2021 Draft Targets

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe in the 3rd round...

Definitely not before CB & EDGE unless BPA is just way too big

I know some old mocks have him a 3rd round pick but there no way that happens by the end of the season. New mocks have him in the 1st. Size, speed and hands and production is off the charts. Outside of fitz we don't have a big target for kyler.

Agreed we do need a cb and pass rusher. But jones and kennard will be back. And now Reddick if being an effective pass rusher.

I'm not sold on the cb crop this year. Surtain is good, but not sold on the other. DT marvin Wilson could be a good add. Creed Humphrey could take over for Sweeny. Or travis Etienne

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
overseas, thanks. Right now I wouldn't draft for the OL, because of our needs at CB, WR, TE and DL. And I'm assuming that CJ will be good to go, next year.
I understand, different strokes for different folks. What some positions some see as strengths others may see as weaknesses or needs.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody else feel like ILB could lowkey be a need next year? Not in the 1st round, but maybe in the 2nd.

Think Campbell is gonna get paid next year & I don’t want an older Hicks out there next year.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anybody else feel like ILB could lowkey be a need next year? Not in the 1st round, but maybe in the 2nd.

Think Campbell is gonna get paid next year & I don’t want an older Hicks out there next year.
Worse case is you can always use depth. Maybe find a one year wonder like Campbell in FA next year, not sure about this year's ILB draft class.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, it is a need. I think Campbell is over hyped. He's decent, but he's dropped off a bit from first games. I wouldn't want to pay him more than what we are paying him. Hicks is a good leader but limited and who knows what Simmons might be.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This EDGE class is really good. Especially in the first two rounds.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
after two high $ free agent signings in 19 and 20, and, a top 10 pick spent on the position, that would be a giant disappointment if it were
Campbell was only a 1 year deal & I’m still lowkey concerned about Hicks durability & play despite being relatively healthy the past 2 seasons.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Campbell was only a 1 year deal & I’m still lowkey concerned about Hicks durability & play despite being relatively healthy the past 2 seasons.

the team could move on from Hicks, resign Campbell to a multi year deal that reduces the 2021 cap hit from what he is paid now, and slot Simmons next to him. FWIW: this is what i believe will happen

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the team could move on from Hicks, resign Campbell to a multi year deal that reduces the 2021 cap hit from what he is paid now, and slot Simmons next to him. FWIW: this is what i believe will happen

Cutting Hicks next year only saves $3m and burns $6m in dead cap. I don't see the point.

football karma

Reaction score
Cutting Hicks next year only saves $3m and burns $6m in dead cap. I don't see the point.

thats $3m you could use, and, frees the additional $6mm in 2022

with the cap going down, there will be many less than ideal choices to make

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
I am interested in what every would rank as the 3 biggest needs in the offseason?

1. CB, with or without Peterson re-signing
2. Edge, Jones age/injury pretty much makes this a big need no matter what.
3. OG, I think Pugh could be in some trouble for financial reasons and protecting K1 is always important

Those are all difficult positions to address in free agency without big spends.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
thats $3m you could use, and, frees the additional $6mm in 2022

with the cap going down, there will be many less than ideal choices to make
Dead money will be even more important with the cap going down. Minus 6mil to gain 3 is still a net loss. It's something they would have to look at if simmons starts playing more.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Dead money will be even more important with the cap going down. Minus 6mil to gain 3 is still a net loss. It's something they would have to look at if simmons starts playing more.

It's also an issue with all owners being lighter on actual cash heading into the offseason. Cap space is one thing, but after this season they are all going to be light on cash. The super wealthy ones won't care, but it will effect many teams.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What if you traded him? He is a solid player IMO.
There will be a cap hit but less then cutting him
But if u have a 1st round rookie like behind its better listen calls
Hicks hasn't been good with us, many tackles but he is slow and mediocre in coverage

Last edited:

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
There will be a cap hit but less then cutting him
But if u have a rookie like behind its better listen calls
Hicks hasn't been good with us, many tackles but he is slow and several missed tackles, and in coverage is mediocre

The cap hit if you trade him is 6 million. All of his dead money is signing bonus, which the Cardinals will eat.

Likely means he stays.

football karma

Reaction score

dont get me started on sunk cost. the $6mm hits your cap no matter what you do

keep Hicks: use $9mm in cap / he likely is a rotational player

cut Hicks: use $6mm in cap / replaced by minimum rookie or vet ($750k in cap use) / $2.25mm in '21 and $9mm in '22 to spend on different position

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It's also an issue with all owners being lighter on actual cash heading into the offseason. Cap space is one thing, but after this season they are all going to be light on cash. The super wealthy ones won't care, but it will effect many teams.
They're all super wealthy. Cap space may be an issue but cash flow won't. It's just a matter of if they want to spend it.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
They're all super wealthy. Cap space may be an issue but cash flow won't. It's just a matter of if they want to spend it.

Cash flow will be an issue.

Every dollar that is fully guaranteed in contracts is immediately put into escrow.

Many owners rely on revenue to have that "cash on hand".

Bidwill may be worth 1.5 billion, that does not mean he has 60-80 million in cash to put into an account every single year. Revenue will impact spending beyond the cap going down.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For me our draft targets should be the best player available in these positions WR2, Edge, TE, RB, OG

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
For example, in 2020, based on just the bigger moves, Bidwill had to put 147 million cash in escrow.

When the team is your only major revenue stream that is going to sting a little.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am interested in what every would rank as the 3 biggest needs in the offseason?

1. CB, with or without Peterson re-signing
2. Edge, Jones age/injury pretty much makes this a big need no matter what.
3. OG, I think Pugh could be in some trouble for financial reasons and protecting K1 is always important

Those are all difficult positions to address in free agency without big spends.
I'm also hoping for a WR.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave