Cards are bringing in and intend to sign Prince Amukamara

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's better than Dre Kirkpatrick. Let's put it that way, and I don't think Dre is trash.

This may be true — I don't think much of Dre Kirkpatrick, either, but it doesn't mean that either are good in comparison to their peers around the NFL.

I have no problem with the signing, truly. But to be like "Prince Amukamara — that dude's dope! :championship:" is not factual. As I said before, actual quality veteran defensive backs are not available in Week 5 of the NFL season unless they, like, just got paroled or something.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Well you don’t have to worry about him showing people up by making an interception. He was once solid in coverage. He likely has slipped a little but frankly can’t be any worse than what the Cards have. As to playing safety, he’s a fairly big corner, but is not likely tough enough to be effective at safety.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im really starting to think the future of the secondary is a Budda and Murphy as the safeties.

We have got to start getting guys into the positions they will fit best in, and Murphy as a CB is very limited. As a safety, I think he excells.

Simmons is the wildcard...because I think his best spot will be as a SS as well, but he is fast enough to play slot Cb...so we could theoretically put 3 safeties out there and be ok

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This may be true — I don't think much of Dre Kirkpatrick, either, but it doesn't mean that either are good in comparison to their peers around the NFL.

I have no problem with the signing, truly. But to be like "Prince Amukamara — that dude's dope! :championship:" is not factual. As I said before, actual quality veteran defensive backs are not available in Week 5 of the NFL season unless they, like, just got paroled or something.

Pretty sure I wasn't like that K9

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Will the Prince be playing this Sunday? If he does, the Jets would be smart to target him every time he steps on the field.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kinda weird. Maybe it's just a necessity to get him up to speed with the defense and maybe be ready for the Seahawks? He's passed the Covid protocols, right?

I don't think he could sign without passing them. I'm sure it's just so they don't have to make an active roster decision just yet...Probably waiting for CJ confirmation, plus make sure Prince is fully good to go for a game...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
@DVontel - I am going out on a limb and say that this may be your precursor to a Patrick Peterson trade.

Cleveland
Las Vegas
Tennessee
Indy

All teams looking to push themselves into the postseason.

Cleveland could offer Njoku, Ogunjobi, and/or picks.

Las Vegas could offer Gabe Jackson as they will likely cut him in the offseason and have Goode,

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
@DVontel - I am going out on a limb and say that this may be your precursor to a Patrick Peterson trade.

Cleveland
Las Vegas
Tennessee
Indy

Las Vegas could offer Gabe Jackson as they will likely cut him in the offseason and have Goode,

So you are giving up on the season? Trading away our best defensive player for a guy you think tbe raider are going to cut?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cleveland
Las Vegas
Tennessee
Indy

Teams would be nuts to trade for P2. I don't want to get into stats, PFF grades, who he has faced etc but you only have to watch him to see clear as day he simply isn't the same player.

I'm not sure why anyone would trade anything of value for a guy the Cards feel like they can more or less replace with a street pickup. But I hope then do.

The Dallas game is the big test. I expect all 3 of their WR's to feast on P2's carcass.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you are giving up on the season? Trading away our best defensive player for a guy you think tbe raider are going to cut?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

He hasn't been our best defensive player since 2015. Even with CJ out he's still not our best defensive player.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams would be nuts to trade for P2. I don't want to get into stats, PFF grades, who he has faced etc but you only have to watch him to see clear as day he simply isn't the same player.

I'm not sure why anyone would trade anything of value for a guy the Cards feel like they can more or less replace with a street pickup. But I hope then do.

The Dallas game is the big test. I expect all 3 of their WR's to feast on P2's carcass.

Who on the CARDS has ever suggested this?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ive been saying it all year. If you are not willing to sign him to a big money extension, then you need to trade him.

Its how good teams operate. If you want to debate signing him, moving him to safety, or anything else its a different story...but if the organization knows he either wants to test FA, or we are not going to be able to sign him...then you get something of value.

I will take Njouku a 2nd, and a 5th

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think Peterson has played fairly well, considering he is a man corner playing zone all of the time. It's one of the biggest indictment of Joseph's system that he forces pretty much a hall of fame cover corner to play zone when his strength is man. It's the same crap that Wilks did with him, but Bowles/Bettcher did not.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who on the CARDS has ever suggested this?

Yeah based on total Mitchian conjecture, the Cards are looking at getting rid of Peterson!

I'd argue that the Cardinals are looking at the depth behind Murphy and understand they will be in big trouble if Peterson-Kirkpatrick-Murphy gets hurt, and they are preparing for that contingency by bringing in someone who can at least play a little boundary corner.

I'm still annoyed that despite what he showed on the field, the Cardinals cut Chris Jones.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Peterson has played fairly well, considering he is a man corner playing zone all of the time. It's one of the biggest indictment of Joseph's system that he forces pretty much a hall of fame cover corner to play zone when his strength is man. It's the same crap that Wilks did with him, but Bowles/Bettcher did not.

Are they in that much zone? They played all man vs the Jets. Mostly man vs Jets, Skins and Lions. Seemed to me only Panthers had zone to some degree?