CK In Cardinal Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Kent Somers,posted that the cardinals should at the very least give CK a serious look.
Sorry but I’m of the opinion he’d be a absolute cancer in the locker room.
We’re set at That position.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Completely disregarding politics or locker room compatibility, he's a 32 year old QB whose skill was predicated on athleticism, and has been out of football for longer than most players' careers last. He had been removed as a starter before politics were involved with his image.

The media circus would be challenging, just like how I think Tim Tebow should have had more of a chance in the NFL, but he couldn't stop the circus.

I would have no personal problems letting him come in and compete for a job.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kent Somers,posted that the cardinals should at the very least give CK a serious look.

don’t know if you’ve noticed but the majority of the players on the team are black. I know shocking right and what’s even more shocking is they all pretty much agree with him.

now there is the whole question of him not being good at football thing

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Wasn’t aiming at anything politically, my thought is that he’s a prima Donna that would be expecting a immediate shot at the starting job which with his extended time off makes him rustier than a old hinge.lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kapernick had no freaking clue how to read a defense and that trait being out of football sure the hell is not going to suddenly come to fruition. The last thing you want is a guy turning the ball over as your backup when the goal is then to have the team find a way to scratch out a win. Kapernick is not a very good QB, and Hundley is actually better than him with his younger athletic ability and awareness to manage a game... sorry, as a player he's still the Krapper we all know and luv

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Lol how about bringing back Tebow, maybe kick the tires on vince young, Kaep has been done

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All I KNOW is that CK would be a much better backup than Cam. With Cam, who is a much better player than CK, Kyler would be constantly looking over his shoulder. With a few ints, fans would be calling for Cam, and imo, that would affect KM's development. Wouldn't be that way with CK. Remember that CK took a team to a Super Bowl and did well the following year, also. Now some are saying that he can't read defenses. Give me a break. Or he'll be a cancer in the locker room. I don't think so. My question is how does he compare to Huntley, since he's been out of FB for a while, and might be more expensive.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always been open to bringing in Colin Kaepernick, especially as a backup quarterback, but he hasn't played since 2016. If the Cardinals want to take a look sure.

I was sort of hoping Cam Newton would be that guy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think he needs to go to Baltimore. His best years were with Greg Roman and if possible, he should take a discount to go there.

Not only would he be a good backup, probably better than RGIII, he would also be able to push more social justice issues in DC if he was just 30 minutes north on I-295.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Don't worry about it.

He has no interest in actually joining an NFL team.

But anybody that actually thinks he can be a productive NFL player has a really short memory. The guy was beat out by Blaine Gabbert, and hasn't played for 4 years.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But anybody that actually thinks he can be a productive NFL player has a really short memory. The guy was beat out by Blaine Gabbert, and hasn't played for 4 years.
This is what I'm saying also.

Is really hard to believe that all of a sudden he would be the guy he was in his productive years. He was declining when he left and has been out of the game for a long time for a professional football player, let alone a QB that has to be razor sharp to play at NFL speed.

Look at how many college QB's are unable to catch on.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somers seems to have no clue regarding the Cardinals recently, or he is still in 2015

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just looked it up, his career earnings were $43 million. He doesn't really need to work anymore. He has become a voice for the Black Lives Matter movement and has been active in different causes. I'm not sure that he really wants to play football anymore.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pass - maybe he would have helped a few years ago but not playing for four years and we have a back up.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thank you. He is way overrated. The Cardinals read him like a book in the last season he played and picked him apart.

Plus he wants to be a starter and get paid like one. That ain't happening!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ideally, we should be 3-deep in talent at every position. Possibility of injuries keeps me up at night. I'd like us to be three-deep at QB on the roster with guys who give us at least a shot at winning half their games. I'm also not totally sold on Hundley as our #2.

I wouldn't be opposed to at least giving CN or CW the opportunity to prove they could fit in at #3 or even #2. I'd even go so far as to treat each guy as "just another backup QB" and totally ignore their politcs or ethnicity (Athletically, they've got to prove they can get the job done).

Lockerroom acceptance will be a potential 800 lb gorilla and will have to be considered...unless it doesn't.

Bottom line - Only consideration should be: "athletically or in terms of intangibles, can the dude help us win."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am not sure what is up with CK overall. I was in Northern Nevada when he played ball up there, and he clearly had a very strong arm. He came out to throw a first pitch at a baseball game up there, and without warming up threw a 90+ MPH fastball. CK looks to pass the eye test of staying in shape. I just wonder why? He could go back to baseball if he wanted. He could have played in another football league if he really loves the game that much. He has basically done nothing sports wise since 2016. I just don't think he has the drive or desire you want in football player right now. I want an alpha that wants to win games! I don't have any doubts about him physically. I just doubt the mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson