Kelly Oubre...

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
I always petitioned Bob Parsons to own the Suns, former owner of Godaddy.com. I worked there while he was the owner, it was the best company i worked for. He treated his employees like gold and spent money for sure to keep his employees happy and I think he would do the same exact thing with the Suns.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always petitioned Bob Parsons to own the Suns, former owner of Godaddy.com. I worked there while he was the owner, it was the best company i worked for. He treated his employees like gold and spent money for sure to keep his employees happy and I think he would do the same exact thing with the Suns.

Dude also owns PXG. For what he charges for golf clubs alone I can see why he's a billionaire.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you leave politics out of it. For God sakes man.

Can you try to read the actual words instead? I'm not making it political. And what's God got to do with it, do you have to make everything about religion? (tit for tat)

The NBA is primarily populated with people that believe Donald is actively racist. It doesn't matter whether he is or not, the perception inarguably exists. And since the Sterling fiasco, the players are far less likely to just go along to get along. An owner perceived to be racist is likely to have a much tougher time building a strong team in today's clime.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Can you try to read the actual words instead? I'm not making it political. And what's God got to do with it, do you have to make everything about religion? (tit for tat)

The NBA is primarily populated with people that believe Donald is actively racist. It doesn't matter whether he is or not, the perception inarguably exists. And since the Sterling fiasco, the players are far less likely to just go along to get along. An owner perceived to be racist is likely to have a much tougher time building a strong team in today's clime.
The NBA is populated by people who care about money bottom line. Angelos doesent have a bad rap.

why anyone right now would be interested in buying a team would be beyond me. The NBA is a league who has had ever increasing lower interest.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is populated by people who care about money bottom line. Angelos doesent have a bad rap.

why anyone right now would be interested in buying a team would be beyond me. The NBA is a league who has had ever increasing lower interest.

If you're talking about the difference between a hundred million dollars or ten, you'd be right but that isn't the case. And ANYONE associated with Donald Trump has a bad rap as far as the NBA is concerned IMO.

But I agree about prospects for team buyers. And not just because of declining popularity (if it exists). This is the worst market to buy a franchise unless an owner is selling it for far less than the paper valuation. And I think an owner or two would have to make that decision and sell for far less before those team valuations would start to mirror reality.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
If you're talking about the difference between a hundred million dollars or ten, you'd be right but that isn't the case. And ANYONE associated with Donald Trump has a bad rap as far as the NBA is concerned IMO.

But I agree about prospects for team buyers. And not just because of declining popularity (if it exists). This is the worst market to buy a franchise unless an owner is selling it for far less than the paper valuation. And I think an owner or two would have to make that decision and sell for far less before those team valuations would start to mirror reality.

I’m sure there is more then a few owners who have some association or voted for trump. The smart ones don’t put there politics out there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure there is more then a few owners who have some association or voted for trump. The smart ones don’t put there politics out there.

Agreed. But Moreno did put it out there - as has the Houston owner which reportedly has something to do with why some players want out.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed. But Moreno did put it out there - as has the Houston owner which reportedly has something to do with why some players want out.
Personally just want someone who cares about the team, for now we have Saver! And I don’t think that is going to change anytime soon.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Personally just want someone who cares about the team, for now we have Saver! And I don’t think that is going to change anytime soon.
Say what you will about Sarver, but he IS a fan of the team. In fact, that was one of the things that people complained about the most during is first 5-10 years of ownership. The problem is, being a fan doesn't necessarily make you good at running it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Say what you will about Sarver, but he IS a fan of the team. In fact, that was one of the things that people complained about the most during is first 5-10 years of ownership. The problem is, being a fan doesn't necessarily make you good at running it.
Look at Daniel Snyder!

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Damn, I just realized that he has owned the team for over ten years now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn, I just realized that he has owned the team for over ten years now.

Feels like an eternity.

When I was out of college I worked at a restuarant that Artie Moreno frequented, he seemed like a good guy, he actually coached a little league team my ex-GF played on as a kid. But... I gotta agree with Steve. Artie Moreno put his politics out in the public and, while I think he'd be a good owner, his political views would cause revolution among many of the players.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
So basically we are saying NBA players are a bunch of intolerant entitled brats and we are all cool with supporting that?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So basically we are saying NBA players are a bunch of intolerant entitled brats and we are all cool with supporting that?
If you want to call black people fighting against racism and for their rights that, it’s your prerogative. I think it’s stupid to do so, but again, you be you.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Politics entering the workplace is a bad thing. It’s not new, but it’s not wise.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What rights dont they have?

That can't be answered without turning this thread into a political discussion which was not my intention when I mentioned Moreno. And, not to be a jerk, but I truly believe that question cannot ever be answered sufficiently to anyone that could ask the question in the first place.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
The fact that you ask this question is all I need to know. Bye!
Lol the fact you wont answer the question is expected. We all know they have the same rights as any other race.

Black balling someone because they support Trump would be a direct result of their intolerance and entitlement. They are brats and you feed it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the fact you wont answer the question is expected. We all know they have the same rights as any other race.

Black balling someone because they support Trump would be a direct result of their intolerance and entitlement. They are brats and you feed it.

Someone clearly doesn't know what black balling means.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone clearly doesn't know what black balling means.
verb (used with object)
to vote against (a candidate, applicant, etc.).
to exclude socially; ostracize:The whole town blackballed them.
to reject (a candidate) by placing a blackball in the ballot box.
noun
a negative vote, especially in deciding on an applicant or candidate.
a black ball placed in a ballot box signifying a negative vote.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose