Free Agency Rumors

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The actual move here is to sign Mitchell Schwartz and then target a C in the draft. They can't cut Pugh now which was contingent on the signing of Linsley. They can have Murray and Jones battle for the RG spot.

The previous plan looked like they would sign Linsley, move Jones to LG between Humphries and Linsley. Have Murray at RG and then draft Teven Jenkins to learn behind Gilbert (aka wait until Gilbert got injured). They would use the dollars saved by cutting Pugh to offset the new money given to Linsley and open up more cap room.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Surely u know more names then I do
What the additions u would like for the Cardinals
Linsley was the top player at a position of need. His contract wasn’t prohibitive.
Golloday or Fuller would be nice. Verrett signed for 5.5 mill. That’s nothing.
OL, CB, and Wr should be the Cards targets.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The actual move here is to sign Mitchell Schwartz and then target a C in the draft. They can't cut Pugh now which was contingent on the signing of Linsley. They can have Murray and Jones battle for the RG spot.

The previous plan looked like they would sign Linsley, move Jones to LG between Humphries and Linsley. Have Murray at RG and then draft Teven Jenkins to learn behind Gilbert (aka wait until Gilbert got injured). They would use the dollars saved by cutting Pugh to offset the new money given to Linsley and open up more cap room.

What plan Chopper? You have been saying for weeks that we’re gonna restructure Jones, get one of the big OL FA. Doesn’t look like any of that is happening.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
interesting end of day (NFL in general, rather than just the Cards):

Reddick still out there.

all WRs still out there.

Trent Williams still out there. that would be bad for SF if he left.

not a hint on P2 action

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Schwartz is probably the only other linemen outside of Kyle Long to be worth a large contract. Outside of that, we are likely looking at scraps deals which is not super fun as a fan.

Ultimately the Linsley deal hurts because it was a huge need and a one of the best in the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What plan Chopper? You have been saying for weeks that we’re gonna restructure Jones, get one of the big OL FA. Doesn’t look like any of that is happening.
You aren't wrong in that Keim didn't get Linsley. I still believe the Chandler Jones extension is coming. But as you say...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You might be right Cheese...

our big moves may be done with Watt.

Mike Davis RB
Breshad Perriman WR
Matt Prater K
Some average CBs
Keep Markus Golden

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Odd man out. I don’t think most of us would even notice one of them missing
It is still a hit. Our draft classes have been so bad that any more players failing out is just salt on the wound. Being devoid of young talent is not a fun place to be.

I want to be on the record that having money and Peterson hanging out there is scary as hell.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To what exactly?
For me it would be Schwartz or Kyle Long.

What is interesting and frustrating is that I was messaging jess root on twitter regarding a comment he made about Kugler not liking to start rookies and it seems like a legit report. That would mean expecting a draft pick to be taken and make an immediate impact is less than likely.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wouldnt be the route I would take if my job was on the line.

lol... same.

but maybe his job isn't on the line. I mean, it's been five years since we even sniffed the playoffs. what's another five to throw on the fire?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You might be right Cheese...

our big moves may be done with Watt.

Mike Davis RB
Breshad Perriman WR
Matt Prater K
Some average CBs
Keep Markus Golden
Lol you’re still more optimistic than me anticipating us signing Mike Davis and breshard perriman. I’ll be surprised if we even land those leftovers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

What is interesting and frustrating is that I was messaging jess root on twitter regarding a comment he made about Kugler not liking to start rookies and it seems like a legit report. That would mean expecting a draft pick to be taken and make an immediate impact is less than likely.
Yeah in other words, no real cavalry on the horizon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wait... Schwartz will be 32 years old before the season starts and just had back surgery last month? Seems like a perfect fit for this team. Book that signing happening.

or Kyle Long who's also 32 years old, missed 30 of his last 64 games before retiring last season because his body was so banged up? Man... he seems even more tempting!

These aren't criticisms of YOU Chopper. I know you're looking at the best possible outcome at this point and with all the actually talented OL gonzo, this is the slop left over. If this is what Keim is thinking, this team can go ahead and F the hell off as far as I'm concerned.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen