What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well...... that was something. Still played less than 6 defensive snaps tonight but damn man...... I’ll take it!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVE LOVE LOVE that he made the big play to set up the win. Gotta be a major confidence rebuilder for a guy who was all world in college and might have been doubting himself early in his career.

Awesome. Just awesome W tonight.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOVE LOVE LOVE that he made the big play to set up the win. Gotta be a major confidence rebuilder for a guy who was all world in college and might have been doubting himself early in his career.

Awesome. Just awesome W tonight.

Mmm, the real medicine for his confidence is a new coach, u can't handle a first round pick like Joseph is doing, considering we have an average defense roster
He just played few snaps tonight when normally snaps increasing for a first round pick week by week

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well Simmons should have ran that interception in for 6. He had fresh legs, so disappointed in him.

:sarcasm:

To be honest, I wasn't sure who that was that intercepted the ball at first. So happy for him. Hope that is one of many more great plays.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I said earlier Hicks has been a liability in coverage so far and not very good against the run too
Simmons must play, the management must force the idiot coordinator to play the kid

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well done Isaiah but that was a terrible pass from Wilson. He floated it, it was behind the receiver anyway and was never getting caught and chances are if Simmons doesn't pick it then Thompson does.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something we lack in our front 7 is speed. We look so so slow to close once a completion is make. Simmons needs to play

The problems with Simmons right now he that he is fast of foot but slow to think and the thinking is more important. It's why Vance is only using him in very specific roles with the thinking removed.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problems with Simmons right now he that he is fast of foot but slow to think and the thinking is more important. It's why Vance is only using him in very specific roles with the thinking removed.

That will certainly come along faster with game time. You can only learn so much watching from the bench.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That will certainly come along faster with game time. You can only learn so much watching from the bench.

Agreed but they aren't going to give much game time to a guy who gave up 2 TDs in his first 12 snaps while making a playoff run.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mmm, the real medicine for his confidence is a new coach, u can't handle a first round pick like Joseph is doing, considering we have an average defense roster
He just played few snaps tonight when normally snaps increasing for a first round pick week by week

juza76, I get it, but we're not in that defensive room. I can agree that it's up to VJ to extract and utilize the talents that made I.S. a "no-brainer" pick, but it's incumbent upon the player too, to study, practice well, and not just go out there winging it on Sundays thus hurting the team. I believe he'll get better but I'm not going to come down extra hard on our DC without perhaps hearing more from him on why he's being brought along so slowly. Vance has had two very good games in a row. (the Jets game was okay IMO) so I'm willing to see how things go the next few weeks.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm hopeful the snapcount rises in the upcoming weeks but maybe the shortened off-season played a bigger role than we think? We can speculate a million reasons as to why he's not starting or getting significant snaps but it hurts looking at a team like Carolina with Jeremy Chinn who is starting and balling out for them in a similar role to which we all saw Isaiah in.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
juza76, I get it, but we're not in that defensive room. I can agree that it's up to VJ to extract and utilize the talents that made I.S. a "no-brainer" pick, but it's incumbent upon the player too, to study, practice well, and not just go out there winging it on Sundays thus hurting the team. I believe he'll get better but I'm not going to come down extra hard on our DC without perhaps hearing more from him on why he's being brought along so slowly. Vance has had two very good games in a row. (the Jets game was okay IMO) so I'm willing to see how things go the next few weeks.
Vance Joseph history saying he is not a very good coach, but what I don't trust about him is the use of his personnel
An example, we watched gardeck came in and in a couple of series he put couple of sacks and some pressure, but after that he barely watched the field as pass rusher, he prefers using Fitts who haven't done anything at today
Do u remember when he made Curtis Riley the starter and we saw how he wasn't ready or good to play
I do think he is so infatued with his crappy schematics that make him blind evaluating player talent
I know discipline matter but talent is more important..

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vance Joseph history saying he is not a very good coach, but what I don't trust about him is the use of his personnel
An example, we watched gardeck came in and in a couple of series he put couple of sacks and some pressure, but after that he barely watched the field as pass rusher, he prefers using Fitts who haven't done anything at today
Do u remember when he made Curtis Riley the starter and we saw how he wasn't ready or good to play
I do think he is so infatued with his crappy schematics that make him blind evaluating player talent
I know discipline matter but talent is more important..

Good point. Talent assessment is the key. He hasn't been the best at that and I as well cringe at his moves on occasion. I panic whenever I see Kevin Peterson on the field. And Riley..... Sheez....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose