Rams trade Goff, 2 1sts for Stafford

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Seems way too much for a QB that only has a few years left if that. Looks like Rams feel they would rather sacrifice their future thinking they are only a QB away from getting to the Super Bowl. Surely a win-no1st ra w move. I am shocked, never dreamed he would bring that much. Maybe I could see it for Texans' QB. Makes you wonder how much he will bring if Stafford is worth this much.

I was wondering if he would even fetch a 1st round pick. Boy, was I off base on this one. Colts must have been way out bid.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
at least 1 of the 1st round picks is comp for taking the Goff contract

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Seems way too much for a QB that only has a few years left if that. Looks like Rams feel they would rather sacrifice their future thinking they are only a QB away from getting to the Super Bowl. Surely a win-no1st ra w move. I am shocked, never dreamed he would bring that much. Maybe I could see it for Texans' QB. Makes you wonder how much he will bring if Stafford is worth this much.

I was wondering if he would even fetch a 1st round pick. Boy, was I off base on this one. Colts must have been way out bid.
One of those firsts is to eat goffs contract. These are picks in the 20s. It’s the correct price if he gets you to an NFC championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of those firsts is to eat goffs contract. These are picks in the 20s. It’s the correct price if he gets you to an NFC championship.

Disagree that’s only the correct price if you get them to a Super Bowl victory

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a horrible decision by the Rams. Stafford is better than Goff, but not by very much. He is older and more injury prone. They have no 1st round picks in the near future.

people have continually said the Rams are screeds now every time they trade away more first round picks.

every year they kick the crap out of us, have a winning record and only missed the playoffs once in the last five years.

they’re fine and set up for a title run or two. That’s the point of the game.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah this is an awful trade for the Rams. To put it in perspective the Cardinals traded a sixth round pick for Carson Palmer in 2013 at the same age Stafford is now.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yeah this is an awful trade for the Rams. To put it in perspective the Cardinals traded a sixth round pick for Carson Palmer in 2013 at the same age Stafford is now.
The cardinals didn’t owe a middling QB a crap ton of money that they no longer have to worry about. This is nothing but a win for the Rams.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agreed. While Stanford isn’t the turnover machine that Goff is, he’s not a top tier QB. He is close however, so this should improve LA in the short term. However, what happens if Stafford struggles or his production begins to drop in the next year or two? LA has already been to a SB with McVay...with this deal they’re gambling that they’re going to win one (or more) and I just don’t see it.