Suns training camp and preseason thread

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
It’s political worldwide? Well that seems an ill-informed comment.
No of course not, but harsh measures are political. Each nation has there own policies on it, you have Sweden which has causally no policy other then to be mindful and wash your hands, to England which is dranconian to Romania which has strong measures that few follow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No of course not, but harsh measures are political. Each nation has there own policies on it, you have Sweden which has causally no policy other then to be mindful and wash your hands, to England which is dranconian to Romania which has strong measures that few follow.
Those aren’t “political” - those are different approaches to the pandemic. Some more effective than others. I think you’d likely label most of Asia’s countries measures as draconian but they’ve been effective.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Ah the pay for Covid fallacy that paints the healthcare system that is struggling against the pandemic as greedy corrupt individuals. Well played . . . four months ago when that idiocy tried to gain traction amongst the conspiracy theorists.

We have social medicine it’s not about individuals at all they could care less. It’s about keeping the revenue to keep the system alive. I’m not familiar with any conspiracy theory surrounding this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have 11,331 died in Romania from Covid? Romania is one of the poorest nations in Europe. They get 35,000 euro a pop for putting it on a death certificate. Audits show less then 500 have died from the Virus itself 2020 isn’t any higher for death rates in Romania from infectious diseases for the past ten years. I’m not a Covid denier but I’m also not a Covid fear monger. It’s hear it can be deadly but is on par with other respiratory diseases of the same nature.

I prefer to follow the science.

I'm not into conspiracy theories. COVID-19 is a pandemic. That means it's worldwide. Why would the whole world make it up for Romania to get some Euros?

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Those aren’t “political” - those are different approaches to the pandemic. Some more effective than others. I think you’d likely label most of Asia’s countries measures as draconian but they’ve been effective.
Other then Korea I’m not sure that is true and what is happening really in China is anyone’s guess. Japan has pretty much ignored the pandemic and operates pretty much as normal. There hasn’t been much of a difference between hands on and hands off approaches.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We have social medicine it’s not about individuals at all they could care less. It’s about keeping the revenue to keep the system alive. I’m not familiar with any conspiracy theory surrounding this.
Whether it’s individuals or the healthcare system you’re still claiming corruption and inferring that they’re making up Covid cases. It’s the same beat conspiracy just in different clothes. Did you know it’s incredibly expensive to provide the necessary medical care for a serious Covid patient? Yes 10s of thousands of dollars. There’s no profit motive in socialized medicine. It’s paying for actual treatment.

so you claim you’re not a “Covid denier” but here you are implying that the Covid numbers are fake. Dude, that’s denial.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whether it’s individuals or the healthcare system you’re still claiming corruption and inferring that they’re making up Covid cases. It’s the same beat conspiracy just in different clothes. Did you know it’s incredibly expensive to provide the necessary medical care for a serious Covid patient? Yes 10s of thousands of dollars. There’s no profit motive in socialized medicine. It’s paying for actual treatment.

so you claim you’re not a “Covid denier” but here you are implying that the Covid numbers are fake. Dude, that’s denial.

It is mad expensive, my brother had it and was in for 3 weeks, almost 100k in treatments.

Covid is real. He would have never gotten and has never been this sick due to any other illness.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I prefer to follow the science.

I'm not into conspiracy theories. COVID-19 is a pandemic. That means it's worldwide. Why would the whole world make it up for Romania to get some Euros?
As I said I’m not saying it’s not a pandemic. Pandemics don’t necessarily mean death.

Its Romania my dude, known for its corruption. Take a step out of the States and realize that the world you live in is very much different then the rest of the world.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said I’m not saying it’s not a pandemic. Pandemics don’t necessarily mean death.

A percentage of those who get COVD-19 will die. If wearing a face mask saves one life it's worth it. It's much more deadly than the flu. Hopefully we are beyond "survival of the fittest."

Even if you and your friends are not at high risk, think of it as paying it forward so someone more vulnerable can live.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
A percentage of those who get COVD-19 will die. If wearing a face mask saves one life it's worth it. It's much more deadly than the flu. Hopefully we are beyond "survival of the fittest."

Even if you and your friends are not at high risk, think of it as paying it forward so someone more vulnerable can live.
Fair enough, let’s agree to disagree

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fair enough, let’s agree to disagree
What exactly in Mainstreets post do you disagree with?

that a percentage with Covid will die?

that it’s more deadly than the flu?

That saving even one life is worth wearing a mask?

that paying it forward for someone more vulnerable is a good thing?

those are the things Mainstreet stated in his post.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty reportedly says trading Oubre and Rubio were worth the risk to get Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And he believes Chris Paul could be the best point guard of this era.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty jokes Chris Paul made him a better coach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about his earlier coaching style.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet