Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alykhan Bijani
@Rockets_Insider

·
2m

#Rockets announced that Russell Westbrook underwent an MRI in Orlando for a quadriceps injury. The results revealed a strained quadriceps muscle in his right leg. Westbrook will be out Friday against PHI and his status will be re-evaluated before the playoffs start next week.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why losing TJ isn't as much of an issue as some would like to think. Apparently he's picked up a "not that serious" foot injury against the Rockets in their last game. Lets see how much he'll miss. A "not that serious" foot injury cost him 39 games last season. Until he's no longer on the Pacers injury report, you can't rely on him very much.

https://sports.yahoo.com/indiana-pa...ot-serious-playoffs-miami-heat-035347782.html

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why losing TJ isn't as much of an issue as some would like to think. Apparently he's picked up a "not that serious" foot injury against the Rockets in their last game. Lets see how much he'll miss. A "not that serious" foot injury cost him 39 games last season. Until he's no longer on the Pacers injury report, you can't rely on him very much.

https://sports.yahoo.com/indiana-pa...ot-serious-playoffs-miami-heat-035347782.html

jesus... the argument made most here isn't about losing TJ as a valuable piece of the team. the conversation is that we shouldn't have had to PAY to get rid of him and we should have received something of value in return.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jesus... the argument made most here isn't about losing TJ as a valuable piece of the team. the conversation is that we shouldn't have had to PAY to get rid of him and we should have received something of value in return.

And who was he when he was being dealt? A guy who missed 40 games in a row and had a history of missing an excessive amount of time for minor injuries. Mix that with his skill set and history of being a 1 dimensional scorer who feasted on midrange buckets, which isn't an efficient or sought after trait in today's NBA, and it's not that surprising there wasn't a good return.

Should it have cost us an additional 2nd? No. That was stupid on JJ's part but it happened. When I see him start missing time again in Indiana similar to how he did here though it only tells me that I shouldn't be too upset with the deal that sent him away because these injuries help highlight why his value wasn't what a lot of us would have thought or hoped it was.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaand, somehow after a great unbelievable run, the season still ends with a kick to the freaking nuts in a game we’re not even playing in!

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Aaaaaand, somehow after a great unbelievable run, the season still ends with a kick to the freaking nuts in a game we’re not even playing in!
If the Lakers win I put an asterisk on it. Too scurred to play the suns.

That's how I do. I take every chance I can to hate the Lakers, no pass ups.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If DeAndre Ayton was more aggressive, Lavert would have made that shot.

if DeAndre Ayton wasn’t stupid enough to get suspended for 25 games, we prob have at the VERY LEAST one more win and wouldn’t have needed for Lavert to make that shot.

also, Lavert, you have been KILLING them going to the basket and you settle for that? Damn.

pretty damn exciting end to the season for us tho. Haven’t said that in a decade.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
if DeAndre Ayton wasn’t stupid enough to get suspended for 25 games, we prob have at the VERY LEAST one more win and wouldn’t have needed for Lavert to make that shot.

also, Lavert, you have been KILLING them going to the basket and you settle for that? Damn.

pretty damn exciting end to the season for us tho. Haven’t said that in a decade.
I agree with everything here. I was just trying to find humor in depression.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If DeAndre Ayton was more aggressive, Lavert would have made that shot.
As funny as that is, cheese is right. We lost a LOT of close games for a run. I recall keeping track of games we likely win if Ayton wasn’t suspended. In reality his suspension was a HUGE contributing factor - if not the primary factor - in the suns missing the playoffs this year. And I don’t want to cripple his ego, but someone in a leadership position should gently, but forcefully, make sure he gets that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything here. I was just trying to find humor in depression.

nah! We had a great run to end the season and who knows... maybe we win the lottery (in a terrible draft!).

Besides, coulda been worse. Lavert’s shot could have gone in, we could have gone to the play in game, take an 18 point early third quarter lead and then be up 2 with 3 seconds left and lose on a wide open 3 at the buzzer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ Warren our with plantar fasciitis. THATS what I forgot about TJ. The injuries—almost constantly.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Arturas Karnisovas makes the change on Boylen and will start a search right away for his replacement. Among many expected to be considered: Denver assistant Wes Unseld, Jr., former Brooklyn coach Kenny Atkinson; Toronto assistant Adrian Griffin; Bucks assistant Darvin Ham.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So after bubble playoffs when will the new season begin? Next October. ...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man today is such a meh day keep thinking what could have been plus had hard time falling zzz last night i would rather nets just have been blown out than miss a last 2nd stupid jump shot i mean drive to.the basket least try to get a foul ...

Still amazing effort and hopefully don't have to wait long till next ye

Really like booker maturity raise as a leader

Had a good fa solid rookie things could look brighter in 2021

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose