Cardinals part ways with WR coach David Raih and Tom Clements retires.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Qb throws for ~4000, if we make it more simple, will kyler throw for ~5000?

That's a pretty weak take. Twelve NFL QBs actually threw for MORE than 4000 yards, including Justin Herbert and David Carr.

It would be nice if our Franchise QB could throw for as many yards as a rookie that many people laughed at in the draft process or a noodle-armed checkdown artist.

But I guess your mileage will vary. :shrug:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Did Dave or Tom call all of those WR screens? Not sure this solves much.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's a pretty weak take. Twelve NFL QBs actually threw for MORE than 4000 yards, including Justin Herbert and David Carr.

It would be nice if our Franchise QB could throw for as many yards as a rookie that many people laughed at in the draft process or a noodle-armed checkdown artist.

Chargers have Allen, Williams, Guyton all better than Cards wr besides Hop

Eckler is better than Drake and their o line is very solid.

Watch the games instead of the stats.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Well, I mean, Herbert only played in 15 games and still outpassed Kyler by like 400 yards. He also threw two fewer picks.

Very silly take.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

How many of those QB's also had 800 yards rushing and at least 10 TD's?

Completely different styles of QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Qb throws for ~4000, if we make it more simple, will kyler throw for ~5000?
Some of it is breaking down the reads in a simpler format or process. Some guys just connect with QBs in a way that makes sense to them. Jordan Palmer isn't the smartest QB trainer on the planet, but he might be the best because of how he is able to get his message across.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
For sure Isabella is now breaking out next year. lol. It was the coaches.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't care if Kyler likes him. Too much comfort can be a bad thing. IMO he needs a QB coach that can light a fire under him so he develops fully.
I am sorry, but I am going to poke a little fun at this take. Kyler Murray was drafted in the first round of baseball and football. He was the #1 pick in the draft. He was OROY and then followed that up by being a Pro Bowler. All of this while being an outlier in terms of historic NFL QB traits and experience. The fact that you think he gets to this place without being the one who is lighting the fire under himself is pretty naive.

That said, every high achieving person has someone they consult with and who can give them information they need in a way they can digest and value. It isn't about yelling or not yelling, it is about being able to get the message across. There are plenty of Hall of Fame NFL dudes who have admitted they completely checked out when coaches were yelling at them. If Cam is a guy who causes Kyler to listen when he speaks, why doesn't anyone care how Cam is delivering the message.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think they would have promoted Cam if Kyler didn't like him.

Here is what I like. Raih and Clements, all people associated with McCarthy's garbage Green Bay staff, are gone. That gives me hope.

McCarthy was a fraud for a long time. Rodgers dislike of him was palpable.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no inside knowledge but if I'm Keim and I have 3 Wr's I drafted 2 years ago where the only doing much of anything was the last one picked, and one's already cut, maybe I fire my WR coach so I have a scapegoat?

Not saying he's a good Wr coach I have no idea, but seems unlikely those 3 sucked because of him. I thought Johnson came on late this year and has for his draft spot probably out performed. It's the other 2.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some of it is breaking down the reads in a simpler format or process. Some guys just connect with QBs in a way that makes sense to them. Jordan Palmer isn't the smartest QB trainer on the planet, but he might be the best because of how he is able to get his message across.

The processing is big because if allows for the most efficient pre and post snap.

But is that issue?

I feel like a lot of qb concerns with Kyler are over blown as he looks like he is on track in developing

I could be wrong though.

I just dont see guys that can win their 1 on 1s.

Yea Kyler has to be able to play through that but Aaron Rodgers had to play at an obscene level level to put his team in the position to win games with minimal wr talent.

Its a hard and takes experience seeing NFL defenses over years and perfecting the craft of throwing the football in tight spaces.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am wondering if this is a warning to Kliff from Keim and Bidwill.

Raih was always the guy right next to Kliff on the sideline that seemed to actually be helping him call plays.

I really don't think this is Kliff's call to can him unless their relationship recently soured.

Firing these two guys - the only two other people on the staff associated with play calling says to me they want Kliff to have complete ownership, or that they are going to bring someone else in.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am wondering if this is a warning to Kliff from Keim and Bidwill.

Raih was always the guy right next to Kliff on the sideline that seemed to actually be helping him call plays.

I really don't think this is Kliff's call to can him unless their relationship recently soured.

Firing these two guys - the only two other people on the staff associated with play calling says to me they want Kliff to have complete ownership, or that they are going to bring someone else in.

If this is the case, could be, then they are tossing Kliff under the bus

Reaction score
His complete inability to contribute at all was likely coaching. His inability to likely become anything more than a role player is likely on poor scouting.

I think he's struggling learning the offense. So I would say it's coaching. They are not teaching him the offense in a way he can pick it up. He put up record setting numbers in college so I don't think it's lack of talent. I don't think he's reading his routes correctly. Not being in the right place. That's coaching.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cardinals need to find somebody who can help Murray develop into a pocket passer. Ultimately it is on Murray to make the commitment and it doesn't appear to be on his agenda.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't believe there was a claim that it would. :shrug:

it isn't hard to figure out that these are the "scapegoat" moves. I have no doubt he was strongly encouraged to retire. That way the team can be all "But we made changes so it's all good!" Of course, we know they aren't the RIGHT changes, but whatevs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be interesting if the Cardinals looked at bringing Cam into AZ if he doesn't get a starting job somewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw an article where Cam says "hell no" to being a backup.

Did Cam watch his own tape this year? He should be begging to be a backup.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pretty hard to get open when your scheme just has you running isolated comeback routes to the sticks most the time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many of those QB's also had 800 yards rushing and at least 10 TD's?

Completely different styles of QB.

The running should be a bonus no? Not instead of.

Generally speaking a designed QB run is instead of a RB run, not instead of a pass attempt.

It's not like he's Lamar Jackson. Kyler threw 160 more passes than Lamar.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard