Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike D'Antoni a candidate to join Steve Nash's coaching staff with Nets.

By Jeremy Chua Clutchpoints:

Former Houston Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni recently emerged as a candidate to land a position in the coaching staff of newly-hired Brooklyn Nets head tactician Steve Nash. Another notable individual potentially included in the mix is Phil Handy who currently serves as an assistant coach to the 2020 NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers, according to Frank Isola.

https://clutchpoints.com/mike-dantoni-a-candidate-to-join-steve-nash-on-nets-staff/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis plans to opt out of contract and re-sign with Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a shocker as Daryl Morey steps down as Rockets GM.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Clippers don’t have a strong voice in that locker room

so they hire the guy that would literally be outside of team huddles while Lebron drew up plays in Cleveland lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers don’t have a strong voice in that locker room

so they hire the guy that would literally be outside of team huddles while Lebron drew up plays in Cleveland lol

yeahhhh... I don’t think this works at all. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Clippers don’t go the way of the early 2000’s Blazers who had a boatload of talent, blew their big shot against the Lakers in that Game 7 in 2000 and then just never kind of recovered.

biggest difference... this Clippers team never even got to take their shot at the Lakers because of their meltdown.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Lue is the new Clippers head coach.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think that's too surprising. The roster was built for D'Antoni and once he was canned it'll be a difficult task to return it to normal for another head coach to compete. Wouldn't surprise me if Harden is moved this offseason or before the trade deadline this upcoming season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's too surprising. The roster was built for D'Antoni and once he was canned it'll be a difficult task to return it to normal for another head coach to compete. Wouldn't surprise me if Harden is moved this offseason or before the trade deadline this upcoming season.

Morey's tweet about Hong Kong didn't help either.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Morey had a analytics based philosophy and a master at maximizing assets... until the last couple seasons. In their desperation to get over the hump they made some moves that went against the methodology that got them to the brink. Stuff like signing Carmelo and trading for Westbrook, players that did not fit the analytics that the team had been built around. They have used up virtually all their trade capital in order to build a roster that seems significantly worse than it was a couple seasons ago.

They really over extended themselves. Virtually all their draft picks for the next SIX years are owed to other teams, they have no cap space for years, James Harden is probably their only asset that would give them a good haul in a trade.

Morey got out while before the ship sank. If the new GM isn't a miracle worker that franchise is about to go down the drain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morey had a analytics based philosophy and a master at maximizing assets... until the last couple seasons. In their desperation to get over the hump they made some moves that went against the methodology that got them to the brink. Stuff like signing Carmelo and trading for Westbrook, players that did not fit the analytics that the team had been built around. They have used up virtually all their trade capital in order to build a roster that seems significantly worse than it was a couple seasons ago.

They really over extended themselves. Virtually all their draft picks for the next SIX years are owed to other teams, they have no cap space for years, James Harden is probably their only asset that would give them a good haul in a trade.

Morey got out while before the ship sank. If the new GM isn't a miracle worker that franchise is about to go down the drain.

While I agree with your analysis I thought Morey might be the one GM to get them out of this mess. I was eagerly awaiting his next move. I guess sooner or later a magician runs out of tricks.

They almost have to trade Harden.

I can't find much on their roster the Suns would want other than Robert Covington.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I agree with your analysis I thought Morey might be the one GM to get them out of this mess. I was eagerly awaiting his next move. I guess sooner or later a magician runs out of tricks.

They almost have to trade Harden.

I can't find much on their roster the Suns would want other than Robert Covington.

He can leave now without having to say he failed to retool the Rockets so I can see why he did it. His resume looks a little better now than if he were fired in a year or he waited another season to step down. He'll be in a much better position with just about any other team in the league. I expect to see him GM elsewhere by 2022.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can leave now without having to say he failed to retool the Rockets so I can see why he did it. His resume looks a little better now than if he were fired in a year or he waited another season to step down. He'll be in a much better position with just about any other team in the league. I expect to see him GM elsewhere by 2022.

Daryl Morey doesn't strike me as one to abandon a sinking ship. I suspect he was nudged towards the door.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockets and NBA lose esteemed scout BJ Johnson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Dinwiddie reportedly to be hired as Executive VP of Basketball Operations for 76ers.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
There are a few other guys, ahem - Kawhi, that could be considered that as of today. But whatever. If you think he's still the best today then more power to you.
Aka load management will get you nowhere. Lebron is the there night after night.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aka load management will get you nowhere. Lebron is the there night after night.

Uh Lebron does plenty of load management.

it’s just his teammates play there role and know he’s the guy that can get them to the promised land.

the Clippers on the other hand have a bunch of role players who think there stars and are on the same level as Kawhi

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Uh Lebron does plenty of load management.

it’s just his teammates play there role and know he’s the guy that can get them to the promised land.

the Clippers on the other hand have a bunch of role players who think there stars and are on the same level as Kawhi
Uh Lebron played 67/71 games (night after night) vs Leonard 57/71 games (load management).
Lebron is on a different level as far as being a leader and knows how to get the most out of teammates. Leonard is a great player but pales in comparison as a leader. Leaders lead by example by playing, not load managing.
As they always say, you’re best ability is your availability. Lebron is still the best player in the league hands down.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Uh Lebron played 67/71 games (night after night) vs Leonard 57/71 games (load management).
Lebron is on a different level as far as being a leader and knows how to get the most out of teammates. Leonard is a great player but pales in comparison as a leader. Leaders lead by example by playing, not load managing.
As they always say, you’re best ability is your availability. Lebron is still the best player in the league hands down.
I agree with everything except your last statement.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I agree with everything except your last statement.

When I say best player, I include results which is the end goal.
There are many great players, but empty stats mean little at the end of the day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose