Kliff just broke me

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s funny. When I see guys throw up the stats time and time again with no game context it’s exactly what I think about them.

well what’s the game context?

your gonna tell me running the ball on 4th and goal from the 1 is a bad play?

you’d be wrong but go ahead.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well except in the redzone. It’s okay to point out poor play even in a win.

Doesn’t matter anymore here. This team could of scored 40 and guys would still complain. That’s what this place is now.

We’ve seen this offense score 30+ and still lose and yet it always seems to be the offenses fault here. Kind of funny.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
well what’s the game context?

your gonna tell me running the ball on 4th and goal from the 1 is a bad play?

you’d be wrong but go ahead.
No as you spoke in a broader measure about season long stats so was I referencing the continued poor play calling, necessity of timeouts or delays of game, time management, and a myriad of other kliff klusterf&@!s. All of which you wouldn’t know about if you didn’t watch the actual game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter anymore here. This team could of scored 40 and guys would still complain. That’s what this place is now.

We’ve seen this offense score 30+ and still lose and yet it always seems to be the offenses fault here. Kind of funny.
No there’s been plenty blame to go around. Generally the defense has played a large role in losses, today notwithstanding. The special teams has been poor to average other than today. But neither of those means the offense and kliff’s overall game management haven’t played roles in the losses as well. They have. Your steadfast refusal to admit such seems odd for someone that watches the games.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep without a doubt someone is getting into his ear.

I counted 8 throws between/around the hash marks today, Murray under center around 10+ times & Hop getting moved around formations at least 5 times. I still don’t understand why we aren’t taking any deep shots though

It makes you wonder...
It was nice to see hop catch a 31 yard pass coming from the slot on the right side of the formation. KK either is reading the board or he saw hops route tree on twitter.

Reaction score
I still don’t understand why we aren’t taking any deep shots though

It makes you wonder...
It just could be that they were still concerned about over-taxing Murray's shoulder. I believe that K1's shoulder injury was more severe than ever acknowledged.

But it's feeling much better tonight!!! :clapping::shades:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When people start spouting Red Zone conversion statistics based on the first 7 weeks against mostly garbage teams after just watching us go turnover on downs, FG, FG, TD, TD, FG, FG plus had a drive where we were at the NYG 30 put ended up punting from the 46. It's living in the past. Most of those RZ stats were racked up before week 7 when the offense was playing well.

By my math, 6 RZ trips and 2 TD's is 33% TD rate.

The only reason that stat hasn't been trashed on our recent run of form is because we barely get to the RZ. 3 trips per game.

Rams was 66% on 3 trips to the RZ
Pats was 66% on 3 trips to the RZ
Seattle was 100% on 3 trips the the RZ

So yeah, our RZ % leads the league, whoopdie do. But we haven't been too good in actually getting to the RZ lately, and the one game we do we convert 33%.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I counted 8 throws between/around the hash marks today, Murray under center around 10+ times & Hop getting moved around formations at least 5 times. I still don’t understand why we aren’t taking any deep shots though

It makes you wonder...
Probably because we don’t have anyone to take deep shots to outside the inconsistent Christian Kirk.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably because we don’t have anyone to take deep shots to outside the inconsistent Christian Kirk.

What's Nuk?

He's 0.1 yards off his 2nd lowest career average per catch.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
When people start spouting Red Zone conversion statistics based on the first 7 weeks against mostly garbage teams after just watching us go turnover on downs, FG, FG, TD, TD, FG, FG plus had a drive where we were at the NYG 30 put ended up punting from the 46. It's living in the past. Most of those RZ stats were racked up before week 7 when the offense was playing well.

So yeah, our RZ % leads the league, whoopdie do. But we haven't been too good in actually getting to the RZ lately, and the one game we do we convert 33%.

You missed the point. Nobody cares about 1 stat by itself but its part of several factors (including wins) that have improved since 2018.

I think we were last in red zone TD's in 2019...horrible weakness. Now we are #1 through 12-13 games. Recognize it.

It's a huge whoopdie do. Can it improve? Yes but that also has to do with execution. Kirk dropped a TD and then didn't sell out on an excellent play call to get in. How many 3-1/4-1 tries has Drake and the IOL missed? Jeez man. If you can't get 1 yard, you aren't going to win close games. The only criticism I could give with that is find another way...get Streveler in there if the others can't execute.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Older? Didn’t know 28 was old. Who says you have to be fast to take a deep shot? Fitz in his prime was never a burner, but didn’t stop him from catching quite a few deep balls.
28 is older than 22-24, right? Maybe I’m wrong.

Sure, a “few”. That’s how many deep shots we’re gonna throw a game because we really have no one to burn a CB off the LoS consistently.

Don’t know how this obvious by now at this point of the season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What's Nuk?

He's 0.1 yards off his 2nd lowest career average per catch.

Nuk’s never really been a deep threat. Houston got a WR specifically to be the deep threat in that offense.

It’s also worth saying that you don’t need a 4.33 guy to take a couple shot plays a game. I just don’t think Kyler’s comfortable throwing those deep routes unless they’re super-open.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No there’s been plenty blame to go around. Generally the defense has played a large role in losses, today notwithstanding. The special teams has been poor to average other than today. But neither of those means the offense and kliff’s overall game management haven’t played roles in the losses as well. They have. Your steadfast refusal to admit such seems odd for someone that watches the games.

Im not refusing anything. That’s my point. It doesn’t matter what happens you can come here and find a million bad play calling or bad coaching post.

kicker misses a game winner and it’s can’t believe Kliff chose to kick it.

guy drops an easy touchdown pass guess who’s fault cause it was obviously a bad play call.

your offensive line can’t get you 1 yard on the goal line. Guess who’s fault.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Im not refusing anything. That’s my point. It doesn’t matter what happens you can come here and find a million bad play calling or bad coaching post.

kicker misses a game winner and it’s can’t believe Kliff chose to kick it.

guy drops an easy touchdown pass guess who’s fault cause it was obviously a bad play call.

your offensive line can’t get you 1 yard on the goal line. Guess who’s fault.
Yeah man when there’s a slew of problems you have to look at the man in charge. That’s the way leadership is judged.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A lot of the recent goal line blunders to me are on the O line. We don’t get the interior push from center on out, and don’t have a big back that can make his own space. Could Strevler be the guy under center, maybe, but we haven’t seen that in weeks. Would love to see Fotu get a carry on the goal line.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It makes you wonder...

Thats called progress, I do think Kyler is still hurt as well as ac joint sprains take a few weeks to heal.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not sure Drake is the answer next year, especially at tag price. Doesn’t have that burst this year and Edmonds is just what he is, a change of pace back. We need to find a hidden gem RB that has good speed but can push the pile at the goal line

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m not sure Drake is the answer next year, especially at tag price. Doesn’t have that burst this year and Edmonds is just what he is, a change of pace back. We need to find a hidden gem RB that has good speed but can push the pile at the goal line
He won't be getting the payday he is looking for or even that he made this year. Next year's cap decrease will likely hit players like him worst of all.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, noticed that too. Really liked moving Hop around and utilizing crossing routes more. Keep adding to it please

It's so freaking simple you have to wonder why it hasn't been done till yesterday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn