DCU: Zach Snyder’s Justice League

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a trooper and watched the whole thing in one sitting.

Unfortunately I don't get brownie points for doing such a task.

I liked the movie.

"What's your superpower?"
Bruce: I'm rich

Lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dug the first hour of Man Of Steel, didn’t like the second hour, straight up LOATHED Bats v. Supes, thought Justice League was as big of a ball of meh as is possible in film and mocked the idea of this movie being rereleased, but I’ve got to be honest... I’m stunned at how much I liked this. It is EPIC. I actually liked this Batfleck, Dianna is always great but the changes and restoration of the Cyborg and Flash storylines change the entire tone and tenor of the movie, Cyborg especially. Much better use of Lois Lane, and I don’t care if it was 4X3... it was absolutely gorgeous on screen.

That said, it’s not a movie. Nothing that is 4 hours long is. I had to watch it in two sittings. But for whatever the hell it was, I was supremely entertained.

Except for the much ballyhooed Joker scene. Just didn’t work me. The rest of the scene would have as a great cliffhanger.

also, the very last scene probably made Uber comic fans freak, but even though I’m aware of what was going on, I was just like... after ALL THAT, this is the end? Meh.

rest of the movie I was pretty locked in.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
THe reviews are all over the place. While most agree it is better than the Whedon version, I still can't get over the fact that Zach Snyder is doing this one, and he is straight up not a good director. I'm going to watch at some point over the next week, but I see nothing in Snyder's past work that would come close to the hype this overinflated redo can live up to.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I dug the first hour of Man Of Steel, didn’t like the second hour, straight up LOATHED Bats v. Supes, thought Justice League was as big of a ball of meh as is possible in film and mocked the idea of this movie being rereleased, but I’ve got to be honest... I’m stunned at how much I liked this. It is EPIC. I actually liked this Batfleck, Dianna is always great but the changes and restoration of the Cyborg and Flash storylines change the entire tone and tenor of the movie, Cyborg especially. Much better use of Lois Lane, and I don’t care if it was 4X3... it was absolutely gorgeous on screen.

That said, it’s not a movie. Nothing that is 4 hours long is. I had to watch it in two sittings. But for whatever the hell it was, I was supremely entertained.

Except for the much ballyhooed Joker scene. Just didn’t work me. The rest of the scene would have as a great cliffhanger.

also, the very last scene probably made Uber comic fans freak, but even though I’m aware of what was going on, I was just like... after ALL THAT, this is the end? Meh.

rest of the movie I was pretty locked in.

Some people said it was the same movie but I couldn’t disagree more. I can’t believe they ran the theatre version with so much left out. Snyder wasn’t the right guy from the beginning but you know he at least has a passion for the origin of it. He got screwed pretty bad even though, again, he wasn’t the right guy. I’ve said before they should’ve done Man of Steel’s then Wonder Woman but money talks. I’m not sure they weren’t doomed from the start.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I watched it in one sitting and enjoyed it. I am a sucker for a long movie though. I find myself preferring TV shows these days because I enjoy the long format of telling a story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THe reviews are all over the place. While most agree it is better than the Whedon version, I still can't get over the fact that Zach Snyder is doing this one, and he is straight up not a good director. I'm going to watch at some point over the next week, but I see nothing in Snyder's past work that would come close to the hype this overinflated redo can live up to.

I was stunned.

that said, as much as I’ve had major problems with a lot of his films, 300 and especially his Dawn Of The Dead remake were pretty awesome.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The intro of Flash was pretty cringe to me, but other than that and the epilogue I really enjoyed it. But I had seen JL already and thought it was ok. Not sure why Aquaman is in the JL unless they are doing stuff in the ocean. ;)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The intro of Flash was pretty cringe to me, but other than that and the epilogue I really enjoyed it. But I had seen JL already and thought it was ok. Not sure why Aquaman is in the JL unless they are doing stuff in the ocean. ;)

They could’ve left out some Barry Allen and Lois Lane stuff. The 15 second skip button was handy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Aquaman’s powers outside of the water were... perplexing.

and man that epilogue. Wow.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knew that getting an axe to the shoulder would make Darkseid forget the location of his entire reason for existing in the universe!? Plus the chafing it must have caused.

Also, congrats to Snyder for becoming to slow motion what JJ Abrams is to lens flares.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Spent four nights watching it. It’s better than the theatrical version but I wouldn’t say it’s good. It was entertaining at times, but overall I’d say it’s just okay. DC/WB can’t hold a candle compared to Marvel right now, in my opinion.

Darkseid not knowing where earth was didn’t make sense to me. Also, once Superman shows up, Wonder Woman and Aquaman can all of a sudden start beating up on Steppenwolf? Martian Manhunter as an ending? Meh.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who knew that getting an axe to the shoulder would make Darkseid forget the location of his entire reason for existing in the universe!? Plus the chafing it must have caused.

Also, congrats to Snyder for becoming to slow motion what JJ Abrams is to lens flares.
Right?!? I was like, “wtf did I miss?”

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Right?!? I was like, “wtf did I miss?”
I was like, “So Superman was effectively the deterrent for the Motherboxes waking...” but...

What about the 5,000 years before he arrived on Earth?

The Darkseid axe amnesia thing could be forgivable with the passage of time. We forget things within a generation. But it WAS SAME CAST OF CHARACTERS! It wasn’t like they had to pass down the knowledge to someone new! So did they just stumble across Earth and invade it without marking the coordinates? Then in retreat, Darkseid is like, hey Doug, did you leave a beacon or something? Trail of breadcrumbs?

And poor Doug is like, “oh crap!” before getting an Omega beam in the ass.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I was like, “So Superman was effectively the deterrent for the Motherboxes waking...” but...

What about the 5,000 years before he arrived on Earth?

This one's actually pretty simple and was explained in the movie itself.

The motherboxes stayed inert on Earth until Silas Stone somehow awakened the one he had with his experiments and using it on his son.

Once awake, they went "back to sleep" realizing that a Kryptonian was protecting the world they're in, and didn't "wake up" again until after the Kryptonian died.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This one's actually pretty simple and was explained in the movie itself.

The motherboxes stayed inert on Earth until Silas Stone somehow awakened the one he had with his experiments and using it on his son.

Once awake, they went "back to sleep" realizing that a Kryptonian was protecting the world they're in, and didn't "wake up" again until after the Kryptonian died.
Man, stupid kryptonians. If they hadn’t all stayed on their dying planet when they had the technology to escape the entire universe would’ve been safe from all those bad guys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose