My Evals

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I've said this before, but just in case. I still watch too much football but I only do a professional eval if one of my old fellow evaluators asks me to view a prospect. I’m happy to answer what I can on the board, but I do lean on my contacts for some of the info. They typically ask me not to quote them as someone is usually paying for their exclusive info. I do also use some Net guys. I think my history on the board assures you it’s quality info. That does not mean it’s always right. No one bats 1000. We all work hard and try to be as objective as posdible. I remember interviewing JaJauan Dawson in an All Star locker room after he’d just played a great game and I really wanted to give him a great write up. He was a terrific guy. He did get drafted but sadly drowned a few years ago. It’s hard to meet these guys and not care about some.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
So Murray out of Oklahoma has drawn some interest on this board. What's the take on him. What's his cover ability? Who would you draft on day three at WILB? Can Troy Dye - Oregon play that spot?

And who do you see as the top 3/4 Edge LB after Simmons? Chaisson, Gator-Matos, Baun...??

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So Murray out of Oklahoma has drawn some interest on this board. What's the take on him. What's his cover ability? Who would you draft on day three at WILB? Can Troy Dye - Oregon play that spot?

And who do you see as the top 3/4 Edge LB after Simmons? Chaisson, Gator-Matos, Baun...??
Thumper. Lots of Hicks in his game.

Not the most fluid hips, will have problems in coverage. Also like Hicks. In short.... I'm a fan, but only so far. And not in the top 20.

There is a guy with some character issues from the SEC. Last name is Gay. I think he would be my 3rd or 4th round choice for WILB if he is there after Simmons.

but he would have to check out with the character stuff of course.

Edit: Willie Gay Jr.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/willie-gayjr.?id=32194741-5961-6560-4c22-a878a997faab

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

I love Murray. He gets fooled by play action at times but his motor and speed enables him to overcome his false steps. He’s a 3 down backer who could help against TEs. Once he gets coached up he’ll be a terror. He’s exactly who you want inside. Not the biggest need but this guy will play in the NFL for 10 years. Dye can play there. He’s decent against the pass and the run but needs to be coached up, likely takes a year. Simmons is so much more than an edge rusher. He’s separate from this group. Chaisson is next, but he’s no lock to succeed. Gator-Matos has more upside than Chaisson but not as ready to help now. Throw out the Braun drug stuff, no one cares. However he tries to speed rush outside too often and just gets pushed behind the pocket. Epenesa has a great motor and over the course of a game simply wears out the tackle blocking him. By the 4th quarter he’s a force that’s hard to stop.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Harry - thx as always for the best draft intel. Any reservations taking Becton? Are McKinnie comps fair? Any bust potential?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Davis -Gaither reminds some of Simmons. I see the resemblance but he’s not nearly as polished. Appy St can only do so much with coaching at this point. He could well go in round 2 just based on potential. There may be a monster in there waiting to be released. There’s not much missing in raw talent. He’s got a great motor. His agility allows him to shed blockers easily. He seems to flow with the play. He has a deadly first step in pursuit or when blitzing.

He must learn to leverage his strength to be effective in the NFL. There was concern about a stress fracture of his foot. I’m told the medicals are fine. He’ll likely play OLB, but may be a better fit in a 4-3, but he can be effective in a 3-4 as well, however he’ll have to improve his tackling.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry - thx as always for the best draft intel. Any reservations taking Becton? Are McKinnie comps fair? Any bust potential?
I’m good with Becton at 8 if they’re determined to take a tackle and Wirfs is gone. He played both sides in college and was equally effective. We’ve never seen someone his size produce such an athletic set of Combine results. There are legitimate concerns about him keeping his weight down. He also doesn’t have a killer motor. That said with his strength just standing there slows rushers. It’s a long way around him. McKinnie proved he could do it. They’re similar but only time will tell if they’re comparable.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry, thanks so much for responding and adding your expertise to these requests. This draft will be one of the most interesting ever and will most likely have record braking viewers. What is you gut feel on who the Cards will pick at #8?

