UDFA Tracker

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Buyer beware.

Each year, a few of our UDFA "signings" turn out to be bogus.

We'd be well advised to keep our panties dry and wait for the official release from Cardinal Hq.

That said - looks like a pretty salty group.

You are right, it ain't official till the Cards make it an official release.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greatest WR prospect class of all time...

We dont even sign the UDFA guys. Quartney Davis is going to make the Cowboys roster.

Im not surprised. We took 3 last year and signed Hopkins.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I realize it. Fitz is a below avg starter at this point. Kirk is avg no 3. Without Hopkins we would be one of the worst receiver groups.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

He's wrong on both counts. WR3's get you 300-400 yards a year. 500 tops.

Kirk (baring injuries) would have had 800+ both years.

And for the last 2 years, with having rookie QB's especially, teams have been doubling Fitz a bunch forcing Rosen and Murray to find Byrd, Cooper, Tolliver, Sherfield etc

The signing on Hopkins not only adds his talent to the mix, but changing the whole picture for the rest of WR's.

Kirk has been picking up CB1 on the outside, now he's getting CB2's. The CB2's and safeties that are doubling Fitz, now he's getting slot CB's only because they can't afford to double him.

Add in the mix of Isabella's over the top speed or Butlers size and this is going to be fun to watch.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And for the last 2 years, with having rookie QB's especially, teams have been doubling Fitz a bunch forcing Rosen and Murray to find Byrd, Cooper, Tolliver, Sherfield etc

The signing on Hopkins not only adds his talent to the mix, but changing the whole picture for the rest of WR's.

Kirk has been picking up CB1 on the outside, now he's getting CB2's. The CB2's and safeties that are doubling Fitz, now he's getting slot CB's only because they can't afford to double him.

Add in the mix of Isabella's over the top speed or Butlers size and this is going to be fun to watch.
Yes, Kirk last year was an average #2 and Fitz was a below average #1 last year.

Like 2013 and 2014 Larry suffered 2018 and 2019 from bad QB play or a Rookie that had to figure it out. Despite being in the slot, Larry got doubled and sometimes trippled in the red zone. And when Kirk was out, Fitz got even the #1 CB on him sometimes in the slot.

But now with Hopkins, this will be a different scenario, I wouldn't be surprised if KM has a 5000+ yard passing season and a 6k pass/rush season. With Nuk, Fitz and Kirk all over 1k yard.

Because now you can only double Fitz or Nuk, because if you double both, kirk, an other WR,RB or TE will eat you alive, because Fitz and Nuk can set a block and the guys that double them, can't help to stop the free WR/RB/TE.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kirks yardage has been more a function of his opportunity, not his skill in taking advantage of it.

We will see on him, but I have seen him drop too many passes he should of made something out of to trust him at all.

It says something to me about what Kyler thinks of him that he is openly wishing for CeeDee even after we got Hopkins as well.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
There are more UDFA, but i have found only the below with some write-ups.

*TE Ryan Becker, SMU (6-5, 248). Mostly a blocker and special-teams standout in college where he had just 16 career catches. Last season, he had four receptions for 30 yards with one touchdown. In high school at Marble Falls, Tex., was a roper in rodeo events. Once asked how his teammates would describe as a player, Becker said, “Fierce competitor, wired different, a tough player, someone who never quits.”

*T Jake Benzinger, Wake Forest (6-7 295). Started 13 games at right tackle last season (1,111 snaps) and had 40 starts in his career including his last 39. Was honorable mention All-ACC in 2019 and was on the Dean’s List and an Academic All-America selection.

*DE T.J. Carter, Kentucky (6-4, 289). Started 12 games last season and had six sacks during his career. He tweeted, “I’m undrafted and I love it. I faced a lot of adversity last year but it prepared me for what needs to get done. My fire is even bigger and I can’t wait to get down to @AZCardinals!!”

*G/T Jackson Dennis, Holy Cross (6-7 308). Played tackle in college where he had 11 starts last season and played in 50 career games.

*G Andrew Dickinson, Findlay (6-3, 308). Started 46 games in four seasons at the Ohio university.

*S Reggie Floyd, Virginia Tech (6-0, 222). Started 34 games in his career and recorded 222 tackles, 14 for loss and five interceptions. Last season, he wore jersey No. 1 as picked by teammates for a player that embodied work ethic. Shortly after the draft, he tweeted, "I want to thank the Cardinals organization for taking a chance with me and you will not forgot it!!!!!. For everyone else you in trouble now I’ll never forget it. #BrickByBrick"

*G Steve Gonzalez, Penn State (6-4, 341). In three seasons, he started 42 games and last season was voted second-team All-Big 10.

*TE Parker Houston, San Diego State (6-3, 250). All-Mountain West as a senior when he had a career-high 18 receptions. Known mostly for his lead blocking ability.

*WR Shane Leatherbury, Towson (5-11, 190). He had 12 touchdowns last season, five of which came in a 56-7 victory over Bucknell on Oct. 21, tying a school record. For the season, he had 52 receptions for 667 yards and 199-1,552-19 in his career. Towson’s quarterback was Tom Flacco, brother of Joe Flacco, currently an NFL free agent after being released in March by the Broncos.

*CB Zane Lewis, Air Force (6-1, 190). A cousin of former NFL CB Shawn Springs, Lewis started his final 24 games at the academy. Last season, he had an interception and 15 passes defensed. He reportedly received a $20,000 signing bonus.

*DE Adam Shuler, Florida (6-3, 275). Started his college career at West Virginia, then played as a graduate transfer at Florida where he started 23 games in two seasons and compiled 9.5 tackles for loss and 6.0 sacks. Had 19.5 tackles for loss in his career. Was on the Florida track team where he threw the discus. Probably undersized to be an end in a 3-4 defense.

*RB Jonathan Ward, Central Michigan (6-0. 202). Had two solid seasons and two with little production in college. Last season, Ward rushed for 1,108 yards and 15 touchdowns, averaging 6.1 yards per attempt. For his career, totaled 2,544 yards and 28 touchdowns. Also caught 98 career passes for 909 yards and another four scores.

*CB Jace Whittaker, Arizona (5-11, 185). GM Steve Keim talked about liking to add players from Arizona and he was able to do it with Whittaker, who came back from a junior year in which he missed most of the season because of an elbow injury to have three interceptions in 2019 in 12 games. He started 32 games in his career with seven interceptions.

*CB Jarren Williams, Albany (5-10, 187). Of his 46 tackles last season, 34 were solo, and he had three tackles for loss. Scored a touchdown on a 63-yard interception return.

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/gm-report/undrafted-free-agents-agree-to-terms

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
+1

We are thin at TE
Let Simmons line up there too. He came into college as a WR. I am sure he could play the position. Ha!

I do think the importance of the tight end position in the Patriots 20 year reign is under-appreciated.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kirks yardage has been more a function of his opportunity, not his skill in taking advantage of it.

We will see on him, but I have seen him drop too many passes he should of made something out of to trust him at all.

It says something to me about what Kyler thinks of him that he is openly wishing for CeeDee even after we got Hopkins as well.
.......That Kyler just wanted to reunite with his buddy?

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
  • Zane Lewis, CB, Air Force
  • Jake Benzinger, OL, Wake Forest
  • Jace Whittaker, CB, Arizona
  • Jarren Williams, CB, Albany
  • Steven Gonzalez, OL, Penn State
  • T.J. Carter, DL, Kentucky
  • Reggie Floyd, S, Virginia Tech
  • Jonathan Ward, RB, Central Michigan
  • Andrew Dickinson, OL, Findlay
  • Jackson Dennis, OL, Holy Cross
  • Ryan Becker, TE, SMU
  • Adam Schuler, DE, Florida
  • Reggie White, DE, Kansas State
  • Jojo Ward, WR, Hawaii
  • Shane Leatherbury, WR, Towson
  • Rashad Medaris, WR, Cincinnati
  • Sirgeo Hoffman, RB, Portland State
  • Parker Houston, TE, San Diego State
  • Jermiah Braswell, WR, Youngstown State
  • Bejour Wilson, CB, Liberty

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
.......That Kyler just wanted to reunite with his buddy?

