Welcome Jae Crowder to the Phoenix Suns

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he can instill some toughness and attitude into Ayton I’m all for it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BTW. Jalen Smith said the player he wants most to emulate in intensity and playing style is Kevin Garnett.

Uh. Keep that thought young man.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW. Jalen Smith said the player he wants most to emulate in intensity and playing style is Kevin Garnett.

lol... we already have one big man’s mouth writing that check his ass hasn’t cashed yet. Let’s leave it at one Jalen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What’s wrong with you?
I don't know why he called you grandpa, but I have to agree on the other point We don't know if Jalen can back up his bravado. We DO know right now that DeAndre hasn't backed up his bravado. So I have no problem with Jalen having some confidence. Now he just has to deliver.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why he called you grandpa, but I have to agree on the other point We don't know if Jalen can back up his bravado. We DO know right now that DeAndre hasn't backed up his bravado. So I have no problem with Jalen having some confidence. Now he just has to deliver.

jesus. It’s a joke playing off what Ayton said.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If his legs can develop, I could see the potential for that. In the meantime I would settle for Jonathan Isaac.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Here are Jae's career stats.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Free throws -- 1.5 made per game out of 2.0 attempted. Another 'big' who doesn't draw fouls.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are Jae's career stats.
Free throws -- 1.5 made per game out of 2.0 attempted. Another 'big' who doesn't draw fouls.

He's more like PJ Tucker than he is a post up big. He's only maybe an inch taller than PJ and like Tucker he's physical on the perimeter, he's not the guy you feed the ball to down low. For comparison, PJ has averaged 1.3 attempts per game in his NBA career.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He's more like PJ Tucker than he is a post up big. He's only maybe an inch taller than PJ and like Tucker he's physical on the perimeter, he's not the guy you feed the ball to down low. For comparison, PJ has averaged 1.3 attempts per game in his NBA career.
Not that it is much better, but since he started getting big minutes in 2015 he has made 2.0 of 2.5 and is at 3 attempts per 36 in his career.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it is much better, but since he started getting big minutes in 2015 he has made 2.0 of 2.5 and is at 3 attempts per 36 in his career.

Which is almost double the attempts per 36 for Tucker's career. Not that those kind of numbers for either player mean anything really.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Which is almost double the attempts per 36 for Tucker's career. Not that those kind of numbers for either player mean anything really.
Yeah not really his game. Over the past 4 seasons about 60% of his shots have been threes.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

It's not even "bravado," per se.

It's not like Jalen said that he'll be better than KG or anything of the sort, nor did Jalen say anything about skill or talent.

He just said he wants to be as intense and that he wants to play like KG on the floor, which is a good starting point as any for the young man to aspire to.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1sun thinks hes washed up and a bad signing = Great signing and great player...awesome cant wait!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
My pointing out Jae's not drawing contact (as with Ayton) was not
about him as much as the Suns continuation of their "finesse" DNA.

Or to put it bluntly, wuss basketball in a league that is indeed a
contact sport, especially down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Teams that are physical hardly get called for contact, but the wuss
teams that try to retaliate half-heartedly get penalized. To put it
another way, teams that are expected to be tough get away with
it, while those that aren't get the penalties.

It's like the philosophy, don't ask for permission to break the rules.
Do it, benefit the rewards, then face the consequences -- maybe.

Human nature! It may not be right but, as the saying goes,
there is no gravity -- the earth sucks. :shrug:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
My pointing out Jae's not drawing contact (as with Ayton) was not
about him as much as the Suns continuation of their "finesse" DNA.

Or to put it bluntly, wuss basketball in a league that is indeed a
contact sport, especially down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Teams that are physical hardly get called for contact, but the wuss
teams that try to retaliate half-heartedly get penalized. To put it
another way, teams that are expected to be tough get away with
it, while those that aren't get the penalties.

It's like the philosophy, don't ask for permission to break the rules.
Do it, benefit the rewards, then face the consequences -- maybe.

Human nature! It may not be right but, as the saying goes,
there is no gravity -- the earth sucks. :shrug:

Crowder isn't particularly a finesse player. He's just not a volume scorer that is going to be driving into the lane a whole lot to create contact.

Booker and Paul will do just fine with drawing fouls, but it's Ayton that needs to step up in this area. He will take more shots around the basket than anyone else on the team and needs to figure out how to draw some contact.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
...it's Ayton that needs to step up in this area. He will take more shots around the basket than anyone else on the team and needs to figure out how to draw some contact.
Isn't it up to the coaches to figure out how? Then it's up to Ayton to have the courage to do it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave