Malcom Butler signed

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
P2 thinks he's done enough for us to retire #21.

Pfff.

If you notice, there was no "Goodbye Arizona" post from PP21.

He is a guy that I won't look back on fondly, like I did with Aeneas Williams and other Cardinals greats. It has always been about Patrick Peterson and Patrick Peterson only. His inflated ego and sense of self worth have trumped his level of play for awhile.

I wager that the Cardinals didn't even offer Peterson a contract based on Keim's answer during his FA press conference.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is a guy that I won't look back on fondly, like I did with Aeneas Williams and other Cardinals greats. It has always been about Patrick Peterson and Patrick Peterson only. His inflated ego and sense of self worth have trumped his level of play for awhile.

I wager that the Cardinals didn't even offer Peterson a contract based on Keim's answer during his FA press conference.

The only post I saw from our ex players came from Reddick who was probably the only guy who could have been a bit bitter with the organization, since he has been put out his natural position and very likely cost him some money

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I was rubbed wrong by that as well, but doesn’t surprise me at all for reasons stated.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was rubbed wrong by that as well, but doesn’t surprise me at all for reasons stated.

It's hilarious to watch people like Shannon Sharpe talk about Peterson like he is still an elite CB. Watching Peterson get abused on a number of occasions last year, just demonstrates how people like Sharpe don't actually watch the Cardinals at all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

There's an interview up on ArizonaSports where PP21 confirms they didn't offer him a deal.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's an interview up on ArizonaSports where PP21 confirms they didn't offer him a deal.

So it does preclude him from writing a post of goodbye to the fans and state?
Which is a nowdays tradition even for players who had just a short stint with the former team

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Cardinals were already talking to Butler I would guess. From what they said on the radio, the Cardinals were talking with Butler all along and were just waiting for his price tag to drop.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
P2 gotta be stung by not getting an offer. When you have an ego that size nothing hurts more than rejection.

Reaction score
It's hilarious to watch people like Shannon Sharpe talk about Peterson like he is still an elite CB. Watching Peterson get abused on a number of occasions last year, just demonstrates how people like Sharpe don't actually watch the Cardinals at all.
Could not agree with you more ...
Sharpe complained about the Watt signing, but did not take into consideration - According to ESPN Stats & Info, Watt commanded a double-team block on 30.1 percent of his snaps, the highest rate in the NFL last season. But now he is playing with Jones, who are they going to double team?
Sharpe complained about the Green signing, but did not take into consideration - That he has commanded more double teams than any receiver on the Bengals roster since he has been there! But now he is playing with D-Hop, who are they going to double team.
Both Watt and Green with have a new life and someone else to take pressure away from them!

Reaction score
Could not agree with you more ...
Sharpe complained about the Watt signing, but did not take into consideration - According to ESPN Stats & Info, Watt commanded a double-team block on 30.1 percent of his snaps, the highest rate in the NFL last season. But now he is playing with Jones, who are they going to double team?
Sharpe complained about the Green signing, but did not take into consideration - That he has commanded more double teams than any receiver on the Bengals roster since he has been there! But now he is playing with D-Hop, who are they going to double team.
Both Watt and Green with have a new life and someone else to take pressure away from them!
And as for Butler, the Titans had absolute no pass rush last season and Butler was on the best opponent's receiver most of the time. And with all that, he still out shined PP. The future is bright for these FA additions ... Mark my words!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And as for Butler, the Titans had absolute no pass rush last season and Butler was on the best opponent's receiver most of the time. And with all that, he still out shined PP. The future is bright for these FA additions ... Mark my words!
Good posts. I just hope they stay healthy. We have no depth behind them

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave