Bucks Bird Takes

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
1) Most of the Cards players looked lifeless, drained & not ready to play until Dhop got drilled with a PF for whatever reason

2) The Oline picked a bad time to have its worst game of the season

3) The “Eraser” is going to be a very good LB.

4) our defense is really poor on opening drives & at end of the half & end game situations. Too many scores & long drives

5) Penalties, penalties, penalties! Teams that are in the bottom 5 in penalties struggle to make the playoffs. It needs to fixed ASAP

6) #21. Do the Cards really want to franchise him for 1 more year? Imo an extension is out of the question. Time to move on

7) yes the Seahags made big time adjustments on Murray

8) our defense needs some new blood fast on the Dline starting in New England.

9) yep that was a PI non call on Fitz

10) the nitpicking & critiquing of every single play, player during & after games constantly has become comical. No wonder the world has gone mad & is upside down lol.

11) despite not playing well, the Big Red still had a shot to pull that game out in the end

12) Why doesn’t this offense attack more in the middle of the field? Hmmm. Between the numbers is where most great teams make their money

13) We need another consistent weapon at WR

14) Happy Thanksgiving everyone & God Bless you & your families

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Losing to Seattle in Seattle by 7 on a short week. I’m not ready to panic

our defense up front needs to get healthy ASAP.
Me either. Watching a bunch of young kids who are already playing with house money IMO lose a game they could have easily won is frustrating, but not life ending IMO.

We need to win the NE, Philly, Giants, and Niners games though. That's 10-6 right there and a sure playoff spot.

Get us in the tourney and anything can happen.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
1) Most of the Cards players looked lifeless, drained & not ready to play until Dhop got drilled with a PF for whatever reason

I think Keim missed the boat when Dunlop was available for the taking and he passed letting Seattle snag him. This was one guy who just needed a change of scenery who still had gas left in the tank. The Hawks got him for a 7th and a backup center. It was well known Dunlop wanted out of Cincinnati before Seattle traded for him.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

4) our defense is really poor on opening drives & at end of the half & end game situations. Too many scores & long drives

5) Penalties, penalties, penalties! Teams that are in the bottom 5 in penalties struggle to make the playoffs. It needs to fixed ASAP

6) #21. Do the Cards really want to franchise him for 1 more year? Imo an extension is out of the question. Time to move on

10) the nitpicking & critiquing of every single play, player during & after games constantly has become comical. No wonder the world has gone mad & is upside down lol.

11) despite not playing well, the Big Red still had a shot to pull that game out in the end

12) Why doesn’t this offense attack more in the middle of the field? Hmmm. Between the numbers is where most great teams make their money

Great observations. What really bothers me is how consistently slow this team starts. They seem to dominate when coming out early and jumping on a team (like vs Washington). To their credit I feel like they’ve generally played well in the 3rd quarter and made necessary halftime adjustments, but why can’t they do this in the first quarter? I’m convinced if we go up 7-0 or 10-0 on Seattle that they would be toast.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great observations. What really bothers me is how consistently slow this team starts. They seem to dominate when coming out early and jumping on a team (like vs Washington). To their credit I feel like they’ve generally played well in the 3rd quarter and made necessary halftime adjustments, but why can’t they do this in the first quarter? I’m convinced if we go up 7-0 or 10-0 on Seattle that they would be toast.

Yes but why when they won the toss they chose to defend?

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
The street free agent DL got eaten up in the run game. The number of Injuries at that position is crazy, and it seems like the rest of the year is going to be a battle just to keep bodies upright there.

Isaiah Simmons needs to play. He is faster hoping on one foot than Hicks.

Peterson was bad. Kirkpatrick was bad. It looks like they need a full reset at CB in the offseason, which ain’t cheap.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Offensively, it really feels like Sweezy is done. If Murray is banged up it might be worth seeing Josh Jones in that spot.

Murray was off because of the shoulder. He didn’t have the fastball.

Christian Kirk should be extended. He looks really good in a solid #2 role now that Hopkins is drawing attention.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The street free agent DL got eaten up in the run game. The number of Injuries at that position is crazy, and it seems like the rest of the year is going to be a battle just to keep bodies upright there.

Isaiah Simmons needs to play. He is faster hoping on one foot than Hicks.

Peterson was bad. Kirkpatrick was bad. It looks like they need a full reset at CB in the offseason, which ain’t cheap.
That is why many of us want the team to draft two CB's with two of our first three picks.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
1)

I thought so too. And I also thought wow, what a sign of disrespect to Larry for not getting the call there. Larry in his prime gets that call. Hopkins likely gets it now if he was the receiver on the play. It's not like the NBA where legend status earns you the benefit of the call 99% of the time.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I cannot describe how disappointing that loss was given the stakes even two days later. Now looking at 3rd place with two against their nemesis the Rams. This is one game compared to Lions, Panthers and Dolphins stings more.

Brutal feeling of Same Ol Cardinals performance to let a reeling team sqeek by for division title.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I cannot describe how disappointing that loss was given the stakes even two days later. Now looking at 3rd place with two against their nemesis the Rams. This is one game compared to Lions, Panthers and Dolphins stings more.

Brutal feeling of Same Ol Cardinals performance to let a reeling team sqeek by for division title.

Was this post directly copied from the Websters definition for Hyperbole?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was this post directly copied from the Websters definition for Hyperbole?
Are you the gate keeper of Hyperboles at Webster's?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
1 warned in advance about that
4&5 coaching still inconsistent
6 wouldn’t pay tag cost but might negotiate new contract
8 too late
9 disagree if you’re talking about pulling Jersey
11 poor coaching. A Lincoln, don’t change horses in the middle of the stream.
12&13 agree
14 ditto

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Why does KK not call more "pinch block, then release drag routes" with our TE's? That blows my mind because we have WR's that can take their DB downfield deep on go routes & out of the play entirely.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
For anyone who thinks we had the maturation of a new offense or talent to be a legit playoff team in merely our second go with this new regime is more guilty of reading the press clippings than anyone in the media who frankly never really watches our games. We have a great yet inexperienced dynamic QB (a guy who gets extra flack from those who still feel their draft opinion is more important to them than their team winning in the long run), the young man needs to be given some benefit of the doubt for where he is right now and not some hyperbole run of Mitchism about him pouting when such people want to scrap the proverbial barrel dry. Sure, point out what he needs to improve on but damn does this forum like to make constant hyperbole statements at the slightest green light. Chill people. I never thought this was a playoff team in the NFC West and thought 8-8 is the proper mark of excellence this year but give this a break

Concerning Kliff? Yeah, his game management can be daunting to endure but he too is acting like a young guy who is frankly a few years away from being able to balance his passion for offense and running a whole team (maybe he should not be a head coach, yet). I think his age is preventing him to lay the hammer down on guys close to his age not being far removed of being a failure as a NFL QB

By all means point out the problems, but let's not act like when there's a problem this makes our rookie of the year QB trash for all intent purposes, same guy who in his second year is running stat wise with the NFL MVP of the last season in Lamar Jackson. Look, Patrick Mahomes is special and Reid is a great guy to bring that forward but let's not judge Kyler by this scale if you have any sense. I'm a Cardinal fan and finally just want a freaking drafted franchise QB which is good and that guy does not have to be a Hall of Famer

I accept the Murray, Kliff critical critiques and especially the Keim draft critiques which are wanting but not the impressionable hyperbole which is turning this forum into a facebook farce

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone who thinks we had the maturation of a new offense or talent to be a legit playoff team in merely our second go with this new regime is more guilty of reading the press clippings than anyone in the media who frankly never really watches our games. We have a great yet inexperienced dynamic QB (a guy who gets extra flack from those who still feel their draft opinion is more important to them than their team winning in the long run), the young man needs to be given some benefit of the doubt for where he is right now and not some hyperbole run of Mitchism about him pouting when such people want to scrap the proverbial barrel dry. Sure, point out what he needs to improve on but damn does this forum like to make constant hyperbole statements at the slightest green light. Chill people. I never thought this was a playoff team in the NFC West and thought 8-8 is the proper mark of excellence this year but give this a break

Concerning Kliff? Yeah, his game management can be daunting to endure but he too is acting like a young guy who is frankly a few years away from being able to balance his passion for offense and running a whole team (maybe he should not be a head coach, yet). I think his age is preventing him to lay the hammer down on guys close to his age not being far removed of being a failure as a NFL QB

By all means point out the problems, but let's not act like when there's a problem this makes our rookie of the year QB trash for all intent purposes, same guy who in his second year is running stat wise with the NFL MVP of the last season in Lamar Jackson. Look, Patrick Mahomes is special and Reid is a great guy to bring that forward but let's not judge Kyler by this scale if you have any sense. I'm a Cardinal fan and finally just want a freaking drafted franchise QB which is good and that guy does not have to be a Hall of Famer

I accept the Murray, Kliff critical critiques and especially the Keim draft critiques which are wanting but not the impressionable hyperbole which is turning this forum into a facebook farce

I'm sorry... you want bash posters for their hyperbole but then turn around and act like the board is claiming Kyler is trash? and people here have no sense and are only judging him next Mahommes? jesus man... pot meet kettle. you're black. how about you ease up on the hypocritical hyperbole of your own before bashing others, ok?

also, do you realize that all the criticisms people are lobbing at Kliff and Kyler are actually about... you know... FOOTBALL. Whereas you just decided to go on a rant against posters?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

So are you saying Keim and Bidwill had a brain fart when they decided to hire Kingsbury because they had grandiose dreams of the offense running wild all over the field scoring 35-45 points a game and gaining 400-500 yards per game? Sort of reminds me of Ralphie.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media