DCU: Zach Snyder’s Justice League

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one's actually pretty simple and was explained in the movie itself.

The motherboxes stayed inert on Earth until Silas Stone somehow awakened the one he had with his experiments and using it on his son.

Someone needs to Terminator Joe Morton's Mom's ass. Every time he screws with technology in a movie he almost brings about the end of the world.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Someone needs to Terminator Joe Morton's Mom's ass. Every time he screws with technology in a movie he almost brings about the end of the world.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Holy CRAP! That didn't hit me until I read what you posted.

Talk about being typecast!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was like, “So Superman was effectively the deterrent for the Motherboxes waking...” but...

What about the 5,000 years before he arrived on Earth?

The Darkseid axe amnesia thing could be forgivable with the passage of time. We forget things within a generation. But it WAS SAME CAST OF CHARACTERS! It wasn’t like they had to pass down the knowledge to someone new! So did they just stumble across Earth and invade it without marking the coordinates? Then in retreat, Darkseid is like, hey Doug, did you leave a beacon or something? Trail of breadcrumbs?

And poor Doug is like, “oh crap!” before getting an Omega beam in the ass.

I don't buy it. I mean, I could eat a 100,000 Mexican food restaurants but I sure as hell would never forget my favorite. Tacos are not even my reason for existing. Maybe a close second.

P.S. I love how all the races placed their Mother boxes in a secure location. Humans? Pyramid with booby traps perhaps?

Nah. Let's bury it in the ground.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Who knew that getting an axe to the shoulder would make Darkseid forget the location of his entire reason for existing in the universe!? Plus the chafing it must have caused.

Also, congrats to Snyder for becoming to slow motion what JJ Abrams is to lens flares.

Weren’t the guys that axed Darkseid superhumans? Zeus plus the other two? Not sure if changes anything just asking...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy it. I mean, I could eat a 100,000 Mexican food restaurants but I sure as hell would never forget my favorite. Tacos are not even my reason for existing. Maybe a close second.

P.S. I love how all the races placed their Mother boxes in a secure location. Humans? Pyramid with booby traps perhaps?

Nah. Let's bury it in the ground.

i must have been very high watching this movie to have totally missed a plot hole this ridiculously big.

Are you guys saying that Darkseid left his mark on Earth eons ago as the anti-matter world... and then somehow just forgot where he put it?!

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
i must have been very high watching this movie to have totally missed a plot hole this ridiculously big.

Are you guys saying that Darkseid left his mark on Earth eons ago as the anti-matter world... and then somehow just forgot where he put it?!

Not "anti-matter," but the "Anti-Life Equation."

It's a thing he's been searching for, especially in the comics that is equivalent to Thanos and the Infinity Stones, except that Darkseid doesn't have any altruistic reasons like Thanos did. The ALE will simply allow Thanos to control anyone in the Universe.

As a matter of fact, that's how the "Knightmare" future happened: Lois died, which made it easier for Darkseid to use the ALE to control Clark (otherwise, he can resist it) and turn him bad.

Also, that ALE was carved on Earth by something else, Darkseid just happened to find it when he attempted to conquer Earth. It's discussed a bit here: https://screenrant.com/justice-league-snyder-cut-anti-life-equation-who/

It sort of makes sense that ALE would be on the only planet that had beings strong enough to oppose Darkseid, but it IS a massive plot hole that they somehow misplaced the coordinates of not only the planet with the ALE, but also apparently the only planet that has managed to thwart Darkseid.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Superman’s entrance into the final battle was kinda lame. “Not impressed” then blowing on Steppenwolf’s axe. IDK

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Snyder has now adapted
Watchmen
Man of Steel
BvS
Justice League

I’d say his grasp of DC material is better more times than not. May not be commercial, but it is a good adaptation. Let. The. Man. Work. Figure out the commercial aspect later!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Snyder has now adapted
Watchmen
Man of Steel
BvS
Justice League

I’d say his grasp of DC material is better more times than not. May not be commercial, but it is a good adaptation. Let. The. Man. Work. Figure out the commercial aspect later!

Not how Hollywood works.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ok, so I saw it last night... I suppose it's a better movie, but I still didn't think it was that great. I did like Ezra Miller's Flash and I guess Cyborg was more thought out but Ray Fisher just isn't that great of an actor.

4 hours is nuts for this movie -- I barely remembered the previous Whedon version, so it was hard for me to recognize what was new and what wasn't besides the Darkseid stuff. CGI villains are standard for these types of movies, but is there a reason that Steppenwolf is pretty much Darkseid with horns? I didn't get any kind of difference between the two other than Darkseid is supposed to be Thanos, who was much better realized in the MCU.

The same thing can be said about this thing as can be said about Justice League, BY FAR the best thing about the movie is anything having to do with Diana Prince and/or Wonder Woman. Aquaman was pretty cool too, but you have to reconcile that Justice League takes place BEFORE the Aquaman movie and right after the Wonder Woman one. Plus, did Amber Heard have an accent in Aquaman like she did here? I don't remember.

Plus the ending was shameful. Setup things that will likely never be expanded upon just so that Snyder could direct a scene with two characters? Pointless. And direct callbacks to BvS's worst sequence should not have even been a thing.

So all in all, better than the original I guess, but still no better than 2 out of 4 stars.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I saw it last night... I suppose it's a better movie, but I still didn't think it was that great. I did like Ezra Miller's Flash and I guess Cyborg was more thought out but Ray Fisher just isn't that great of an actor.

4 hours is nuts for this movie -- I barely remembered the previous Whedon version, so it was hard for me to recognize what was new and what wasn't besides the Darkseid stuff. CGI villains are standard for these types of movies, but is there a reason that Steppenwolf is pretty much Darkseid with horns? I didn't get any kind of difference between the two other than Darkseid is supposed to be Thanos, who was much better realized in the MCU.

The same thing can be said about this thing as can be said about Justice League, BY FAR the best thing about the movie is anything having to do with Diana Prince and/or Wonder Woman. Aquaman was pretty cool too, but you have to reconcile that Justice League takes place BEFORE the Aquaman movie and right after the Wonder Woman one. Plus, did Amber Heard have an accent in Aquaman like she did here? I don't remember.

Plus the ending was shameful. Setup things that will likely never be expanded upon just so that Snyder could direct a scene with two characters? Pointless. And direct callbacks to BvS's worst sequence should not have even been a thing.

So all in all, better than the original I guess, but still no better than 2 out of 4 stars.

Back to MCU! ;)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Honest Trailer more than the film.

Especially loved the line about Snyder cutting this in IMAX format despite knowing it was being released on a streaming service so the black bars on the side would make it darker throughout

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose