Late Round WR's

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Since we probably have no choice but to try and find a decent young WR in rounds 5-7 I thought I would start a thread.

I like Dax Milne at any point in the "Later Rounds".

He could be a really good slot guy.

https://www.dynastynerds.com/2021-rookie-profile-dax-milne-wide-receiver/

I also like Tamorrion Terry late. He is a freak athlete who had actual production at a legit program.

https://www.dynastynerds.com/2021-rookie-profile-tamorrion-terry-wide-receiver/

If you could get me these WR's, I would bet they beat out guys currently on our roster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Since we probably have no choice but to try and find a decent young WR in rounds 5-7 I thought I would start a thread.

I like Dax Milne at any point in the "Later Rounds".

He could be a really good slot guy.

https://www.dynastynerds.com/2021-rookie-profile-dax-milne-wide-receiver/

I also like Tamorrion Terry late. He is a freak athlete who had actual production at a legit program.

https://www.dynastynerds.com/2021-rookie-profile-tamorrion-terry-wide-receiver/

If you could get me these WR's, I would bet they beat out guys currently on our roster.
I like terry too late round.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Such a tough class to identify who are late round guys.

For me, players who could be available in round 5 or later that we would need to check out.

Jaelen Darden - North Texas
Shi Smith - South Carolina
Ihmir Smith-Marsette - Iowa
Brandon Smith - iowa
Josh Imatorbhebhe - EDIT Illinois (ugh one of those days)
Frank Darby - Arizona St.
Dazz Newsome - North Carolina

I agree on Terry as well.

Last edited:

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For me, players who could be available in round 5 or later that we would need to check out.

Brandon Smith - iowa
Josh Imatorbhebhe - Syracuse

Josh Imatorbhebhe was at ILL.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I know we are all upset that the isabella experiment didnt work out but why not try again with a smaller receiver and draft Rondale Moore?

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know we are all upset that the isabella experiment didnt work out but why not try again with a smaller receiver and draft Rondale Moore?

IMO because that would take pick #16...and Moore is not value at that point. He had one decent year and has been hurt.

If we are spending a 1st rounder on a WR, its gotta be Chase, Smith, Waddle, or Pitts

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Brandon Smith - iowa
Josh Imatorbhebhe - Syracuse

That’s a good list. I’ve seen some of them play. Frank Darby really intrigues me as a size/speed guy, but I think he’ll need time to develop.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Imatorbhebhe - ILL - Developmental Starting X Receiver. 4-5 rounder. Fit: Vertical Passing Offense.

Sage Surratt- Wake Forest - Developmental X receiver or Big Slot receiver. 4-5-rounder. Fit: West Coast/Spread Scheme.

Rico Bussey Jr. - Hawaii - 4 receiver and Special teams player - 5-6 rounder. Fit: Any Scheme.

Marquez Stevenson - Houston -Possible Featured Slot Receiver and Kick Returner. 6-7 rounder. Fit: Any Scheme.

Simi Feholo- Stanford- Rotational Player and Special team player. 6-7 rounder. Fit: Any Scheme.

Jonathan Adams Jr. - Arkansas St. - Developmental X Receiver. 6-7 rounder. Fix: Vertical Passing Oense.

Brandon Smith - Iowa- Developmental X Receiver. 7-FA rounder. Fit: Vertical Passing Offense.

The rounds that i posted are just my insight and can and will change.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I refuse to entertain any WRs in the draft let alone a late rounder until someone else is making the selection for the team.
I think it is like anything, the cracks you take the better. I will argue that of the many positions being drafted in this draft, taking a late round WR is one of the best in having a chance to work out.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is like Andy Isabella. He was not a bad player to pick in general, but he was a bad player to pick in round 2. Honestly WR classes are so deep anymore that you are probably well served to just grab one every year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is like Andy Isabella. He was not a bad player to pick in general, but he was a bad player to pick in round 2. Honestly WR classes are so deep anymore that you are probably well served to just grab one every year.
I liked AI but the thought should have been how are we going to replace Fitz eventual retirement.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
IMO because that would take pick #16...and Moore is not value at that point. He had one decent year and has been hurt.

If we are spending a 1st rounder on a WR, its gotta be Chase, Smith, Waddle, or Pitts
I’d add Toney but agree on Moore.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Doesn't bode well for Isabella

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were too many red flags to take him that high. Size. Level of competition. Scheme fit. Roster. Senior Bowl.
I get it. But I was picturing a pesky slot receiver like Scott Miller, amendola type thorn in the side. He’s made some plays and I’m not sure he was utilised.
I see Kirk in the slot with AI relieving him or our 4 th wr. That’s not what you’d expect from a second round pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I get it. But I was picturing a pesky slot receiver like Scott Miller, amendola type thorn in the side. He’s made some plays and I’m not sure he was utilised.
I see Kirk in the slot with AI relieving him or our 4 th wr. That’s not what you’d expect from a second round pick.
The drafting and a lack of a plan for Andy Isabella was a precursor for the drafting and lack of a plan for Isaiah Simmons.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Simmons is going to blossom. We’ll have to wait and see.
Troy Polamalu would not have been the HOF he is if Dick LeBeau had tried to put him in a box. He attributes a lot of his success with playing for a DC who was willing to let him play instinctively and free of a limitations. While I think very highly of Isaiah Simmons, I struggle to believe Vance is the type of DC who will give him the freedom he really needs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose