Suns @ Timberwolves Sunday game thread 2-28-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton (9-11) with 22 points and 10 rebounds in 26 minutes.

Booker (15-26) with 43 points and 5 assists in 34 minutes.

Paul (5-8) had 11 points and 15 assists.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is how balance was visualized at the beginning of the season:

Booker primary scorer
Ayton second option, defensive anchor and rebounder
CP3 QBing the whole thing
Role players doing enough to keep teams honest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Devin Booker's comment "getting happy on the farm." I guess he got this from Monty.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He banged in 8 and 6 in the first, homie.
Question: we all saw a blatantly good pass go to Ayton in the lane that clanged off his hands. Yet he has zero turnovers in the box score. Are you ready to admit that you were wrong in that argument?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again, Ayton's minutes were limited by fouls. He played good defense tonight.
Yes that’s true. But let’s not forget that foul trouble is within a player’s control. The idea is to play good defense without fouling.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that’s true. But let’s not forget that foul trouble is within a player’s control. The idea is to play good defense without fouling.

Ayton isn't going to get the calls against KAT though.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Ayton and the rest of the Suns defended Towns well, but, to be honest, this is how Towns usually looks to me. Even at whatever their average levels are, I don't see Towns as any more of a difference-maker than Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all the grief Ayton gets, a fair amount of it deserved, I would not trade him for Towns. That guy just doesn't impact games. He gets his points, he is a versatile scorer, but he doesn't even seem to be there other than when the ball is in his hands.

He and Russell are going to be a match made in the lotto for years to come.

Hope the idea that Booker will force his way there (or that we should trade for Towns and Russell) is dead and buried.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude one of the most complete games I’ve ever seen Ayton play against one of the best offensive bigs in the game and dudes are still complaining.

uh well a pass clanged off his hands.

If your looking you’ll always find something

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude one of the most complete games I’ve ever seen Ayton play against one of the best offensive bigs in the game and dudes are still complaining.

Uh, if you’re talking about me (to my knowledge I’m the only one who used the word “clang”) you’re mistaken. I wasn’t complaining. I was using the incident to prove a point about how turnovers are scored in relation to a debate the board was having earlier today. But I guess if you’re looking for someone to attack you’ll always find someone.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

The guy was a ghost for 2 quarters! I'll concede that defensively he did well against KAT, but Book shouldn't have to score 41 just to make sure we pull this game out. And yes, he HAD to score his 41 or we wouldn't have won this game.

We need something offensively from Ayton outside of 2 minutes in the first and the 4th quarter.

TJ

Reaction score
The guy was a ghost for 2 quarters! I'll concede that defensively he did well against KAT, but Book shouldn't have to score 41 just to make sure we pull this game out. And yes, he HAD to score his 41 or we wouldn't have won this game.

We need something offensively from Ayton outside of 2 minutes in the first and the 4th quarter.

In 25 minutes, Ayton scored 22 points on 11 FGAs. That’s excellent efficiency for anyone. If Book had that game, people would be singing his praises.

Bagging Ayton for Booker scoring 43 is...well...interesting.

TJ

Reaction score
This thread is outstanding. Booker becomes a bucket-getter all night. Ayton plays one the most well-rounded games of his season, including outplaying KAT in less minutes. CP3 gets 15 assists. But, once again, a majority of the posts are about what Ayton didn’t do, even going as far as to say that Ayton is the reason Booker had to score 43.

Y’all need to diversify your bonds.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is outstanding. Booker becomes a bucket-getter all night. Ayton plays one the most well-rounded games of his season, including outplaying KAT in less minutes. CP3 gets 15 assists. But, once again, a majority of the posts are about what Ayton didn’t do, even going as far as to say that Ayton is the reason Booker had to score 43.

there is one person taking Ayton to task for the most part. But that’s all you see even though the overwhelming majority of people praised Ayton, especially in the fourth quarter when he stepped his game up on O to close it out.

TJ

Reaction score
Ayton and the rest of the Suns defended Towns well, but, to be honest, this is how Towns usually looks to me. Even at whatever their average levels are, I don't see Towns as any more of a difference-maker than Ayton.

KAT would thrive in a Chris Bosh-type role on LeBron’s Miami Heat teams. Third wheel, who doesn’t really have to play defense, but can get timely field goals and be sneaky from outside and sometimes, pour it on when others are struggling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

“A majority of posts are about what Ayton didn’t do . . . “. TJ, your Ayton-persecution complex is skewing your perception. As far as I can tell chap is the only person down on Ayton tonight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose