What’s left? RB and CB

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True.. But we know something is coming the question is how much. They need to make room just for rookies alone. Then they have no choice but to sign some veteran CBs at some point. The question is who and where are they adjusting to get the extra cap room.

I expect some kind of trade for a CB before the season. As much as I think Keim isn’t the answer, I don’t think he’s dumb enough to go into the season with just Alford’s old broken ass and Murphy. I’m do fear we reach for a CB in the draft because of how we’ve painted ourselves into a corner.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True.. But we know something is coming the question is how much. They need to make room just for rookies alone. Then they have no choice but to sign some veteran CBs at some point. The question is who and where are they adjusting to get the extra cap room.
THE OTHER SHOE!!!!

It’s like the long rumored Adrian Peterson acquisition . . . it finally happened. Granted it was when he was 118 years old. I’m sure the OTHER SHOE will drop any day for the Cardinals fans who have been waiting on it every season since 1989.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THE OTHER SHOE!!!!

It’s like the long rumored Adrian Peterson acquisition . . . it finally happened. Granted it was when he was 118 years old. I’m sure the OTHER SHOE will drop any day for the Cardinals fans who have been waiting on it every season since 1989.

nahhh this isn’t the same... They have to make cap room they have zero choice.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I expect some kind of trade for a CB before the season. As much as I think Keim isn’t the answer, I don’t think he’s dumb enough to go into the season with just Alford’s old broken ass and Murphy. I’m do fear we reach for a CB in the draft because of how we’ve painted ourselves into a corner.
The only hedge on this is that I think Keim will trade back as he will view a number of CBs as the same approx value.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only hedge on this is that I think Keim will trade back as he will view a number of CBs as the same approx value.

I don't know what u think but having just 2 picks in the top 150 trading back is what we should look for
We can still get a cb like Newsome Horn melinfowu Samuel jr
Do u think they are very far behind Surtain, Farley?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Caleb Farely just announced he had a micro-discectomy surgery. Will be ready for offseason work

given he missed two games in 2019 for a back injury -- this has to be a concern

kinda feel like this makes it far more likely he is sitting there at #16 rather than Horn

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't know what u think but having just 2 picks in the top 150 trading back is what we should look for
We can still get a cb like Newsome Horn melinfowu Samuel jr
Do u think they are very far behind Surtain, Farley?
I think Surtain and Farley have some advantages over the rest of the field but I don't believe the gap is huge. I think if Surtain were a little more explosive of an athlete he would be head and shoulders above the rest. With Farley, I think if he had more experience and no back injury or ACL injury, he would be viewed a little cleaner.

I think the rest all have some clear areas to work around, and the answer is trying to find the player who can and is willing to do so. The other area is fit and that is tough to project because it depends on Vance.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Caleb Farely just announced he had a micro-discectomy surgery. Will be ready for offseason work

kinda feel like this makes it far more likely he is sitting there at #16 rather than Horn
I am starting to believe that CBs may go later than expected in round 1 as a whole. It wouldn't shock me if none go in the top 10.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I am starting to believe that CBs may go later than expected in round 1 as a whole. It wouldn't shock me if none go in the top 10.

Surtain feels like a safe bet -- and is the best bet to go top 10

Alabama produces DBs that work in the NFL. 2020 film. Very high floor, even if the ceiling is lower than others

Horn might not be far behind him.

Farley drops -- injury + no 2020 film introduces a bunch of uncertainty into the equation

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have there been any rumblings about giving Richard Sherman a shot? He seems to check the Cardinal boxes for signings lately.. over 30.. coming off a bit of a down season.. It seemed like he would be a no-brainer with the Jets but I don't think he's signed anywhere yet. He also seems like he would be a good guy for younger CB's to learn from.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I really hope we have a decent offer to do this so we can get a CB and RB. But I hope we don't do so just to trade back for the sake of it.

This guy is giving me all of the red flags.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

great. more Keim draft picks further away from blue chippers at the top of the draft. sounds like a recipe for success to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

back surgeries for a young guy scares me. especially if it's been an ongoing thing which if he was having issues 2 years ago, you can be pretty sure it lingered forcing the eventual surgery.

sounds like a perfect solution.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
back surgeries for a young guy scares me. especially if it's been an ongoing thing which if he was having issues 2 years ago, you can be pretty sure it lingered forcing the eventual surgery.

sounds like a perfect solution.

I think he won't be in Keim draft board, having few picks he won't use the first for someone with some red flags
Probably will go for a slightly less talented cb (on paper) but a safer pick

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to think about Malcolm Butler, who is a free agent. In my opinion, by far the best option available in free agency.

He had a very solid last season with the Titans. He was released for salary cap-reasons, and I guess he did not want to re-sign. Why then have he not signed with a team yet? I don’t know. I guess there can be many reasons that we just don’t know about.

It’s not like Butler would be a star, but he would certainly be an above average reinforcement.

By the way, remember the Russell Wilson interception in the red zone of a Super Bowl in Arizona? It was Butler who made it.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is whats left for the CB's
CB:
Name------PFF Rating
M.Butler---- 74.5
R. Sherman--67.7
B. Breeland--62.8
c. Hayward--59.9

2 that were on IR and should be serviceable CB's
G. Conley
Q. Dunbar

TE:

R. Rodgers---88.6
J. James-----61.2

+

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is whats left for the CB's
CB:
Name------PFF Rating
M.Butler---- 74.5
R. Sherman--67.7
B. Breeland--62.8
c. Hayward--59.9

2 that were on IR and should be serviceable CB's
G. Conley
Q. Dunbar

TE:

R. Rodgers---88.6
J. James-----61.2
J Cook-------63.3
G. Everett---61.3

+

G.Everett signed with Seahawks

Cook signed with the Chargers

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Davis is gone. Signed for a whopping 2 year 5.5m with Atlanta.

Don't be sad he has a plan, we just don't trust him that's why we are worried but his face yesterday showed he is confident in his abilities to fix the roster

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to think about Malcolm Butler, who is a free agent. In my opinion, by far the best option available in free agency.

He had a very solid last season with the Titans. He was released for salary cap-reasons, and I guess he did not want to re-sign. Why then have he not signed with a team yet? I don’t know. I guess there can be many reasons that we just don’t know about.

It’s not like Butler would be a star, but he would certainly be an above average reinforcement.

By the way, remember the Russell Wilson interception in the red zone of a Super Bowl in Arizona? It was Butler who made it.
Butler's always been overrated since that play.

I mean, as of right now, someone who has started even a single game over the past two years is better than anything we have, but not anywhere near a solution. Butler's also old, for anyone who was complaining about Patrick Peterson.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leonard Fournette is still unsigned, is a big back who is a good blocker too, can be the guy for the tough yards and in the same time he can be a reliable receiver
Don't know his asking price but should be a good addition

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
great. more Keim draft picks further away from blue chippers at the top of the draft. sounds like a recipe for success to me.
It will likely be the correct move even if the guy making it is incompetent. Good process / bad execution is a thing with Keim. And to be honest, even if he stays at 16, he will likely muck that up as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Butler's always been overrated since that play.

I mean, as of right now, someone who has started even a single game over the past two years is better than anything we have, but not anywhere near a solution. Butler's also old, for anyone who was complaining about Patrick Peterson.
It wasn't Peterson's age. It was his level of play in relation to the cap dollars he was making.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard