Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lots of GM openings this year and the Cardinals would be getting a late start not to mention that it’s been rumored that Wilson will be the eventual successor. Im in complete agreement that Kliff should go but it’s almost pointless if the team keeps Keim. Brady, Bienimy, Saleh, Daboll aren’t signing up to be Keim’s 3rd Head Coach in 4 years. The team would be choosing from retreads nobody else wants.

Of the 4 names you mentioned, I would only risk hiring Bienemy or Daboll. That's because they are both from the Andy Reid tree. I think Murray would love either guy. Brady is too inexperienced for my liking, although he's got potential. Watch the Panthers next year. They had a great hire last year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
When you have a young star like Murray, you CANNOT sit on your hands & risk wasting him. You act NOW & fix what appears to be a very bad hire with KK. I've always said that you keep swinging until you find your franchise QB. I'm convinced we have that right now. Conversely, you have to do the same with a franchise HC. Keep swinging Michael. KK is NOT the answer. All you have to do is listen to ANY of his pressers & it's obvious he has not a clue.

Murray needs someone who can challenge Kyler. He has some flaws mentally and emotionally and would benefit from someone who can keep him in check while maintaining a working relationship with him. Kliff is too passive with him.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm really surprised the 98.7 crew, especially Wolf, is calling him out. Word has to be coming down from the team to hold him to the fire. Getting rid of KK doesn't fix much though until we get rid of Keim. I really don't want him making the next hire after the great decisions that were Wilks, KK, and VJ. Then add onto that his drafting record. We need to get a new GM first and then let the new guy do the coaching hire.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
he took over an already loaded team in SF and destroyed it in 4 years. Look at all the legal stuff that went on with players under his watch.

Michigan is a dumpster fire and he’s expected to be fired

They went 44-19 in 4 years and went to a Super Bowl.

That is success in the NFL. Thats a much better resume than any other experienced NFL coach we could get.

I'm not saying hes "the answer"...but someone like him. If we could get John Harbaugh I would do it in a second.

Maybe Greg Roman?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Been listening all morning. It's worse than the biggest naysayers thought. The fact that they all agree that in the next few weeks we're going to hear stories about the dysfunction within this team is disheartening.

I was wrong about Kliff, but I don't think it takes a soothsayer to predict failure in Arizona.

(Edit: they're literally laughing on air about the 3rd and 18 call. And when they had Max Starks on he went on a long rant about Kyler making a show of warming up to come back in the game--he and Wolf were saying his teammates know what's going on)

Can you clarify on the rant about Murray warming up.. were they criticizing Murray for that? Teammates know WHAT is going on?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They went 44-19 in 4 years and went to a Super Bowl.

That is success in the NFL. Thats a much better resume than any other experienced NFL coach we could get.

I'm not saying hes "the answer"...but someone like him. If we could get John Harbaugh I would do it in a second.

Maybe Greg Roman?

One thing that Harbaugh & Roman would bring would be a physical presence that this team sorely, sorely needs. Especially, in the NFC West. Not a Harbaugh fan per se, but we need a tougher approach to football. There has to be much better options out there right now than KK.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Of the 4 names you mentioned, I would only risk hiring Bienemy or Daboll. That's because they are both from the Andy Reid tree. I think Murray would love either guy. Brady is too inexperienced for my liking, although he's got potential. Watch the Panthers next year. They had a great hire last year.

My point is that they aren’t going to get any of them. A coach who’s in demand from other teams isn’t going to take the job with the most unstable front office. The Jaguars and Lions cleaned house so those jobs regardless of the current state of the teams will be much more highly regarded than the Cardinals opening. It would be a name that 95% of the board would be unhappy with.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury, Cardinals fail to find redemption in lackluster loss to Rams

https://arizonasports.com/story/249...o-find-redemption-in-lackluster-loss-to-rams/

Emotions are high. Temperatures are hot. I’ve learned not to make really big decisions while incandescent with rage.

Fire Kliff Kingsbury?

Yes. Definitely, yes.

Following an 18-7 loss on Sunday, there is no other path forward. The Cardinals will miss the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year. The lack of leadership and discipline are appalling. The offense is prone to stagnation. They have collectively squandered a golden opportunity, losing to lesser teams, often taking the field without bloodlust, shooting themselves in the feet along the way.

Rest at the link: https://arizonasports.com/story/249...o-find-redemption-in-lackluster-loss-to-rams/

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can you clarify on the rant about Murray warming up.. were they criticizing Murray for that? Teammates know WHAT is going on?

Starks started by saying something like there's miles of tunnel beneath the stadium where questionable players warm up, there was no need for him to run laps on the field, leave to the tunnel, come back, etc. He literally went on a rant which took up the entire segment. As to the 2nd part, I won't get into their inferences but the context was that after the x-ray, it wasn't going to get worse, it was a matter of pain management, so his antics weren't necessary. Then they got into saying in the next couple of weeks stories will come out about the dysfunction. What that means, precisely, is anyone's guess.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Starks started by saying something like there's miles of tunnel beneath the stadium where questionable players warm up, there was no need for him to run laps on the field, leave to the tunnel, come back, etc. He literally went on a rant which took up the entire segment. As to the 2nd part, I won't get into their inferences but the context was that after the x-ray, it wasn't going to get worse, it was a matter of pain management, so his antics weren't necessary. Then they got into saying in the next couple of weeks stories will come out about the dysfunction. What that means, precisely, is anyone's guess.

Kyler Murray has an perception problem, and if he thinks that does not matter, that is a problem.

Say what you will, but perception matters.

The situation with him yesterday was weird, regardless of what was going on it looks and felt weird.

Right now, I feel we have an injury prone Jay Cutler. That is the perception I get, fair or not. And it probably is unfair......is what it is.

As for Kingsbury, he looks VERY overmatched, and the perception that I get from Kliff is he is trying to "fake it till you make it". I am not sure he will make it.

This season is emotionally tough for all. The roller coast was extremely high at times and extremely low.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Very difficult to argue that KK doesn't deserve the door. I just don't see it happening this year. The only way I see it happening is if Murray has a say & his take is so damning that Keim & Bidwill have to act on it.
You say this like Keim wouldn't also be gone.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury, Cardinals fail to find redemption in lackluster loss to Rams

https://arizonasports.com/story/249...o-find-redemption-in-lackluster-loss-to-rams/

Emotions are high. Temperatures are hot. I’ve learned not to make really big decisions while incandescent with rage.

Fire Kliff Kingsbury?

Yes. Definitely, yes.

Following an 18-7 loss on Sunday, there is no other path forward. The Cardinals will miss the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year. The lack of leadership and discipline are appalling. The offense is prone to stagnation. They have collectively squandered a golden opportunity, losing to lesser teams, often taking the field without bloodlust, shooting themselves in the feet along the way.

Rest at the link: https://arizonasports.com/story/249...o-find-redemption-in-lackluster-loss-to-rams/

Lol @ "Those sated by the “progress” of an 8-8 season should be muzzled with duct tape. You don’t care enough to be part of this conversation."

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't hear it. Please expand I what this is regarding. Almost seems like you are saying the radio guys are saying the teammates think Kyler is full of *****?

I posted a follow-up on what was said. It was very quick, they basically cut Starks off and went to commercial. I'm not entirely sure what they're inferring but it's either a Murray or KK thing. Just to toss some facts out instead of speculation, in the article BIM posted, Kyler himself says he was waiting for the pain meds to kick in.

(Edit: and I tend to agree with Bickley when he said I won't question another man's toughness, but his teammates will)

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Which decent coach in his right mind is going to want to work for a organization that fires it current staff after going 8-8 a year after getting 1st pick in draft?

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Which decent coach in his right mind is going to want to work for a organization that fires it current staff after going 8-8 a year after getting 1st pick in draft?

Its the way they ended. Starting 6-3 and ending 8-8 is an understandable firing IMO. If they had started 2-5 and ended 6-3, it would feel a lot different.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2 years after getting the 1st pick. But, point taken. Yes, 8-8 is some progress, but we may never see an easier path to 11 wins again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose