Arizona Basketball 2020-2021

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Baker and Lee are huge liabilities. Getting Kerr back and Jordan Brown staying out of foul trouble (even though 4-5 fouls were flops) should prevent those two from seeing the floor.

Akinjo is what he is but Terry is going to be a stud. It’s too early to tell on guys like Koloko or Mathurin.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Baker and Lee are huge liabilities. Getting Kerr back and Jordan Brown staying out of foul trouble (even though 4-5 fouls were flops) should prevent those two from seeing the floor.

Akinjo is what he is but Terry is going to be a stud. It’s too early to tell on guys like Koloko or Mathurin.

Baker is another one who has steadily regressed horribly under Miller.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You have to at some point be good to regress.

He at least showed some promise when he first started playing last year. Then it has been steadily downhill. Miller has actually been making his players worse, not better, of late...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was bad enough to lose against a mediocre Stanford team, but now the team is down 7 at the half at home to freaking Montana.

Sean Miller's firing is long overdue. He brings nothing positive to the table at this point.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JFC imagine wanting another coaching search.

Would you rather have a toxic coach who cheats and still can't win?

Of course, as long as an incompetent like Heeke is running the Athletic Department, we're screwed either way.

I would hire Desiree Reed Francois from UNLV (who has Tucson roots as a graduate of the U of A College of Law) as the AD and let her hire Sean Miller's replacement.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Would you rather have a toxic coach who cheats and still can't win?

Of course, as long as an incompetent like Heeke is running the Athletic Department, we're screwed either way.

I would hire Desiree Reed Francois from UNLV (who has Tucson roots as a graduate of the U of A College of Law) as the AD and let her hire Sean Miller's replacement.

You don’t get it. Robbins isn’t replacing Heeke... He ignores the AD, boosters, alumni, ex players etc... He’s an idiot when it comes to running a university and a huge narcissist.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You don’t get it. Robbins isn’t replacing Heeke... He ignores the AD, boosters, alumni, ex players etc... He’s an idiot when it comes to running a university and a huge narcissist.

Then the Regents need to show Robbins the door.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From University of Arizona.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From University of Arizona.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So devils' advocate why did they wait until now? I assume they mean Book and Pasternack talking about lack of judgement and clearly they knew about that stuff ages ago.

A cynic would suggest the 3 touted freshmen last year convinced them they might be able to win lots of games so they didn't do it then.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So devils' advocate why did they wait until now? I assume they mean Book and Pasternack talking about lack of judgement and clearly they knew about that stuff ages ago.

A cynic would suggest the 3 touted freshmen last year convinced them they might be able to win lots of games so they didn't do it then.

I think you probably nailed it. They had to make sure they had the 3 freshman on board first. Cynically, there is something called a "bait and switch". Just a guess, I have no clue about the deadlines, etc., but probably timed to lessen damage to recruiting.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I miss the days when actual Wildcats were posting in this forum with good information for football and basketball.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I miss the days when actual Wildcats were posting in this forum with good information for football and basketball.
Well when there is good information, I'm sure you'll see that. But there hasn't been good information in a long time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you probably nailed it. They had to make sure they had the 3 freshman on board first. Cynically, there is something called a "bait and switch". Just a guess, I have no clue about the deadlines, etc., but probably timed to lessen damage to recruiting.

I meant last years, Green, Mannion and Nnaji. I'm saying from the outside it looks like they thought last year might be a really good team with those 3 kids, so they didn't want to self impose last year. Unless there's some new info in the notice of allegations, if they really did this because of serious lapses in judgement, that happened quite awhile ago and they knew about it for quite awhile.

Generally schools self impose to try and make it look better, we're taking a hit on our own to show the NCAA we're serious. the problem to me is this looks like they simply picked a year they don't expect to be very good, and/or think the season might not be finished anyways due to Covid so might as well self impose?

Maybe there's other stuff they know about that I don't but based on what I'm aware of the timing seems odd.

Just like how in Sept Coach K was saying they HAD to play this season for the good of the kids, then his team started slowly and suddenly he wants to end the season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And if this is the case, if I'm a recruit, I sue for fraud.

This is the NCAA equivalent of a guilty plea, which means that the University, its athletic department and the basketball coaching staff have been lying to recruits, the public and the Regents for at least 3 years with all the BS about Miller's innocence.

People need to be held accountable for this.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The lawyers advised Arizona to impose a penalty on the Book guilty plea of bribery because it’s a Level 1 violation whether Arizona knew of his dealings or not. It has something to do with the IARP because it’s out of the NCAA hands at this point. I think self imposing penalties is kind of pointless anyway.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

This is the NCAA equivalent of a guilty plea, which means that the University, its athletic department and the basketball coaching staff have been lying to recruits, the public and the Regents for at least 3 years with all the BS about Miller's innocence.

People need to be held accountable for this.

Every recruit or transfer who committed to AZ the last 3 years knew this was a possibility.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Every recruit or transfer who committed to AZ the last 3 years knew this was a possibility.

But they also saw the University and Program profess Miller's innocence and then admit his guilt after they came here. IF in fact this was a bait and switch, there should be hell to pay. Frankly, there should be hell to pay, anyway. I am beyond shocked that Miller hasn't been fired for cause...though with this President and AD, I guess nothing should shock me anymore.

Thank goodness for Adia Barnes. The women's basketball team is the only source of pride we have left.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The lawyers advised Arizona to impose a penalty on the Book guilty plea of bribery because it’s a Level 1 violation whether Arizona knew of his dealings or not. It has something to do with the IARP because it’s out of the NCAA hands at this point. I think self imposing penalties is kind of pointless anyway.

Which is all the more what makes it a true admission of guilt...after years of professing innocence...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously doubt that would happen I think every kid that has committed to UA in the last 3 classes knew about this. Right now I'm skeptical there will be an NCAA tourney, if there is, unlikely UA was going to get very far but
But they also saw the University and Program profess Miller's innocence and then admit his guilt after they came here. IF in fact this was a bait and switch, there should be hell to pay. Frankly, there should be hell to pay, anyway. I am beyond shocked that Miller hasn't been fired for cause...though with this President and AD, I guess nothing should shock me anymore.

Thank goodness for Adia Barnes. The women's basketball team is the only source of pride we have left.

They didn't admit any guilt by Miller they admitted guilt by Book and either Phelps or Pasternack, who were all gone so none of them could have been telling arizona recruits this wouldn't happen.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Seriously doubt that would happen I think every kid that has committed to UA in the last 3 classes knew about this. Right now I'm skeptical there will be an NCAA tourney, if there is, unlikely UA was going to get very far but

They didn't admit any guilt by Miller they admitted guilt by Book and either Phelps or Pasternack, who were all gone so none of them could have been telling arizona recruits this wouldn't happen.

Institutional control. Book, Phelps and Pasternak's actions fall back on Miller.