Hornets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 2-24-2021

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It happens to good teams

no that’s exactly what doesn’t happen to good teams. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat.

how are you a top defensive team and yet you give up almost 100 to the Hornets in 3 quarters. It’s because they look at the schedule are they we don’t have to play hard tonight.

that’s on Monty

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
do you really think the four point play should have been though? I think it kind of balanced out.
I think so due to Hayward being in his space. And I’m not one to typically blame refs for losses.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
no that’s exactly what doesn’t happen to good teams. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat.

how are you a top defensive team and yet you give up almost 100 to the Hornets in 3 quarters. It’s because they look at the schedule are they we don’t have to play hard tonight.

that’s on Monty
You’re wrong there’s always shocking upsets of good teams littered throughout a season.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Looks like it's the same finish. Ayton ends up guarding Lamelo for some reason and then it's over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty was upset with the defense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We know Booker was fouled on the final shot by looking at the replay. I'm glad others know it as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

that’s on Monty
Lakers lost to underperforming heat and pistons this year. Clips lost to hawks and kings. Sixers lost to hawks, pistons, and mediocre griz. Nets lost to pistons (wow pistons have quite a few wins against good teams), wizards, OKC, and griz. Bucks lost to OKC, hornets, pels.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, there were some calls that could have gone either way but a referee cannot swallow the whistle on an obvious call that could impact the game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Last summer, you asked me if Ayton was screwing my girlfriend. I can only laugh and wonder if that was projection and it was someone else he’s been screwing the way you slavishly come to his defense and place blame everywhere but where it’s deserved.

When you appear to be actively root for the guy to fail, you're gonna get called out. And I'm not sorry for it.

I feel like 95% of the criticism on Ayton is either embellished or complete bull. I can say with confidence that I know Ayton's game more than almost everyone on this board having watched almost every single game he's played in from college until now (and even some at Hillcrest). So when it seems like I'm "slavishly coming to his defense," I'm balancing the conversation. No one's talking about Booker's careless handling of the basketball, or how Bridges isn't a reliable perimeter defender anymore. Why? Because everyone perseverates over Ayton. I know his strenghs. I know his deficiencies. It's nearly impossible to make a comment on a positive play of his without the masses going, "YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT [insignificant detal]?!?" It's lowered the level of discourse on this board and primarily why I've largely avoided the Suns portion.

I digress. I have no one to blame but myself for jumping back into this tretcherous swamp.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When you appear to be actively root for the guy to fail, you're gonna get called out. And I'm not sorry for it.

I feel like 95% of the criticism on Ayton is either embellished or complete bull. I can say with confidence that I know Ayton's game more than almost everyone on this board having watched almost every single game he's played in from college until now (and even some at Hillcrest). So when it seems like I'm "slavishly coming to his defense," I'm balancing the conversation. No one's talking about Booker's careless handling of the basketball, or how Bridges isn't a reliable perimeter defender anymore. Why? Because everyone perseverates over Ayton. I know his strenghs. I know his deficiencies. It's nearly impossible to make a comment on a positive play of his without the masses going, "YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT [insignificant detal]?!?" It's lowered the level of discourse on this board and primarily why I've largely avoided the Suns portion of this message board.

I digress. I have no one to blame but myself for jumping back into this tretcherous swamp.
Wow really? People disagree with you about Ayton, who you are obviously a UofA homer for, and you take your ball and go home? And of course sending a parting shot to the board as you go.

All of us want him to succeed but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it’s probably a duck. Ayton has the potential, but until he realizes it he’s going to get criticized.

TJ

Reaction score
Wow really? People disagree with you about Ayton, who you are obviously a UofA homer for, and you take your ball and go home? And of course sending a parting shot to the board as you go.

All of us want him to succeed but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it’s probably a duck. Ayton has the potential, but until he realizes it he’s going to get criticized.
I’m not an Ayton homer, but thanks for making my point for me about the level of discourse.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m not an Ayton homer, but thanks for making my point for me about the level of discourse.
Why don’t you get off that high horse and actually discuss things instead of whine when people disagree with you.

And you are a UofA homer. At least own it. I am myself but I’m fed up with Ayton.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
[QUOTE="TJ, post: 4435262, member: 2044"]I’m not an Ayton homer, but thanks for making my point for me about the level of discourse.[/QUOTE]

Lol I don't mean to take shots at you man, but this was funny.

TJ

Reaction score
Why don’t you get off that high horse and actually discuss things instead of whine when people disagree with you.

And you are a UofA homer. At least own it. I am myself but I’m fed up with Ayton.

Telling me to “get off my high horse” while calling me a homer. Sweet

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I feel like 95% of the criticism on Ayton is either embellished or complete bull. I can say with confidence that I know Ayton's game more than almost everyone on this board having watched almost every single game he's played in from college until now (and even some at Hillcrest). So when it seems like I'm "slavishly coming to his defense," I'm balancing the conversation. No one's talking about Booker's careless handling of the basketball, or how Bridges isn't a reliable perimeter defender anymore. Why? Because everyone perseverates over Ayton. I know his strenghs. I know his deficiencies. It's nearly impossible to make a comment on a positive play of his without the masses going, "YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT [insignificant detal]?!?" It's lowered the level of discourse on this board and primarily why I've largely avoided the Suns portion.

Lol. Your devotion to Ayton is a marvel. “Treacherous swamp” :rolleyes:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Telling me to “get off my high horse” while calling me a homer. Sweet
Good retort. A discussion is an exchange of ideas. Not an exchange of your ideas and the other person saying, “yep, you’re right!”

Why join a message board if you are so against discussions, and that includes people calling you out when they disagree?

TJ

Reaction score
Good retort. A discussion is an exchange of ideas. Not an exchange of your ideas and the other person saying, “yep, you’re right!”

Why join a message board if you are so against discussions, and that includes people calling you out when they disagree?
I was discussing. Someone hit me with a personal attack, and then another, and then another. That’s not “discussion.”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson