Gardeck injury

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would keep Chandler as well
I would pay Reddick and having gardeck and a rookie pass rusher as depth guys

I wont pay any money to p21 cause his plays heavily regressed
Kirkpatrick is bad and there is no reason to resign him

They must change all the cornberbacks, outside of Murphy, who should have to play at safety, a position tailor made for him

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Someone mentioned it before but this has to be some kind of record:

"Kliff Kingsbury didn't have an injury update on Dennis Gardeck. The Cardinals outside linebacker has seven sacks in 93 defensive snaps this season but was carted to the locker room late in the game on Sunday."

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

They must change all the cornberbacks, outside of Murphy, who should have to play at safety, a position tailor made for him

Where are these good corners coming from? I’d rather keep Pat and Dre (at reasonable cost, maybe a bit more than this year, like 1.5ish).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Where are these good corners coming from? I’d rather keep Pat and Dre (at reasonable cost, maybe a bit more than this year, like 1.5ish).
What Chandler Jones brings is of more value and harder to replace than what Peterson and Kirkpatrick bring. Also, Jones should be more motivated to do his deal than Peterson. You can extend Jones and it only costs you 5 mil more than just cutting or trading him. Also, QB on a rookie deal is the time to load your roster not deplete it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Chandler Jones brings is of more value and harder to replace than what Peterson and Kirkpatrick bring. Also, Jones should be more motivated to do his deal than Peterson. You can extend Jones and it only costs you 5 mil more than just cutting or trading him. Also, QB on a rookie deal is the time to load your roster not deplete it.

agreed.

much easier to go find two mediocre corners than replace the upside of what Jones can bring. If this team is able to get back Reddick and he keeps playing like this or gets better and you have hima nd Jones off the edge with Simmons playing jack of all trades, the second level of the defense might be great and good enough to cover up mediocrity behind them.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Is it really hard to replace what Chandler does? Look at Reddick and Gardeck. Meanwhile, Dre Kirkpatrick is the best #2 CB we have had in awhile. We had garbage there for a long time.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Would you please give this a rest.

He's the nickel corner.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it really hard to replace what Chandler does? Look at Reddick and Gardeck. Meanwhile, Dre Kirkpatrick is the best #2 CB we have had in awhile. We had garbage there for a long time.

Is it hard to replace a guy who was building H of F credentials going into this year?

Yes... it's HARD!

Between 2015 and 19, he led the LEAGUE in sacks.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Gardeck isn't a replacement for Chandler. He plays only in blitz packages and is schemed into sacks. Which is great and all, but he's not out there every down doing the dirty work, stopping the run, etc.

Pat Pete on the other hand could be replaced by literally anybody. He got picked on repeatedly by a rookie QB making his 2nd start and ALSHON JEFFERY, the oldest, slowest, most washed up WR in the league.

And beyond the terrible coverage this year, he also runs away from tackles. Send a screen to his side of the field and it's going for 10-20 yards because he will run to the nearest blocker and pretend to fight the block while running backwards. He literally stood next to Jalen Hurts at the 1 yard line and would not help keep him out of the end zone.

When one of the most veteran "leaders" on your football team is a tissue soft player who's afraid of contact, that's a major issue. He needs to go.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you please give this a rest.

He's the nickel corner.
I can give a rest when i certainly wrong, I have made my own idea watching him play, if u prefer to trust the coaching staff in every evaluation they made you are free to do it

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gardeck isn't a replacement for Chandler. He plays only in blitz packages and is schemed into sacks. Which is great and all, but he's not out there every down doing the dirty work, stopping the run, etc.

Pat Pete on the other hand could be replaced by literally anybody. He got picked on repeatedly by a rookie QB making his 2nd start and ALSHON JEFFERY, the oldest, slowest, most washed up WR in the league.

And beyond the terrible coverage this year, he also runs away from tackles. Send a screen to his side of the field and it's going for 10-20 yards because he will run to the nearest blocker and pretend to fight the block while running backwards. He literally stood next to Jalen Hurts at the 1 yard line and would not help keep him out of the end zone.

When one of the most veteran "leaders" on your football team is a tissue soft player who's afraid of contact, that's a major issue. He needs to go.

Come on. How many 'anybodies' have we thrown out opposite of PP and have them be terrible? I'm not happy with the way he has played this year, but don't act like a practice squad player can just come in and be better.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Seeing gardeck doing this and then u see p21 not fighting for the ball in the hail Mary

Big kudos on making this guy playing 90 snaps all season

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pat Pete gets so much undeserved hate. #1 corners are extremely rare. If we put anyone else on his matchups and we would give up 200 yards to that guy ~every game, or have to scheme things up in a way that other guys would eat.

