Brian schottenheimer

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seattles offense is horrible it’s pretty much get Russ run around and pull a rabbit out of your hat to save us.

since Schottenheimer got there 3 years ago they ranked 6th, 8th and 9th in scoring offense.

previous two years to him getting there they ranked 11th and 18th. He made some kind of difference with Russ who had career years the last three years blowing away what he ever did before that.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
since Schottenheimer got there 3 years ago they ranked 6th, 8th and 9th in scoring offense.

previous two years to him getting there they ranked 11th and 18th. He made some kind of difference with Russ who had career years the last three years blowing away what he ever did before that.

Yes, the Seattle issues were more on the GM and bad drafts, they couldn't fix the offensive line

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He would be a good fit and it would be good for him. Brian has the resume to go to a place where he doesn't call the plays.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

yeah he was so good they fired him

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Sorry buy you can’t keep Kingsbury and expect him to allow someone else to dictate the offense. Surely Kingsbury realizes this is a contract year. I don't see him as the type who would give up power to save his spot. He might bring in a previous assistant of his but considering the Cards fired his buddy I don't see that happening.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sorry buy you can’t keep Kingsbury and expect him to allow someone else to dictate the offense. Surely Kingsbury realizes this is a contract year. I don't see him as the type who would give up power to save his spot. He might bring in a previous assistant of his but considering the Cards fired his buddy I don't see that happening.
It would be a passing game coordinator and assistant head coach. Similar role to what Clements had. W

here it could work is Brian's work with Russell, his tenure in the league and the perception of him as well. He has had a consistent stigma as an "establish the run guy" in a league where passing is valuable. In Seattle he started to move away from that with Russ but Pete wants to run the ball. In Arizona he would be able to showcase his ability to work with another young QB, be part of a statistically good offense, and continue to establish his name in the league.

For Kliff it works because he gets a guy with experience as a young offensive coach in the league. It helps him establish more contacts as Brian will well known. It also allows him to start building a brand as a HC who offensive coaches want to go and work with.

Like Caldwell, hiring Brian would be a mutually beneficial business relationship.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yeah he was so good they fired him

Obviously, that doesn't concern our FO.
Kingsbury was so good that he got fired from TT and yet we still hired him to run an NFL team no less.
Going back another year, Mike McCoy was so good he got fired halfway thru the season in Denver but we still hired him the next year

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
It would be a passing game coordinator and assistant head coach. Similar role to what Clements had. W

here it could work is Brian's work with Russell, his tenure in the league and the perception of him as well. He has had a consistent stigma as an "establish the run guy" in a league where passing is valuable. In Seattle he started to move away from that with Russ but Pete wants to run the ball. In Arizona he would be able to showcase his ability to work with another young QB, be part of a statistically good offense, and continue to establish his name in the league.

For Kliff it works because he gets a guy with experience as a young offensive coach in the league. It helps him establish more contacts as Brian will well known. It also allows him to start building a brand as a HC who offensive coaches want to go and work with.

Like Caldwell, hiring Brian would be a mutually beneficial business relationship.

and: 3 years of game planning against NFC opponents.

what i liked about Schottenheimer. For his rookie season, he recognized what DK Metcalf did well: go routes, deep posts, comebacks -- and asked him to do those things.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and: 3 years of game planning against NFC opponents.

what i liked about Schottenheimer. For his rookie season, he recognized what DK Metcalf did well: go routes, deep posts, comebacks -- and asked him to do those things.

I agree with you. Not sure the feasibility of he an Kliff fitting together but his experience with Wilson and the NFCW defenses has to help.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you want to bring in somebody else to call the plays you'd have to fire Kliff. That's just the boat we are in right now.
He wouldn’t be calling plays.
He’s a guy who knows the nfl game inside and out, which is what many of us have said over and over Kliff needs a guy like that in his ear. During game planning & in game management. Let him come here and “fix” his reputation, as he was obviously the scapegoat in Seattle

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wouldn’t be calling plays.
He’s a guy who knows the nfl game inside and out, which is what many of us have said over and over Kliff needs a guy like that in his ear. During game planning & in game management. Let him come here and “fix” his reputation, as he was obviously the scapegoat in Seattle

The OP said get him here ASAP as our OC. I was responding to that because that isn't happening (even if it should).

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The OP said get him here ASAP as our OC. I was responding to that because that isn't happening (even if it should).
just because he's the OC doesn't mean he's calling plays though.

I have some level of faith in Keim still, I think he knows Kliff needs help

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Some coach designation (WR coach, passing game coordinator, something like that) with assistant HC title too. Only way I could see it working.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do not want. As a UGA fan Schotty made a college offense with Nick Chubb and Sony Michel look terrible. 17 ppg in the final 7 games of the season. Got our headcoach fired and our DC literally got into a fist fight with Schotty over how bad he was.

This year with the Seahawks they started off hot and then were figured out and shut down. This is the same thing that happened to the Cardinals this year except the Seahawks have better personnel and their offense was shut down even harder than ours. Run up the gut x2 and deep shot is their entire offense. If you can cover the deep shot its over. Schotty is mediocre at best. A true product of nepotism.

People here are blaming the Seahawks GM for their problems when statistically their GM is by far the best in the league.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Caldwell will be a better choice for QB coach