The Market 2021

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not watching CNBC. Has the blame game began yet? :rolleyes:

Also, the rocket ride according to my charts looks like gme will at LEAST retest the highs(or in the 300-400) range. IMO. Crazy. The momentum indicators are exploding to the upside.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not watching CNBC. Has the blame game began yet? :rolleyes:

Also, the rocket ride according to my charts looks like gme will at LEAST retest the highs(or in the 300-400) range. IMO. Crazy. The momentum indicators are exploding to the upside.

if I close at $400 or above, I will commission GME paintings, primarily wear gamestop shirts and probably get a GME tattoo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if I close at $400 or above, I will commission GME paintings, primarily wear gamestop shirts and probably get a GME tattoo
Well, a breakdown candle on the weekly chart looks to be right around the 300 area. Just for an initial area of potential resistance...but with moves that gme is showing right now I would be surprised with momentum overshooting that takes you well above before retreating once again.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Well, a breakdown candle on the weekly chart looks to be right around the 300 area. Just for an initial area of potential resistance...but with moves that gme is showing right now I would be surprised with momentum overshooting that takes you well above before retreating once again.

I'd love to see that to happen.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most major movie theater chains at about $20 a share last I saw while AMC still way down. I'm in to $20 minimum, have been for a while.

Why are you comparing the share price of AMC to other movie theaters chains? I don't want to sound like a jerk but it likely isn't a sound comparison considering how many outstanding shares each company may have and other fundamental valuation factors.

You could have identical companies with identical valuations, but one company could have double the outstanding shares and therefore have a share price that was half of the other. Both companies would still have the same value.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Speaking of spam. Lol. Just for anyone interested in technicals. He's a good follow.

https://northmantrader.com/2021/02/25/vix-check-2/

Sorry. I'm a fundamental guy.

Just added to my Altria $MO position. It's still trading below what I calculated to be its intrinsic value using my discounted cash flow model. I like the dividend, stability and growth potential with its 45% stake in Cronos.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you comparing the share price of AMC to other movie theaters chains? I don't want to sound like a jerk but it likely isn't a sound comparison considering how many outstanding shares each company may have and other fundamental valuation factors.

You could have identical companies with identical valuations, but one company could have double the outstanding shares and therefore have a share price that was half of the other. Both companies would still have the same value.

I'm an idiot and I have only been trading for a year. I am definitely not advising and not someone to follow for advice. Just something I was going off of.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm an idiot and I have only been trading for a year. I am definitely not advising and not someone to follow for advice. Just something I was going off of.

Naw. It's cool. I learn so much every day. I like this guy a lot. He will break down and explain a lot of fundamental analysis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I haven't watched this video yet, but it should be good from the many other breakdowns of his I have watched

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm a fundamental guy.

Just added to my Altria $MO position. It's still trading below what I calculated to be its intrinsic value using my discounted cash flow model. I like the dividend, stability and growth potential with its 45% stake in Cronos.
Very cool. I got started in fundamentals learning from morningstar and good ole buffett dcf models. Just was never really my flow. Then I found technicals and it's been a passion every since. But that's the great thing about both imo...they can both be great tools for your investing arsenal.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's how you learn. It's no biggie. Every trader and investor will have a different take on the market and the way they invest their money accordingly. More you share and put yourself in the fire of it all, the more you learn. I love hearing everyone's opinions.. even the newest of newbs can offer up nuggets at times.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I’m thinking Robinhood needs to rein in how it gives out margin. Reading a ton of stories from kids saying they bought a ton of CCIV in the 50s on margin and RH liquidated their accounts yesterday to cover. I remember seeing similar things when the last GME circus happened. It really seems like their margin policy is too lax. Especially when you factor in that they’re claiming to cater to first time investors. It’s another sign that RH is robbing the poor to give to the rich.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking Robinhood needs to rein in how it gives out margin. Reading a ton of stories from kids saying they bought a ton of CCIV in the 50s on margin and RH liquidated their accounts yesterday to cover. I remember seeing similar things when the last GME circus happened. It really seems like their margin policy is too lax. Especially when you factor in that they’re claiming to cater to first time investors. It’s another sign that RH is robbing the poor to give to the rich.
I'm amazed anyone is on that app at this point.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw. It's cool. I learn so much every day. I like this guy a lot. He will break down and explain a lot of fundamental analysis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I haven't watched this video yet, but it should be good from the many other breakdowns of his I have watched
I set this to "watch later" if I can figure out where "watch later" goes when you click on it lol

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm amazed anyone is on that app at this point.

Me too. I never used it and the few guys that did switched off after the GME stops. I'm seeing the comments though on other forums.

I set this to "watch later" if I can figure out where "watch later" goes when you click on it lol

It's in the side bar.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm out if GME goes below 100. Stop order is in. I'ma hate it if I could have gotten out at 180 and sell at 100. I'll hate it even more if it moons after. I know this thing should bounce well above 200 but I'm not willing to go more than 25% in the red to get there.

Id love to hurry up and start hitting the top though to just put this to bed. I was not highly productive today at my real job. I'ma go hard at it after the markets close.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm out if GME goes below 100. Stop order is in. I'ma hate it if I could have gotten out at 180 and sell at 100. I'll hate it even more if it moons after. I know this thing should bounce well above 200 but I'm not willing to go more than 25% in the red to get there.

Id love to hurry up and start hitting the top though to just put this to bed. I was not highly productive today at my real job. I'ma go hard at it after the markets close.

If you're willing to sell later $100, why not sell now for $133?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Welcome to the real world of trading! Haha. ;)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to sell later $100, why not sell now for $133?

I still see excessive potential. I'd rather take a small loss and be out than take a small gain and watch it explode. It's a gamble, not an investment.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still see excessive potential. I'd rather take a small loss and be out than take a small gain and watch it explode. It's a gamble, not an investment.
Good luck man.. that daily momentum still looks very good to me. But, always gotta go with your gut in trading and not look back.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck man.. that daily momentum still looks very good to me. But, always gotta go with your gut in trading and not look back.

I'm still in lol and its up in after hours. We'll see. I have a threshold for pain in this scenario and have stops in to protect that threshold. There are a lot of people riding on this. I hope it pops for all of them. I would have raised my stop, in fact I did a few times, but as I saw what was happening, I dropped it back to my pain point. I expected it to swing wildly today after they halted the last 15 minutes yesterday when the rocket took off. Today was about bringing numbers down to try to get people to fold. I doubt it worked. This isnt the first rodeo and the last one was primarily stopped by robinhood.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

"Good luck man.. that daily momentum still looks very good to me. But, always gotta go with your gut in trading and not look back." - Warren Buffett

Haha