Chandler put up huge numbers and was an outstanding player in the four years prior to this one, but he also had weaknesses that opponents exploited like crazy. We never had a defense as good as this one has been in his 4 years here. Why is that? We have had lots of injuries on dline and secondary, PP is supposedly washed, and yet Chandler-led Cards’ defenses were much worse than this one. Why doesn’t anyone want to discuss those facts when considering his value to the team??

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pat Pete gets so much undeserved hate. #1 corners are extremely rare. If we put anyone else on his matchups and we would give up 200 yards to that guy ~every game, or have to scheme things up in a way that other guys would eat.

Chandler put up huge numbers and was an outstanding player in the four years prior to this one, but he also had weaknesses that opponents exploited like crazy. We never had a defense as good as this one has been in his 4 years here. Why is that? We have had lots of injuries on dline and secondary, PP is supposedly washed, and yet Chandler-led Cards’ defenses were much worse than this one. Why doesn’t anyone want to discuss those facts when considering his value to the team??

U know, he doesn't play anymore at the level he used to be, honestly very far from that
But when u see a player falling and not putting the effort needed then is normal being criticized
And is not hate, is about judging a player for the season is having without being influenced by the argument he was an elite player
I guess even p21 doesn't watch his tape anymore cause he wouldn't t accept to recognize his performance decline

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
U know, he doesn't play anymore at the level he used to be, honestly very far from that
But when u see a player falling and not putting the effort needed then is normal being criticized
And is not hate, is about judging a player for the season is having without being influenced by the argument he was an elite player
I guess even p21 doesn't watch his tape anymore cause he wouldn't t accept to recognize his performance decline

He isn’t top5 at the position anymore, but he’s still top15. Chandler played a lot worse in the first 5 games this year before he got hurt than Pat Pete. Guys get worse when they age! Doesn’t mean they deserve unremitting hate.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He isn’t top5 at the position anymore, but he’s still top15. Chandler played a lot worse in the first 5 games this year before he got hurt than Pat Pete. Guys get worse when they age! Doesn’t mean they deserve unremitting hate.

Hate again?
U know Larry Fitzgerald is always loved, cause he is super professional, being an example, he knows isn't the, same player anymore but he is always the same Larry, a humble man doing even the dirty job, blocking, not complaining if isn't targeted enough, sprinting 10 yards to allow our qb to stop the clock 2seconds before the half time

Then u see peterson, giving lot of yards to every receivers, being flagged multiple times, complaining about the flags, not fighting for the ball in the 2 hail Mary of yesterday and put himself in some situation far from the play cause he doesn't like to tackle

Chandler Jones didn't play good for 5 games, but he ll be back, I'm sure, btw we are talking about a great professionist

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Chan is willing to restructure the deal, then I would do it. Just saying he’s clearly expendable based on how good the defense played without him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Chan is willing to restructure the deal, then I would do it. Just saying he’s clearly expendable based on how good the defense played without him.

how has the defense played “well” without him. Before the last two games against Daniel Jones and an Eagles Team with ZERO offensive line and a rookie QB, we hadn’t been able to sniff the QB. Reddick didn’t have a sack for five games.

and our D is still bad this year without him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
how has the defense played “well” without him. Before the last two games against Daniel Jones and an Eagles Team with ZERO offensive line and a rookie QB, we hadn’t been able to sniff the QB. Reddick didn’t have a sack for five games.

and our D is still bad this year without him.

28th and 26th in points allowed the last two years. 13th this year. HUGE improvement.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
28th and 26th in points allowed the last two years. 13th this year. HUGE improvement.

Huh... I thought our ppg was much higher.

see I look at that and see what we’re able to do with two mediocre AT BEST CB and say if I can add even more pass rush, you could bump that up even higher next year.

taking chandler away and having ANOTHER year of slippage and piss poor effort outside of average cover skills just says step back next year.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are looking at lots of stuff.

I’m just saying: w/Chan and w/o Chan. He’s not really a difference maker even with his big production.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Right. Let's discuss the scrubs around Chandler last season, etc. and let's ignore Keim's efforts to shore the "D" in both free agency and the draft going into this season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Seeing gardeck doing this and then u see p21 not fighting for the ball in the hail Mary

Big kudos on making this guy playing 90 snaps all season

You don't want more than 2 or 3 defenders AT MOST defending hail mary passes or everyone gets in each other's way. Not making excuses for PP, but this one is weak. Talk about his PIs all you want, but this is scraping the barrel.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. Let's discuss the scrubs around Chandler last season, etc. and let's ignore Keim's efforts to shore the "D" in both free agency and the draft going into this season.

I hate Keim as much as the next person, but if you look at our #1 defensive problem last year, what was it? Defending opposing TEs. Somehow we got pretty darn good at that and nobody talks about it. He also used a high draft pick on Simmons and signed Campbell, Kennard etc. This is one that doesn't square with me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard