Free Agency 2020

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know it's a foregone conclusion, but it's a little strange we haven't heard anything about the parameters of the new Anthony Davis deal with the Lakers. Trying to get all these little signings done first I guess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Something like Hill and Hart to Phoenix, Bledsoe and Baynes to NOP, Jrue to Milwaukee. And of course whatever picks there were exchanged between the Bucks and Pels.

then we would still have the MLE to work with.
Lemme make sure I understand this, you think we are going to turn a sign and trade baynes into hill and hart? James jones.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ariza to Mavericks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course the Thunder get draft compensation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not hearing anything about ibaka still, right? Surprised. I’d have thought teams would be on him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC as a contract weigh station and flipping them for first round picks from here to eternity is pretty insane.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC as a contract weigh station and flipping them for first round picks from here to eternity is pretty insane.

To an outsider it might look like they are getting ready to sell the franchise the way they liquidate players into draft picks.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Today was a good day for the Suns.

1. Lots of teams overpaid and now most cap space (non-Knicks division) is gone.
2. Plenty of good players remain available.
3. Suns can offer big rotation minutes to every weight class as well as a chance to play for a winner.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To an outsider it would look like they are getting ready to sell the franchise the way they liquidate assets into draft picks.

I look at it opposite. The Thunder have taken a load of negative/neutral pieces and converted them into balance sheet assets.

The Thunder have one player that is a big asset (SGA). They are wise to collect massive future draft capital from a variety of teams (at least one of whom is likely to fail and yield a draft chip) and tank this year with CADE at the top of the draft and a few other studs as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns haven't had a winning season since 2013–14.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They’re a conduit machine. Just pay the toll of a first rounder and they’ll get a deal done for you. In a rebuild its muy impressive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at it opposite. The Thunder have taken a load of negative/neutral pieces and converted them into balance sheet assets.

The Thunder have one player that is a big asset (SGA). They are wise to collect massive future draft capital from a variety of teams (at least one of whom is likely to fail and yield a draft chip) and tank this year with CADE at the top of the draft and a few other studs as well.

The interesting thing is they have been able to win while accumulating all these assets.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The interesting thing is they have been able to win while accumulating all these assets.
That’s done now with moving Paul and adams and losing Danilo. They will slide back to lottery, where I’m sure they’ll be happy for the short term.