The Athletic

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was trying to talk myself out of Brown the more I realized his value... that his presence would take away from the opponents playbook.

I like safe choices and I think Brown is one of those along with some other offensive and defensive lineman.

Don't want the Cardinals to get cute.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
poo even

8. Simmons
72. Harrison

would be a fire complementary inside duo

hit the bricks, Hicks

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Simmons would be a game changer, others at 8..not so much, seems to be a lot of detractors..even quite a few on Okuduh. Brown, not sold on if we can trade back..

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds like the Chargers could be the wild card in this and take Simmons instead of a QB. If only 1 QB goes before our pick I’m going to be pissed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here rin the Northeast, most of the buzz centers on Panteras and Cards shopping their pick (#7 &/or #8).

Personally, I'd be happy if we drafted Okudah, Brown or Simmons, and if gone, trading down to where I could get one of the 4 OT's or 2 WR's or maybe Kinlaw.

There may be a few other targeted guys (like Henderson or Ruggs III) but we don't know what the Cardinal board looks like. Trade might have to wait till just before we pick on Draft Night.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'd be a very happy fan tomorrow. For me, it goes:

1. Simmons/Brown
2. Top 2 OT
3. Okudah
4. Remaining 2 OTs
5. Disappointment
To be honest with a ya I’d trade PP for that #3 pick straight up if Okudah were available.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
To be honest with a ya I’d trade PP for that #3 pick straight up if Okudah were available.
Well, we disagree there. I think in the short term, in Kyler's window, I want the sure thing. I'm only for Okudah as an insurance policy for both Peterson and Alford. I don't think Murphy is really capable of being a team's #1 CB.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I listen to the local sports talk shows here in Phoenix and they all are in totally agreement with you. They have ex-NFL football players on their shows that watch game film, they all say that if Okudah, Simmons or Brown are available, the Cards should take any of them and not trade down.

So this means it's almost a guarantee that Keim will pull some sort of trade to move down and we end up without a top notch player. Because it's what Keim does.

Reaction score
Not a chance. I’m not worried about the player, I’m more concerned about the DC effectively using him & others.

If this team is building to win a World Championship, it’s likely going to occur with somebody other than VJ as the DC.

His schemes are righteous & stink like good old skunk weed. His track record speaks volumes imo

Wut?

Just messing with you Bucky. :)

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think everything hinges on Carolina as to whether Simmons makes it to us.

Unless the Giants have a big gap on their 2nd best tackle and go for Simmons instead.

Totally agree with this. Do they move to replace Kuechly with Simmons or do they look to a DLine player to fill those loses? If they bypass Simmons he's probably there for the taking at #8.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, we disagree there. I think in the short term, in Kyler's window, I want the sure thing. I'm only for Okudah as an insurance policy for both Peterson and Alford. I don't think Murphy is really capable of being a team's #1 CB.
What’s the quality of the “sure thing” though?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t want to see any blame put on Vance if Simmons underperforms.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What’s the quality of the “sure thing” though?
Yeah, I know you don't like Peterson, but especially in a shortened offseason, a ready-to-play CB has more value to me than removing him just to replace him with someone who might struggle as a rookie.

It doesn't mean I'm anti-Okudah, just not a fan of trading PP21 to do it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I know you don't like Peterson, but especially in a shortened offseason, a ready-to-play CB has more value to me than removing him just to replace him with someone who might struggle as a rookie.

It doesn't mean I'm anti-Okudah, just not a fan of trading PP21 to do it.
I agree with the ready to play CB in a shortened offseason statement, but only if that CB was still good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn