What lesser respected Cards player did hate to see leave the Cards

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Corey Peters is superior in every sense.

As a clogger, I dont think so, but Peters actually gets some push.

Peters is easily the most underrated Cardinal right now. You'll read posters on this board say things like: the Cardinals need 3 new starters on the DL.

Patently false. Peters is a really good defensive lineman who wins his battle on most snaps. Last year I specifically watched him and I was amazed how often he pushed the center back 3 yards.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CC, mainly because of our stupid cap management. We could have kept him with an hometown discount.

we had a choice pay Chandler Jones or pay CC. We made the right choice

and why on earth would CC take a hometown discount when the Jags offered him pretty much twice what we were offering and way more than Micheal Bennet at the time.

would you take less money to do your job?

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I feel like the overwhelming majority of you didn’t read the title...

With that said, Kerwynn Williams and Blaine Gabbert.

Right.....the question was about lesser known, lesser respected, or lesser thought of players. Now, those who did not get it, you all can stay after class and dust off the blackboards.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Pat Tillman to the Rangers probably doesn't apply.

I was upset when we let Mark Smith go, as I thought Calais was too goofy to play anywhere on the DL as his replacement.
Felt we gave up on Kyle Vanden Bosch too soon, despite his early injuries.
Steve Breaston is another good pick for this category.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is tough to argue "lesser known" on a board of dudes who know so much about the Cardinals.

Karlos Dansby qualifies IMO as he was never a huge name outside of AZ.
Bobby Massie
John Brown (though I understand the narrative is medical reasons even though I don't understand it completely. Essentially how humidity or a lack thereof impacts the disease.)

Simeon Rice
Jake Plummer (edit: I guess he had a long enough...still tough IMO)
Leonard Davis

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thomas Jones
Anquan Boldin
Leonard Davis
Calais Campbell
Simeon Rice
Karlos Dansby
Aeneas Williams
Tyrann Mathieu

You can make an argument that these players could have all been Ring of Honor guys (some of them still are) if the Cardinals could have figured out a way to not alienate them in some way or another. And this is just recent history.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As far as lesser players, the safety from Alabama that went to the titans (rashad Johnson?). He lacked athleticism but if I recall correctly teammates highly lauded his mental game. Granted we were overstocked with safeties at that time. But that was short lived.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As far as lesser players, the safety from Alabama that went to the titans (rashad Johnson?). He lacked athleticism but if I recall correctly teammates highly lauded his mental game. Granted we were overstocked with safeties at that time. But that was short lived.

Guy knew how to set the secondary protection schemes and I saw him as a more important fixture for success than Tony Jefferson... what hampers a defense is when a offense can get freebies from busted coverages and you do not have to have exemplary athleticism if you are at the right place

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

College coaches usually hype their players, but I remember Nick Saban saying the Cards just got the best defensive back in all of college football in Rashad Johnson. Solid guy, imo.

Tim McDonald is up there. Man, I was bitter when he left.