Week 13- LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 2020

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe the Rams were eliminated from the playoff race the week before they played us and sat a bunch of guys. I’m not taking anything away from that game and inserting into this one for hope lol.
There were talks of doing that, but they played everyone.

Otherwise, guys like Donald, Kupp, Woods, Whitworth, & Ramsey wouldn’t have played the whole game lol

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe Kiem and Kliff had a conversation over these past couple days. I think this game will be a "get back on track" game and the Cardinals take it, close but they make more plays.
what would keim have to offer to KK? was there an article posted somewhere talking about this?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There were talks of doing that, but they played everyone.

Otherwise, guys like Donald, Kupp, Woods, Whitworth, & Ramsey wouldn’t have played the whole game lol

Their starting corners Ramsey and Hill didn’t play that game. Point is that game really means nothing in terms of Sunday. Wasn’t Wade still their DC?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their starting corners Ramsey and Hill didn’t play that game. Point is that game really means nothing in terms of Sunday. Wasn’t Wade still their DC?
That’s right. Ramsey injured his knee the week before. Same with Troy.

Idk if I l’d say it means nothing. Defense actually showed life against McVay Rams for once instead of looking lost all the time. We’ll see.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s right. Ramsey injured his knee the week before. Same with Troy.

Idk if I l’d say it means nothing. Defense actually showed life against McVay Rams for once instead of looking lost all the time. We’ll see.

they gave up 31 points to a Rams offense that averaged 24 for the season. not much signs of life there.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they gave up 31 points to a Rams offense that averaged 24 for the season. not much signs of life there.
Honestly expected a response from you on this & would’ve been disappointed if it was someone else.

They did but they were actually playing the hardest I’ve seen against the Rams offense, which I didn’t see in the first matchup last year+4 prior to that. Also didn’t help we turned the ball over a couple times on our side of the field. Offense + Sore hamstring Kyler lost that game more than the defense did.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly expected a response from you on this & would’ve been disappointed if it was someone else.

They did but they were actually playing the hardest I’ve seen against the Rams offense, which I didn’t see in the first matchup last year+4 prior to that. Also didn’t help we turned the ball over a couple times on our side of the field. Offense + Sore hamstring Kyler lost that game more than the defense did.

fair enough.

I'm more buoyed by looking back to see our offense moved the ball as well as it did... but no Jalen Ramsay and the other starting CB probably had a little to do with that.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Rams run the ball with a vengeance and they have a stout DL... It will be harder to beat the Rams than any team on our schedule, being that we just do not stack up well against them

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rams run the ball with a vengeance and they have a stout DL... It will be harder to beat the Rams than any team on our schedule, being that we just do not stack up well against them
On the other side of the coin, this is the best our defense has matched up against their offense. No Whitworth + they don’t have a WR to take the top off like all the other previous matchups.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We’ve lost 3 of 4. The Rams are a better team and a bad matchup, but there are no more excuses. Just win, period. For once, want it more than the other team!!! This team is so infuriating, we know they have talent but do they have heart? That’s still to be determined.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I believe the Rams were eliminated from the playoff race the week before they played us and sat a bunch of guys. I’m not taking anything away from that game and inserting into this one for hope lol.
I hear ya bro, every game is different. I just have a feeling we win this game cause our backs are against the wall. I also feel like KK is sick of losing to his friend & will pull out all the stops to score points Sunday. He's probably scheming new plays right now as I type lol?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nothing is more Cardinals than Blowing out a good Rams team while losing to every sorry team in the NFL.

Ain’t that the truth. But can they really pull this off when Kyler is still clearly hurt? I don’t know...I stand by the idea this offense isn’t special without the X factor of Kyler’s legs (which again is so infuriating bc you would think they would be using this weapon more if the shoulder is an issue)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler got the Questionable tag today.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ain’t that the truth. But can they really pull this off when Kyler is still clearly hurt? I don’t know...I stand by the idea this offense isn’t special without the X factor of Kyler’s legs (which again is so infuriating bc you would think they would be using this weapon more if the shoulder is an issue)

people talking about coaching and everything else but this. He’s clearly hurt and being told not to run. I haven’t seen any designed runs lately.

should be interesting

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

ac joint injuries are 4-6 timeline.

He is going to have to take a step in the passing game and getting comfortable with his reads as @BritCard broke down

This team is going to leave and die off of Kyler taking the text step as a pocket passer. Especially with him not fully healthy enough to take hits in the run game.

He has the surreal arm talent, can he and coaching ease him through this hard place.

He is going to have to "make" Kirk and Isabella.

They arent capable of winning their match ups 1-1, so he needs to play at an elite level as a passer to help them create.

Rodgers struggled with this at times so I can imagine its hard for Kyler.

TE are mostly non-factors in the pass game.

Only real weapons are Hop and Edmonds. Kliff is going to have to elevate his game tremendously as well.

Last edited: