2021 Draft Targets

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We need to make a decision with Kyler. Either force him to get better throwing the ball or build our offense around running the ball similar to Baltimore. Either way, we need to make a decision.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think at this point, I am back on prioritizing the offensive line over giving Kyler more skill position players that he will not hold the ball long enough to get it to.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Has us drafting Azeez Ojulari.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Rashawn Slater is on my round 1 radar though he may not make it to us. He can play any position on the line. He has good size and is a good athlete. Smart guy and has stayed healthy. Time to add some top tier talent to our line.

Also, Rondale Moore may be available when we draft in round 2. As Kyler continues to develop we need a player who win quickly, make plays in the open field, and give us another vertical threat. Isabella hasn't shown to be that guy and neither has Kirk. Moore gives us another option to fill that need and has fallen a bit this year due to some soft tissue injuries but that is not uncommon for small, fast guys.

Starting off a draft with those two and then grabbing an edge rusher or CB in round 3 would not be terrible.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rashawn Slater is on my round 1 radar though he may not make it to us. He can play any position on the line. He has good size and is a good athlete. Smart guy and has stayed healthy. Time to add some top tier talent to our line.

Also, Rondale Moore may be available when we draft in round 2. As Kyler continues to develop we need a player who win quickly, make plays in the open field, and give us another vertical threat. Isabella hasn't shown to be that guy and neither has Kirk. Moore gives us another option to fill that need and has fallen a bit this year due to some soft tissue injuries but that is not uncommon for small, fast guys.

Starting off a draft with those two and then grabbing an edge rusher or CB in round 3 would not be terrible.
I would probably flip CB & OL here tbh.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, I still wouldn’t rule out going EDGE 1st, especially with Ossai & Olujari on the board.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would probably flip CB & OL here tbh.
I agree if our goal is to build a balanced roster. For me, unless Kyler shows so pretty incredible growth over the last 5 games, I prefer to just stack the offensive side of the ball to help his development.

He needs a dominant interior lineman to set the pocket if not two. If Slater can be that as a C or RG (and I think he can be an all-pro) then we really need to do it.

I get that our offensive line has been ok, but Kyler is still not trusting his protection and sitting in the pocket. Getting better talent up front is about the only way I know how to speed that up.

If we need to go back to the well for a big time vertical and open field play maker, go get Moore. I would probably also bring in John Ross as a FA just in case he isn't the garbage I think he is.

It is kind of the Chiefs approach. Stack offensive talent and get by on defense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Basically, my offseason plan for the offense in this moment (much can change in 5 games) is to sign

Brandon Sherff and JuJu Smith-Schuster as FAs.

Sign John Ross as a low cost FA. (I think he sucks but we need to know)

Trade Andy Isabella to the Lions for Kerryon Johnson.

Draft
Rashawn Slater in round 1 to play at C

Rondale Moore to play WR.

Puts our line at

LT - DJ Humphries
LG - Justin Pugh
C - Rashawn Slater
RG - Brandon Sherff
RT - Josh Jones

Lamont Gaillard
Mason Cole
Justin Murray
Marcus Gilbert

RBs
Chase Edmonds
Kerryon Johnson

WRs
Deandre Hopkins
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Christian Kirk
Rondale Moore
KeeSean Johnson
Trent Sherfield
John Ross (flier and likely gets cut)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a serious debate?

yeah I'm not as high on Lawrence as most people are but that's a no brainer, Fields has talent yes but you don't take him over Lawrence, not even debatable IMO

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree if our goal is to build a balanced roster. For me, unless Kyler shows so pretty incredible growth over the last 5 games, I prefer to just stack the offensive side of the ball to help his development.

He needs a dominant interior lineman to set the pocket if not two. If Slater can be that as a C or RG (and I think he can be an all-pro) then we really need to do it.

I get that our offensive line has been ok, but Kyler is still not trusting his protection and sitting in the pocket. Getting better talent up front is about the only way I know how to speed that up.

If we need to go back to the well for a big time vertical and open field play maker, go get Moore. I would probably also bring in John Ross as a FA just in case he isn't the garbage I think he is.

It is kind of the Chiefs approach. Stack offensive talent and get by on defense.
I get what you’re saying, but the thing about the Chiefs approach is that it’ll be pretty damn hard to do such a thing. It’ll be real difficult to get one of the best TEs to play the game & a player with generational speed who can take the top off of a distance in a instant. Tyreek, to me, is arguably the most valuable weapon in the game cause of his skill set.

As much as I love Kyler, he’s not Mahomes who can make any throw from any trajectory.

A team that’s taking the Chiefs approach is Seattle, and as phenomenal as Russ is, he’s not Mahomes. I don’t want to be Seattle where we have to be in shootouts every week. Seattle atm is basically the MDA-Suns. High flying regular season team, but will only win 1 game at most cause of their defense will come back to bite them.

Getting game-changers at CB & EDGE will put us over the top before WR & IOL will.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically, my offseason plan for the offense in this moment (much can change in 5 games) is to sign

Brandon Sherff and JuJu Smith-Schuster as FAs.

Sign John Ross as a low cost FA. (I think he sucks but we need to know)

Trade Andy Isabella to the Lions for Kerryon Johnson.

Draft
Rashawn Slater in round 1 to play at C

Rondale Moore to play WR.

Puts our line at

LT - DJ Humphries
LG - Justin Pugh
C - Rashawn Slater
RG - Brandon Sherff
RT - Josh Jones

Lamont Gaillard
Mason Cole
Justin Murray
Marcus Gilbert

RBs
Chase Edmonds
Kerryon Johnson

WRs
Deandre Hopkins
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Christian Kirk
Rondale Moore
KeeSean Johnson
Trent Sherfield
John Ross (flier and likely gets cut)

did you really list Marcus Gilbert up there?

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, I’m all Ossai/Ojulari over Jaycee/Stokes despite CB being a bigger need

Vikings’ DLine really took control of that last playoff game against the Saints despite being big underdogs.

Trenches will always matter first & foremost. Try to get a solid CB1, & we’re good, but EDGE & DE gotta be the first 2 rounds. We’ll never be taken seriously if we draft someone like Kyle Pitts in the 1st round.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Vikings’ DLine really took control of that last playoff game against the Saints despite being big underdogs.

Trenches will always matter first & foremost. Try to get a solid CB1, & we’re good, but EDGE & DE gotta be the first 2 rounds. We’ll never be taken seriously if we draft someone like Kyle Pitts in the 1st round.

I saw bad defense improving a lot the following year even if they went offense in round 1
Or u still believe a rookie defender change drastically a unit?

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw bad defense improving a lot the following year even if they went offense in round 1
Or u still believe a rookie defender change drastically a unit?
Huh? I’m confused what you mean with that first statement.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll be really frustrated if we take Pitts or a RB in the 1st two rounds. Pretty much cements that we’ll be Seattle Jr, & I don’t want to be Seattle Jr, relying on Kyler to win shootouts like Russ has to do, I want to be balance & have more game changers on defense.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All in all, a damn RB/WR/TE better not be our first 2 out of 3 picks. Stupid way of building a football team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I really like Jaycee Horn but I get what you are saying.

Here is my list of considered options in round 1 at this point.

OL - Penei Sewell (I am just putting his name here because guys who are highly viewed over a long period of time can get nitpicked to death sometimes.)

OL - Rashawn Slater (dude can play OT, G and C and is very talented)

OL - Christian Darrisaw (talented kid and is an option if team feel Josh Jones can play inside)

WR - Terrance Marshall (size/speed freak to complement Hopkins and help Murray)

TE - Kyle Pitts (similar to Marshall but upgrades our TE talent over multiple personnel groups)

EDGE - Lots of dudes. Ossai, Ajulari, Oweh, Perkins, Patrick Jones...lots of guys who could be argued are a great fit. The depth of this position is possibly the only reason we wouldn't take one in the 1st round.

CB - Jaycee Horn (dude competes and is physical. I feel like he fits and I think he is gonna be good)

CB - Surtain and Farley (I do't think they make it to us, but are also worth considering)

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like Jaycee Horn but I get what you are saying.

Here is my list of considered options in round 1 at this point.

OL - Penei Sewell (I am just putting his name here because guys who are highly viewed over a long period of time can get nitpicked to death sometimes.)

OL - Rashawn Slater (dude can play OT, G and C and is very talented)

OL - Christian Darrisaw (talented kid and is an option if team feel Josh Jones can play inside)

WR - Terrance Marshall (size/speed freak to complement Hopkins and help Murray)

TE - Kyle Pitts (similar to Marshall but upgrades our TE talent over multiple personnel groups)

EDGE - Lots of dudes. Ossai, Ajulari, Oweh, Perkins, Patrick Jones...lots of guys who could be argued are a great fit. The depth of this position is possibly the only reason we wouldn't take one in the 1st round.

CB - Jaycee Horn (dude competes and is physical. I feel like he fits and I think he is gonna be good)

CB - Surtain and Farley (I do't think they make it to us, but are also worth considering)
Trust me, I love Jaycee too. A lot. Would I be mad at all if we end up selecting him? Absolutely not.

However, trenches still comes first & that is where the games are won. That’s why I want Ossai so badly. That’s what put the Chiefs over the top last year with Chris Jones & Frank Clark going into bully mode in the playoffs.

We won’t be taken seriously if we go Pitts or WR in the 1st round. What good would it be taking them when we can’t get a stop when it matters on the other side?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave