Jalen Smith

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone has to pass it to the big fella in order for him to score. Watch how many touches he actually gets. He will get more with CP3 because he runs the pick and roll so much more often and effectively than anyone else we had last year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You guys act like playing with Booker should somehow dampen Ayton’s scoring. Last I checked there have been multiple teams with multiple 20+ scorers on them. If anything playing with a prolific perimeter scorer should have enhanced Ayton’s scoring opportunities.

this is such a silly argument. If Ayton had more fire in his belly he would be near unstoppable already. There’s a reason so many on this board are hoping Chris Paul gets the best out of him . . . it’s because he hasn’t done that himself yet.

Just because fans recognize that he isn’t scratching his ceiling doesn’t mean we don’t what recognize what he does bring. But it also doesn’t mean we can’t be frustrated with his shortcomings.
I think the argument being made isn't that he can't get shots because of Booker, but that he isn't being forced to put up a lot of shots because he has a legit #1 option ahead of him.

Had he been drafted to a team that didn't have an elite scorer than the offense in general would likely be run through him much more by default.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the argument being made isn't that he can't get shots because of Booker, but that he isn't being forced to put up a lot of shots because he has a legit #1 option ahead of him.

Had he been drafted to a team that didn't have an elite scorer than the offense in general would likely be run through him much more by default.
He hasn’t had the dog in him either season to have an offense run through him. Even if forced.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He hasn’t had the dog in him either season to have an offense run through him. Even if forced.
Do any NBA offenses run through the big man these days. You might be right but he has never had it run through him so I don’t think we know if he has the dog in him offensively or not. He has really stepped up on defense because that part is under his control.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Do any NBA offenses run through the big man these days. You might be right but he has never had it run through him so I don’t think we know if he has the dog in him offensively or not. He has really stepped up on defense because that part is under his control.
Philly with Embiid to an extent. I ultimately think his lack of shots have been a combination of not having much offense run for him, but also being passive at times when he has had opportunities to make something happen.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Booker 17 FGA

Kelly 14 FGA

Ayton 14

Ayton might have even been the 3rd option on some nights

Ayton plays well for a YOUNG big man taking the 3rd most shots on a team

Without Kelly, he might of AVG 22 Pts and 10 to 12 boards

When you are sharing the shots its harder to be aggressive

Booker CAN shoot when he wants or anytime he feels the need

Oubre shot the ball whenever he wanted often not in the flow of the offense

Ayton gets to shoot after that

So now I guess he should call out his teammates and force the coach
to call plays for him or demand a trade

Then we can say he's not about winning he only wants money and stats

I prefer he does what he's been doing which is getting better and playing his ROLE

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw a recent pic of Smith. Wow. He could be the picture in the “Why not to skip leg day” poster. He needs a real NBA trainer.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2019018&start=100

wow indeed. Man... he got twigs there. Prob gonna take him a while to hold position with some of the true big boys.

he also doesn’t have a body anything like KG. KG could never put that size up top on his frame.

dude looks like Action Jackson up top, Erkel on the bottom. That’s a crazy physical juxtaposition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Denver runs a lot of offense through Nikola Jokic.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I agree. He is still a really good player, but it is now a bit doubtful he will ever be what we think he can be.

I don't view him as a "bust", but Luka is clearly going to be a generational talent barring injury, while Ayton still has a ways to go to be considered even really good.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Those are not the worst NBA legs I have seen! Wilt Chamberlain literally had two tooth picks to start with. That's why they called him Wilt the Stilt! Kevin Durant had pipe cleaner legs! Bill Russel when he was a rookie was pretty much a stick! LOL! This guy actually has some muscle on those calves!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are not the worst NBA legs I have seen! Wilt Chamberlain literally had two tooth picks to start with. That's why they called him Wilt the Stilt! Kevin Durant had pipe cleaner legs! Bill Russel when he was a rookie was pretty much a stick! LOL! This guy actually has some muscle on those calves!

I think Tyson Chandler had small legs as well.

Everyone, don't be too hard on the rookie!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My junior high history teach had huge calves and couldn't jump to save his life. I wouldn't read too much into it right now.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score

wouldn’t read to much into his leg size, check out max chewning his legs look the same and the dude deadlifts 675lbs and Squats 500lbs. It’s not uncommon for many to have strong legs but basically show little muscle mass or size.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s not just the sticks for legs, it’s also the narrow waist. There’s not a lot there to anchor against bigger Ken routing him out of the post both offensively and defensively and it will likely okay to his detriment rebounding if he can’t hold position (unless he’s funky wild energy dude that studies caromes like Rodman).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It’s not just the sticks for legs, it’s also the narrow waist. There’s not a lot there to anchor against bigger Ken routing him out of the post both offensively and defensively and it will likely okay to his detriment rebounding if he can’t hold position (unless he’s funky wild energy dude that studies caromes like Rodman).
Bo Outlaw had a narrow waist and he held his position in the post well. I think it all goes to your core body strength. I have seen some skinny dudes you couldn't move off their spot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dude should be given points for having an NBA upper body already!!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lean body reminds me of another forward who could put it through the hoop, Amare.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Better to have a developed lower body than upper body in the NBA. Smith has those long long calves, like KD, and then skinny legs and muscled upper body like Tyson Chandler. Being a weight lifter 30 years, I do know that some dudes just cannot seem to put on decent lower body muscle no matter how hard they try. Others have the legs without doing hardly anything. Genetics is a big part, but dude, he should be able to do better than that, especially in the glutes and thighs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heard around the gym

"Hey dude, did you lose weight . . ."

"Yeah thanks . . . "

". . . in your legs?"

Turns and walks away in shame.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Anyone that watched the Golf last week with Charles Barkley, that is a HOF lower body!! Butt could move a mountain!!!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Nah Wilt was a freak in every aspect of the word.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose