Kliff sticking with Zane

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he needs to kick them all as hard as he kicks the 50+ ones. For some reason the stronger the leg the straighter he kicks them. Maybe backing off on the strength some he loses accuracy. Sort of like how some people play pool. If they shoot the cue ball hard it is accurate but if they try a touch shot they miss badly. Just a thought.

maybe he should learn that on another team.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if this is a mini tank.

Kiem realized the Cards hit their limits personnel wise and now is engaging in the act of self sabotage in order to get a 10-15 pick in the draft.

Puts them in the position to get premium offensive playmaker like Devonta or Kyle Pitts.

Hopefully he is relieved of his services before then.
no

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much to be gained by cutting him now I suppose?

the Cardinals were 6-7 in 1998 and grabbed Chris Jacke off the scrap heap in week 13. He went on to kick game winning field goals in the last three games at the gun to get us to OT.

at this point we need to believe there’s no shot Zane hits a big kick and at least see if we can get lucky with someone else. Doing nothing is accepting and expecting failure.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And heeeeeere we are. 5 seconds left in the super bowl and the cardinals kicker, Zane Gonzalez, just has to hit a 15 yard chip shot. What a historical moment, the cardinals will finally win a super bowl.

The ball is snapped, hold is good, Zane kicks it.....OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!! wide left!!!!!! Steelers beat the cardinals again!!!! The crowd is going wild!!!!!

Reaction score
Agreed but we don't know if he's healthy or not. People are assuming he's not because they haven't cut Zane, but it may well be Kliff doesn't think a healthy Nugent is any better. Last year he was 5-8 in NE before he got waived, and his kickoffs were so short they needed someone else to kickoff.
Mike nugent sux too
Bring in ted nugent!!!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are 15th in the league in 4th down attempts, I thought we would be higher but I feel like we do go for it more often because of lack of confidence in the kicker.

Do they go for it so often on 4th down simply because they don't trust the kicker?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they go for it so often on 4th down simply because they don't trust the kicker?

I think it has more to do with starting the season 8-0 on 4th downs than our kicker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson