Free Agency 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
he is trash and an awful teammate; that’s his market

And yet he would immediately be our best PF by far. Players are starting to take less money to sign with teams other than the Suns. Either the Paul trade was a ruse to sell merch and fool the fans, with no intention of ever competing, or else the Paul acquisition has had the opposite impact of what was hoped, and players actively don't want to come here.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not disagreeing but that’s the situation with Paul’s deal. Where’s the PF he was supposed to bring? If PHX doesn’t make playoffs then the Paul deal was for nothing.

Worse than that. It will have set this team back another 5-10 years.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
So who has money left to throw at Ibaka? Is he going to have to settle for the MLE now?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Augustine and Porter are really the only two player signings that I am jealous of so far (and Harrell somewhat). Hard to compete with the allure of the Bucks (and Clippers) in terms of title contention though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Augustine and Porter are really the only two player signings that I am jealous of so far (and Harrell somewhat). Hard to compete with the allure of the Bucks (and Clippers) in terms of title contention though.

Paul, Booker and Ayton shouldn't be like chopped liver.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Knicks sign Caldwell-Pope.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not chopped liver, but not yet on the Bucks and Clippers level in term of title contention next year.

I think with a couple of moves the Suns could have been very close.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think if we play like the bubble, with the addition of Paul, we should be able to get to the playoffs for sure. Getting past loaded teams like the Lakers is another prospect. We kept needing that consistent 3rd player last year. Oubre and Bridges would have some hot games, but we needed that consistent third guy night in and night out. I think that's going to be the big difference.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Worse than that. It will have set this team back another 5-10 years.
Quite the opposite actually. Paul should help instill a winning culture in Phoenix and is something like 43m coming off the books in 2 years. If anything this is a move that potentially sets us up for years to come.

Have a starting PG that helps you win more games right now and helps our young core players learn what it takes to win consistently in this league and then have money to spend in free agency when his contract runs out.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Didn’t see this one coming. Boston could of had Myles Turner in a sign and trade but got greedy and wanted Warren as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if we play like the bubble, with the addition of Paul, we should be able to get to the playoffs for sure. Getting past loaded teams like the Lakers is another prospect. We kept needing that consistent 3rd player last year. Oubre and Bridges would have some hot games, but we needed that consistent third guy night in and night out. I think that's going to be the big difference.

The Lakers are on another but still the Suns can't be settlers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t see this one coming. Boston could of had Myles Turner in a sign and trade but got greedy and wanted Warren as well.

I wanted Myles Turner when it seemed like a possibility.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't, I think much of our core is still a few years away from being at their peak when a move like this could well vault us into the championship discussion. IMO, the motivation for this move was likely to be a little bit about keeping Booker content but mainly an effort to speed up the development and maturity of Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, our draft pick and even Devin. Or maybe I have those two reasons switched but the point's the same.

I never expected a bottom of the financial barrel owner to bring in any high priced free agents (or even medium priced) in a season destined to be historically loss heavy. I'm all for hoping but I'm not sure why anyone would expect otherwise. And can someone give me the list of great FA's that flocked to a team primarily because Paul was there? I'm sure there's some but I've never heard of him having this kind of drawing power. Paul has the rep of being a great floor leader but he's also one of the most disliked teammates in the league.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn