Fireworks....49ers moving on up in the draft

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This kind of hints to me that the Jets will take a QB at 2. You have to think the 49ers offered that deal to the Jets and they said no.
The Saleh connection makes me wonder if the Jets prefer Justin Fields and that allowed for the 49ers to move up to get Wilson.

Now I still think Wilson is going #2 instead, but it makes you think since they've loved him for a long time.

I think Fields with Shanahan will be a problem as well though.

Edit: Appears to be Lance I guess.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Saleh connection makes me wonder if the Jets prefer Justin Fields and that allowed for the 49ers to move up to get Wilson.

Now I still think Wilson is going #2 instead, but it makes you think since they've loved him for a long time.

I think Fields with Shanahan will be a problem as well though.
Trey Lance over Fields. Lance is way more developed and has just as much potential.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
terrible thought:

is this move 1 on a 2 move plan to get Deshaun Watson?

#3 allows the Texans to get their QBOF. now throw #3 + a player or two to get Watson?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like it. Takes them out of competition with us and probably only nets them the 3rd best QB in the draft. I'll take it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To clarify. Trey Lance was asked to do significantly more NFL things as a QB at North Dakota than Justin Fields was asked at Ohio St.
Makes sense as he has better feet in the pocket than Fields as well.

I still think if Fields ever processes info quickly could be really great. Big if though.