Plus KM was asked if he would want the Cards to draft CeeDee so he said what any other QB would say, yes I would like that. What's he going to say, "that would be a mistake because we need help on Defense" or "nope, my oline sucks so SK better get me some help there".

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s clear the Cards were concerned about their CB depth as their best UDFAs appear to be there.

Zane Lewis. This cousin of Shawn Springs is not a ball hawk only making 2 interceptions. Incredibly he returned both 99 yds for pick sixes. Oddly he’s mostly solid at breaking up passes due to solid body control and agility. He has a good height to speed ratio but sometimes gets nervous and commits penalties. He’s also not strong enough to press. This concern also produces some weak tackling efforts. This is a high effort player who seems very teachable. If he can build self confidence and his core strength, he might be a find and a decent NFL player. There’s a new service exemption program that Lewis has applied to get passed the military obligation.

Jace Whittaker. This is a name well known to many of those on the board. He’s one of those undersized players who does well in college but will struggle to transition to the NFL. He’s a bit of a ballhawk who always comes ready to play. He’s fun to watch as he reminds me of my little dog who thinks he’s several times bigger than he is. Long shot special teams contributor.

Jarred Williams. I know only one weird thing about this guy. Similar to Lewis he returned his only interception for a TD.
They could have acquired another 7th rounder and took Luq Barcoo, Lavert Hill or Lamar Jackson.

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
I can’t believe that no one is talking about the Cards bringing in REGGIE WHITE!!! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can’t believe that no one is talking about the Cards bringing in REGGIE WHITE!!! [emoji16]

there was a titled post, not a good read...

busy person you are, must be a signup bonus I missed

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Interested in this schuler kid. Drop 10 pounds and develop as an oslb. Practice squad the dude and see if he can move in space, cuz at his size he should be able to set the edge.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It’s clear the Cards were concerned about their CB depth as their best UDFAs appear to be there.

Zane Lewis. This cousin of Shawn Springs is not a ball hawk only making 2 interceptions. Incredibly he returned both 99 yds for pick sixes. Oddly he’s mostly solid at breaking up passes due to solid body control and agility. He has a good height to speed ratio but sometimes gets nervous and commits penalties. He’s also not strong enough to press. This concern also produces some weak tackling efforts. This is a high effort player who seems very teachable. If he can build self confidence and his core strength, he might be a find and a decent NFL player. There’s a new service exemption program that Lewis has applied to get passed the military obligation.

Jace Whittaker. This is a name well known to many of those on the board. He’s one of those undersized players who does well in college but will struggle to transition to the NFL. He’s a bit of a ballhawk who always comes ready to play. He’s fun to watch as he reminds me of my little dog who thinks he’s several times bigger than he is. Long shot special teams contributor.

Jarred Williams. I know only one weird thing about this guy. Similar to Lewis he returned his only interception for a TD.
CBS and I rarely agree on anything prospect-wise but this time we do. In an article on each team’s best UDFAs they wrote, “Arizona's cornerback room could use a bit of depth. Patrick Peterson will not be able to play forever. Whittaker played just down the road. He accumulated three interceptions each of the past two years. Air Force cornerback Zane Lewis is another promising talent. He possesses the size that teams covet on the edge.”

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have a really young secondary at this point.

I would imagine if we need another one...we will need to sign a veteran.

PP21
Alford
Budda (3rd year)

Then a bunch of youngsters.
Hope alford stays healthy this offseason....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about top five, but feel we're better than Denver, and it's not even close.

Yep, I'm in the Denver area now and they needed Jeudy to fall to them because their WR room cupboard was bare.

You ask any Denver area fan which WR room they would rather have and 9/10 would say AZ right now.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yep, I'm in the Denver area now and they needed Jeudy to fall to them because their WR room cupboard was bare.

You ask any Denver area fan which WR room they would rather have and 9/10 would say AZ right now.
Denver has much more future and potential with Sutton and Jeudy but if you are saying just for one year I’d rather have our guys no doubt about it.