Super Bowl LV Chiefs vs Buccaneers gameday thread 2-7-21

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That DPI call that involved Evans was hilariously bad
No it is a typical call, that you get with a tall fast WR with a big catchradius ... this was a bad play by the D.

If the ball is in the air and you drip, you don't grab the WR... expect you think it's a TD ...

And since all Refs know that, this is exatly what they are calling, the CB thought it's a TD so he made the PI ... Isn't rocket science. Only if the ball is way overthrown they don't call it, but that wasn't the case, the ball hit the floor 6 yards away where Evans got down, so basically could have catched it. Probably not, but since there was a foul ... you get the point. Even Romo said it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tampa defense played a really good first half. Bowles has them coached up. Now, it will be up to the Chiefs to make the adjustments.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Rooting (slightly) for Tampa Bay... even though Brady annoys the crap out of me. That being said...

There is no doubt in my mind that the NFL "nudges" these big games in the direction they want them to go. Building the Brady legend before he finishes up, and the fact that the Brett Reid incident put a big black eye on the Chiefs potentially winning... it does not surprise me at all that the refs are pushing the game in TB direction.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
No it is a typical call, that you get with a tall fast WR with a big catchradius ... this was a bad play by the D.

If the ball is in the air and you drip, you don't grab the WR... expect you think it's a TD ...

And since all Refs know that, this is exatly what they are calling, the CB thought it's a TD so he made the PI ... Isn't rocket science. Only if the ball is way overthrown they don't call it, but that wasn't the case, the ball hit the floor 6 yards away where Evans got down, so basically could have catched it. Probably not, but since there was a foul ... you get the point. Even Romo said it.
Their feet got tangled briefly and he fell...should’ve been a no call. It was incidental contact.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KC can still win the game. They can score quickly. Just depends on if the Tampa Bay defense stays disciplined and keeps the pressure on.