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
Harry

Murray's knock last year before the draft was that he had a great OL

Ok so who's available that would be worth a look? To me I haven't seen any hype on anyone on the Sooners OL.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry, thanks so much for responding and adding your expertise to these requests. This draft will be one of the most interesting ever and will most likely have record braking viewers. What is you gut feel on who the Cards will pick at #8?
The multi-million dollar question. First we have to guess who will be available. Clearly Young is gone before 8. There figures to be lots of juggling among the top 6. When the dust settles I figure Okudah is taken. Some think Brown which I did early on but that's not what I’m hearing now. I ink the Cards pass. If Simmons somehow slides through I don’t see how you pass on him. However, I now absolutely believe the Cards will trade down. I’d guess they trade with Tampa and hopefully Tampa takes Wills. Lamb will get grabbed by Oakland as fast as they can write his name. The Cards would take Thomas. If he’s gone I’d say Kinlaw.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Not certain who you read or spoke with, but stop. They’re misleading you. Murray’s best lineman was Creed Humphrey G/C would likely goes round 1 next year. No one else is clearly worth drafting.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The multi-million dollar question. First we have to guess who will be available. Clearly Young is gone before 8. There figures to be lots of juggling among the top 6. When the dust settles I figure Okudah is taken. Some think Brown which I did early on but that's not what I’m hearing now. I ink the Cards pass. If Simmons somehow slides through I don’t see how you pass on him. However, I now absolutely believe the Cards will trade down. I’d guess they trade with Tampa and hopefully Tampa takes Wills. Lamb will get grabbed by Oakland as fast as they can write his name. The Cards would take Thomas. If he’s gone I’d say Kinlaw.
I think Lamb or a falling QB will be the ones in demand at eight. Teams will either make an offer for one of them or we take Lamb. Wills/Wirfs will also be in play. Becton can be had in a trade back.

If we take Lamb We can take a decent OL to groom if a good one falls to 72. If not a project likely in the 4th.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Harry thanks for getting back to me. Tampa's pick is #14 so one of the top 4 OTs should be there and possibly one of the top 3 WRs. I do agree with you that it really depends on who is still one the Board when they pick. However, I would hate to see them pass on Lamb.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I’m good with Becton at 8 if they’re determined to take a tackle and Wirfs is gone. He played both sides in college and was equally effective. We’ve never seen someone his size produce such an athletic set of Combine results. There are legitimate concerns about him keeping his weight down. He also doesn’t have a killer motor. That said with his strength just standing there slows rushers. It’s a long way around him. McKinnie proved he could do it. They’re similar but only time will tell if they’re comparable.

Thanks. Any thoughts on Eno Benjamin? Watching him over the years, he's shown to be really effective both as a runner and a pass catcher. He's also a leader. I'd be ok with a 4th or 5th.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Ok Harry here ya go. Thoughts on these guys I really like & are intrigued by being possible Cards picks you’ve not mentioned yet. Thanks for your input

Wrs
Michael Pittman
Van Jefferson
Devin Duvernay

RBs
Eno Benjamin
Darryton Evans

Edge
Curtis Weaver
Bryce Sterk
Zack Baun

ILB
Evan Weaver
David Woodard
Malik Harrison

CB
Amik Robertson
Michael Ojemidia

Sorry if it’s too many, not trying to be greedy lol

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Pittman is the strongest of your WR group and figures to be a reliable possession receiver. Sadly that duplicates what they have. The other 2 would be fourth receivers at best. Of the RBs Benjamin is a hard nose runner who could help on short yardage. Baun is you best edge rusher. He figures to mostly be a passing down player but should get home sometimes. Decent role player. Harrison will be tough against the run. However, his coverage experience is almost all in zone. Woodard is red flagged for concussions. Weaver is marginal to get drafted. Ojemidia looks like a nickel corner who might help on special teams. Robertson has great instincts but his height is a huge drawback. Only a few corners of his side have made it.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Malik Harrison in the 3rd is fire if Simmons-8 falls through.

I’m not ready to put my eggs in the Devondre Campbell basket yet.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m also looking at JaMycal Hasty in the 6th/7th and Alex Highsmith in the 4th.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Hasty is a decent receiver out of the backfield, but his future my lie as a gunner; good athlete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard