heard this via some involved with the team long before it was brought up by radio guys. Was more matter of fact vs a beef. It seems a byproduct of the age difference and K1s personality. Lot has changed in the 16 years sense Fitz was drafted. Lot less respect among Kyler's age group in sports and just in general.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget thet Larry wasn't always class off field. Nothing I've seen ot heard about Kyler is on this level.

Likewise, from their relationship, Larry even had his first child, a son named Devine Fitzgerald. Sadly, their relationship turned sour, and Angela even accused the young star of battering her. Not to mention, Larry was then restraint from seeing her after multiple court hearings.

Many would have learned their lesson and never got in any relationship but not Larry. Still young and famous, the football star then got with Melissa Blakesley, with whom he is openly in a relationship.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
would it surprise me if Kyler didnt take 100% (or even most of) of Larry's advice? no

do i think its a big deal? no

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say Murray didn’t use Larry like previous QBs. Murray wanted more separation than Fitz typically provided, so he often wasn’t the target. Larry wanted the ball more and that could be frustrating. With Green on then team, Fitz’s targets would go down. If he’s convinced they can make it all the way he may come back, but my guess is he exits.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought more about this...

It's more likely than not true. That's the culture that Coach Bro allowed last year and it's why we are bringing in all these locker room guys.

I would imagine it was just getting two Alphas on the same page and Coach Bro wants the locker room to sort itself out.

And those Alphas don't have a lot of similar interests away from football. Kyler's a stay at home gamer type and Fitz is a world travelling man of the people type

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how fitz has one single blemish, only an accusation at that but people love to dig it up because its the only thing you can say negatively about the guy.

It's not negative about Larry. My point is he was young and dumb too and those accusations had a court imposed a restraining order and is miles ahead of wearing an As hat. This argument that Larry doesn't like what he sees from Kyler and how he carries himself makes no sense when looking at it that way.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it's why we are bringing in all these locker room guys.

setting Kyler aside

i think there is something to the lockeroom / team culture they wanted to change

even Shawn Williams of the Bengals is known as a high quality guy. Watt, AJ Green, Hudson the same.

i also think about the quote by Keim to Jim Trotter about what K1 can do to take the next step -- Keim said "realize its his team"

not that P2 or Fitz are bad influences, but they just let the two oldest tenured Cardinals walk.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Shame on anyone who takes Dan Bickley seriously. He’s an ass in more ways than one.

Have to admit that I like your post. Heard the same thing on the local radio station myself ( Not sure who said it though ). When something like that is brought up, they should have mentioned specifics rather than just throwing some sh*t against the wall so they would have something to talk about tomorrow.
Kyler Murray's reads, and who he throws the ball to is about the play that is called ( First read, Second read ect... )
The real question is; ( Talking heads on the radio set aside ) do Keim and Kingsbury think Fitzgerald is a good fit anymore?
I was extremely confused why Fitz became a WR3 and Kirk a WR2 unless Kingsbury thought Fitz didn't fit in his scheme. Now to bring in Green and say he's a WR2 and Kirk ( MIGHT ! ! ! ) move to a slot WR3 makes me think this has nothing to do with Kyler Murray.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
setting Kyler aside

i think there is something to the lockeroom / team culture they wanted to change

even Shawn Williams of the Bengals is known as a high quality guy. Watt, AJ Green, Hudson the same.

i also think about the quote by Keim to Jim Trotter about what K1 can do to take the next step -- Keim said "realize its his team"

not that P2 or Fitz are bad influences, but they just let the two oldest tenured Cardinals walk.
Sort of reminds me how the Panthers let go of Steve Smith so Cam could own the team

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like how fitz has one single blemish, only an accusation at that but people love to dig it up because its the only thing you can say negatively about the guy.

We all are not perfect. Maybe Larry truly learn from this incident and wanted to share his life lesson to Kyler

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's all being pushed by Bickley for what it is worth.

It was Gambo if I recall correctly. Bickley then echoed what Gambo had said. Doesn't change what you are saying at it's heart but I think it is right to acknowledge where it started.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was Gambo if I recall correctly. Bickley then echoed what Gambo had said. Doesn't change what you are saying at it's heart but I think it is right to acknowledge where it started.

Yes that true. I listen to both and Gambo has kind of dropped that line but Bickley is still pushing this out in his Larry Fitzgerald future takes

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
setting Kyler aside

Yeah I never heard that quote. Then any disagreement could be organizationally driven too.